Home

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
I'm in year 4 of my Vikings rebuild. I've carefully spent all my resources on developing one of the leagues best D, rated 87 , and right now im sitting here watching the Broncos 81 offense eviscerate my D. I have yet to find any slider setting or combination that resolves this. It seems that ratings don't matter when you are human letting your CPU play vs the CPU ai.

It's almost impossible to properly explain how I feel like I've wasted my time on this game, and this franchise specifically. If ratings don't matter, then why am I team building?

I want to throw this game in the garbage but since I go the digital edition, I have to settle for being furious.

Try Mike Lowes sliders. I play no switch on defense and have had a lot of fun with them.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #290
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Cold, dreary, rainy Sunday afternoon, facing a division rival, wearing action greens and running the ball. It's textbook Seattle in November.

https://gfycat.com/highlevelperiodicindusriverdolphin

We won 35-14 and are 7-0. The pressure is starting to ratchet up I have to admit.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:18 AM   #291
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Cold, dreary, rainy Sunday afternoon, facing a division rival, wearing action greens and running the ball. It's textbook Seattle in November.

https://gfycat.com/highlevelperiodicindusriverdolphin

We won 35-14 and are 7-0. The pressure is starting to ratchet up I have to admit.
DISLIKE. But yeah, similar thing happened in my Franchise - Seattle SMOKED me on the ground in Week 15.

But fates had other things in mind for them. Both Seattle and my 49ers entered Week 16 at 7-7, and then both won to get to 8-7 (I handled the struggling Cardinals, thanks to just running QB Spy on Kyler all afternoon). So we both entered Week 17 NOT in the playoff bracket.

Week 17 I have my final home game of the season against the Texans, and have a relatively close win. So I finish at 9-7... but know that Seattle has the tiebreaker against me for the playoffs IF they win and get to 9-7... and they play Detroit on MNF for the last game of the regular season.

But shockingly, they LOSE to Detroit by 1 point, and finish 8-8 and fall just outside of the playoffs. Which is a relief.

I'm heading to Minnesota for the Wildcard round... feeling pretty confident since I handled them earlier in the season, but I lost Trent Williams for the season with a torn labrum in Week 17. That loss, coupled with also losing Saffold, means my OL is in dire straits. If I can pull out a win at Minnesota, I head to the No. 1 seeded LA Rams... and I do NOT feel good about that matchup since they beat me both games this season and will feast on my injured OL.

But we'll see. It's been a fun and challenging season thus far.

Last edited by spfhelmiii; 11-21-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #292
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

It’s so nice of the Madden team to give us an expansion mode in the game this year. All you got to do is be the Jets!
Old 11-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #293
Rookie

dking30's Arena

Which 2021 draft class are you guys using?
Old 11-21-2020, 11:31 PM   #294
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking30
Which 2021 draft class are you guys using?
I just use auto-generated. Like love, it's exciting and new. Also there was an issue in Madden 20 where custom draft classes had mismatched pairs of shoes. Chances are good it's still in this year's version.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:27 AM   #295
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

It was a dark and dreary night for Roger Goodell as he reviewed countless NFL litigation and literature with his favorite brand of whisky close by. As he closed in on the end of his night, he passed what some would consider a suitable level of soberness to be conducting league changing business. Such was the case as Goodell blindly signed a letter of declaration to officially expand the NFL to its first foreign land: the Great White North of Canada. Goodell shuffled the paperwork away and stumbled off to bed.

One week later and Goodell and his most trusted advisors were forced to 'make things work' after word had spread like wildfire through the media of the NFL's debut in Toronto. League balance had already been achieved and maintained so, though a carefully calculated series of revisions (that excluded any team located in Los Angeles, New York or named the Dallas Cowboys), it was decided the Jacksonville Jaguars would be disbanded prior to the 2020 season. In their place and ready to roll out as the league's first international franchise would be the Toronto Huskies.

The entirety of the Jaguars roster would be given the opportunity to seek employment within the United States while the majority of the brand new Huskies would be supplemented by the hiring of the recently doubly defunct XFL. In a press conference met with quite a bit of sarcastic excitement, Goodell boasted the thrill of having the 'best of the best' of the XFL going toe to toe with their NFL counterparts. Notable names included XFL MVP P.J. Walker, WR Antonio Callaway, OL Michael Dunn and Pace Murphy, CBs Deatrick Nichols and Josh Hawkins while actual NFL cast offs would make up the rest of the roster, most nostably former Cowboys great WR Dez Bryant.

Roger Goodell was thrilled to announce in combination with the roster revel that the team would be lead by the CFL's All-Time Leader in Wins'.... nephew, Jason Buono. Buono is the nephew of Wally Buono, a CFL legend. Though little is known of Jason's caching credentials, he did arrive to his own press introduction only slightly late.

The Huskies opening game in NFL history was a lopsided one. The Pittsburgh Steelers, led by their legendary QB... Nick Mullens, blasted the newly branded Huskies to the tune of 49-0. P.J. Walker was actually assaulted by the Steelers' front seven and would fumble the ball 4 times before throwing 2 interceptions to top it off. On the bright side, there was only one way to go after such a ballyhooed debut.

The Huskies would get their first taste of victory just a week later. Coming in as double digit underdogs, the Huskies upset a talented 49ers team in San Francisco, 27-22. Rookie RB Javier DuBois notched his first 100 yard game in the league and P.J. Walker showed he can play in the NFL if he can afford some protection up front.

The Toronto Huskies have a long road ahead of them with regards to becoming a competitive NFL franchise but it's already clear they have a lot of heart in them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 08:42 PM   #296
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Picked up Madden on sale, really haven't played in several years outsiden of the free weekend promos so I'm unfamiliar with options. Two questions:

1. I can start a franchise at any point in the season, correct? So I can take over the Steelers in week 10 or 11 and play out the season from there?

2. Assuming that answer is yes, can I then keep Tomlin as the coach of the Steelers (but not be user controlled) and create a new coach to take over a team that finishes with a bad record?

Basically I want to get my feet wet playing with a good team I know well but have the option to jump ship and build my own coaching career in a realistic setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »