Home

Old 08-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Zone Coverage Drops Adjustments

Has anyone messed with these much yet?

I have a theory that the zone coverage on All Madden feels so soft, as all of the AI zones backpedal into oblivion, as the game devs want to make you utilize this new function. But for the life of me I cannot find the right balance for what to put these settings at.

Seems like a poor bandaid to a larger issue with flat footed zones. And one that's likely more tailored toward the online competitive crowd than the SIM and/or franchise crowd. /sigh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Zone Coverage Drops Adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7

I have a theory that the zone coverage on All Madden feels so soft, as all of the AI zones backpedal into oblivion, as the game devs want to make you utilize this new function. But for the life of me I cannot find the right balance for what to put these settings at.

Seems like a poor bandaid to a larger issue with flat footed zones. And one that's likely more tailored toward the online competitive crowd than the SIM and/or franchise crowd. /sigh
I have been Using 5-15-10 Nd Just adjust as I need to

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldbillz
I have been Using 5-15-10 Nd Just adjust as I need to

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
You playing CPU on all Madden? What is your base coverage?
Old 08-27-2020, 12:30 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

So I got sick of the CPU completing those little 5 -7 yard passes to the TE or slot receiver. So I set the hook to 5 yards and it stopped it. This is a potential game changer. You need to mess with it. I think that why the CPU has such a high completion % because it does those dump off passes. Now they throw downfield more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2020, 12:34 PM   #5
Pro

I think the number essentially represents how many yards downfield they will cover, will zero being the line of scrimmage. That was how it seemed to be for me.

The fact that blue zones canít be edited and are functionally the worst zone in the game by far is game breaking on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
So I got sick of the CPU completing those little 5 -7 yard passes to the TE or slot receiver. So I set the hook to 5 yards and it stopped it. This is a potential game changer. You need to mess with it. I think that why the CPU has such a high completion % because it does those dump off passes. Now they throw downfield more.

^^^^^^^^

This!!!!

I love the new zone coaching adjustments. I was noticing the flats being exploited by the CPU....set it to 5 yards.....they started going down field more....I was generating more pressure because I took away their safety valves. Use the hooks to take away a TE who is abusing you in the middle of field etc etc. Adds a while new layer of defensive tools to use to overcome the West Coast style of offense.

But they caught on to me.....ran a HB wheel on me.....BOOM. Russell Wilson hit a streaking Carson for a big TD.

The game is so much better than 20......in so many ways.

The CPU actually learned and countered me again. I have not seen this type of AI in a Madden game.....ever.

Game still has the usual legacy issues that people constantly beat to death.....but I enjoy Madden. You either like Madden or you don’t.
Madden 21
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-27-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

Amen! Amen! Amen!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
^^^^^^^^

This!!!!

I love the new zone coaching adjustments. I was noticing the flats being exploited by the CPU....set it to 5 yards.....they started going down field more....I was generating more pressure because I took away their safety valves. Use the hooks to take away a TE who is abusing you in the middle of field etc etc. Adds a while new layer of defensive tools to use to overcome the West Coast style of offense.

But they caught on to me.....ran a HB wheel on me.....BOOM. Russell Wilson hit a streaking Carson for a big TD.

The CPU actually learned and countered me again. I have not seen this type of AI in a Madden game.....ever.

Game still has the usual legacy issues that people constantly beat to death.....but I enjoy Madden. You either like Madden or you donít.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #8
MVP

Armor
Another thing I've noticed is the other adjustments work now as well. Do me a favor and try this. Pick a corner that has a bad bump rating press him and watch how he gets beat.... Now with that same corner press him again but this time adjust his assignment to over the top and watch how much better he covers. The reason why this is better is because now you can play a lot more man and not have to worry about the CB being stuck in mud as the rec runs by him..,now you want to take it a step further first adjust him inside the over the top now you have taken away the slants also....granted all this is determined by ratings but you know what I mean..... Man hope all this made sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
^^^^^^^^

This!!!!

Game still has the usual legacy issues that people constantly beat to death.....but I enjoy Madden. You either like Madden or you donít.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »