Home

CPU QB Accuracy

This is a discussion on CPU QB Accuracy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2020, 12:44 PM   #25
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CPU QB Accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Everything is interconnected. The pass rush is slower this year so robo qb has manifested again. I generally user a zone but I’m going to try to user DL more and blitzing LBs to get more pressure in hopes it will help.

I’m playing with the Browns. Feels like they don’t have many blitz plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I tried that route and all you end up doing is having the cpu dink and dunk you to death and actually increase cpu completion percentages. The cpu is real good at getting rid of the ball quick if necessary this year.

I agree that less pressure is a problem though. Any QB with any skill can decimate a defense when they have enough time to throw. I also agree that madden has seemingly had a hard time trying to balance pressure vs completion percentages. It's either a sack fest or high completion percentages.

I think they are on the right track this year, as to me the pass rush and sack numbers generally feel pretty realistic. What needs to happen is the cpu needs to throw more errant passes. Honestly that's it.

Heres the problem though. A lot of people wont like it when their QB misses a wide open throw and I'm guessing that's why EA hasn't gone that route yet. They are more focused on competitive play than realism and I dont care what setting your on, it's just evident when you play the game.

If they could just tweak the logic so that pressure or coverage means more to accuracy we'd be fine. Although it is better, I've seen QBs be way too accurate under pressure and far too many thread the needle passes. If a guy is draped over by coverage have the cpu miss the target. If theres a heavy blitz have the CPU miss sometimes. If that happened even 6 or 7 times a game right now, percentages would be fine. That way they dont need to be missing a wide open guy and everyone could be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 12:56 PM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

QB accuracy has been a point of frustration for decades. And even lowing the slider down to 10 doesn't have much impact in most versions of Madden or NCAA.

I believe it is by design. EA thinks that most gamers don't want to deal with something boring like off-target incomplete passes...and they may be right. But it makes it even more frustrating that the accuracy slider has never really worked as simply as it should.....it would solve many issues for those of us that do like a more realistic game.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #27
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I tried that route and all you end up doing is having the cpu dink and dunk you to death and actually increase cpu completion percentages. The cpu is real good at getting rid of the ball quick if necessary this year.

I agree that less pressure is a problem though. Any QB with any skill can decimate a defense when they have enough time to throw. I also agree that madden has seemingly had a hard time trying to balance pressure vs completion percentages. It's either a sack fest or high completion percentages.

I think they are on the right track this year, as to me the pass rush and sack numbers generally feel pretty realistic. What needs to happen is the cpu needs to throw more errant passes. Honestly that's it.

Heres the problem though. A lot of people wont like it when their QB misses a wide open throw and I'm guessing that's why EA hasn't gone that route yet. They are more focused on competitive play than realism and I dont care what setting your on, it's just evident when you play the game.

If they could just tweak the logic so that pressure or coverage means more to accuracy we'd be fine. Although it is better, I've seen QBs be way too accurate under pressure and far too many thread the needle passes. If a guy is draped over by coverage have the cpu miss the target. If theres a heavy blitz have the CPU miss sometimes. If that happened even 6 or 7 times a game right now, percentages would be fine. That way they dont need to be missing a wide open guy and everyone could be happy.

100% agree on the implementation of errant throws. Maybe EA should look into adding a "Pocket Composure" rating where the lower the rating the bigger the hit to short, medium and deep ratings.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #28
Rookie

H2UKNOW's Arena

OVR: 0

I challenge each of you guys to play a game of Madden 20 with TFG’s custom roster. That was my confirmation that the issue is inflated ratings and the slider affects something else.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 21

The game could be, in my opinion, 60-70% better if they used realistic ratings. Problem is, it would lower the excitement value and the majority of younger players would complain that their player should be faster, quicker, throw better, catch more passes, etc...

It is now and has always been about ratings...and less about sliders. That's the key to changing the gameplay for the better.

C
Old 08-28-2020, 06:09 PM   #30
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

While i have seen some downfield passing in this game compared to last years, i still see the short passing game as the cpu's like main game plan for passing. So far in my few games i have played i faced (rivers, tannehill, burrows, tua, and watson) and their average stats at the half were like (14-17 and 130ish yards passing)

So yeah they seem to value that short passing more to keep the accuracy up lol
Old 08-28-2020, 06:41 PM   #31
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I think I’m getting better results bringing my hook zones to shorter depth in the new coaching options. Low sample size though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »