Home

CPU QB Accuracy

This is a discussion on CPU QB Accuracy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #9
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: CPU QB Accuracy

accuracy and coverage sliders usually help a little bit.

also instead of playing on the dline i usually user control someone in coverage. if you play enough madden you should be able to identify where the weak spots in coverage usually are and if you user control the right person and make them play their responsibility correctly, it can really help on some plays(not all).

on cover 3 plays i usually cover one of the flats, cover 2 i usually control a safety or a LB. man defense ill usually control a safety or LB depending on who they are matched up against.

its not perfect but if you are decent you can eliminate some of those easy throws the CPU makes.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:36 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

I’ve messed around with the sliders but I’ve never adjusted short range, mid, & deep accuracy. I maybe have to play with that a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-28-2020, 03:15 AM   #11
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

I have definitely noticed the accuracy issue, I’m not really seeing robo qb though. Pressure plays a big part I think, but most of the passes the cpu does are all short so it seems like they are trying to protect their accuracy lol.

I’m doing a jags franchise and our defense isn’t that great so it’s hard to judge a lot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 08:00 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I have definitely noticed the accuracy issue, I’m not really seeing robo qb though. Pressure plays a big part I think, but most of the passes the cpu does are all short so it seems like they are trying to protect their accuracy lol.

I’m doing a jags franchise and our defense isn’t that great so it’s hard to judge a lot
Another huge part of why completion % are so high. Not only are the short, medium, and long pass ratings way too high for QBs, but the playbooks do not allow many downfield shots. Too many dump offs and short passes to TE's and WRs across the middle 10 yards away.

We will never get the realism we seek until ratings are overhauled and playbooks include more medium - long passes that are not spoiled by constant sacking.

C
Old 08-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

The game needs to be rebuilt. Have better scenarios when the qb is pressured to decrease completion rate. Its more arcade so that anybody can pick up and play.

just love gaming
Old 08-28-2020, 08:48 AM   #14
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Played against the Raiders last night and Derek Carr started off the game 19-20 and this thread came to my mind. Then he went on and missed on like 6 of his next 8 passes. He finished 43-59 for 369 yards. With that many pass attempts, to only have 369 yards tells me he was taking what I was giving him. I played bend but don't break all game and made Oakland drive the length of the field when they had the ball. That's why they held an overwhelming advantage in TOP 42 minutes to my 17. Gonna play some more tonight against different QB's and see if there is any difference.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:52 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Their completion percentage isn't too crazy if you can get your sliders setup to where the CPU takes more shots down the field. When they dink and dunk their completion percentage is always high like that. It's tricky trying to find that balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #16
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Their completion percentage isn't too crazy if you can get your sliders setup to where the CPU takes more shots down the field. When they dink and dunk their completion percentage is always high like that. It's tricky trying to find that balance.

Would custom playbooks be a better way to combat the issue? I perceive the way EA has the playbooks set up so that the CPU would have more "success" throwing the ball which in them helps them when playing against a User.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »