Home

Enjoy the game? Ignore the negativity

This is a discussion on Enjoy the game? Ignore the negativity within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2020, 01:12 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Enjoy the game? Ignore the negativity

Quote:
Originally Posted by YabaDaba
I agree that people who are enjoying this years game shouldn’t be made to feel bad about it.

At the same time, people who aren’t enjoying Madden shouldn’t be told that they are being unreasonable, should get over it, or should find a different game.

The reason some people will be negative in this thread meant to be positive is the same reason some people chose to be “positive” about franchise in the threads criticizing it.

It goes both ways and it all needs to stop.
That's a great point, I am behind franchise getting what it's deserves because of the minimum updates the last several years.

Last edited by roadman; 08-28-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #18
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
So, I'm going to preface this by saying that people who genuinely don't like this game, or are frustrated about franchise mode are so welcome to their opinion.

I happen to think that this is the most polished game that I've seen yet from the franchise, and I'm really enjoying it. So the best advice I can give other people who I like me, simply ignore the negativity and enjoy the game for what it is.

Franchise mode needs attention and the community has done what it can do get that message to ea. But for now I am going to enjoy the game and ignore the negativity for the sake of negativity.

Thank you for posting this. The same folks have their own thread where they can complain until this time next year about how they will never purchase Madden again (nothing wrong with that, it's a free country, complaining is cool). I am loving the game and I played Madden 20 up until I downloaded Madden 21 last night. The best thing so far is that I can no longer slant route my way to success against the cpu when I need a first down. The movement weight and the new control of the players will take some time to get used to but that is a good thing. I played Franchise last year and even with whatever they say is missing, I had a ball and will continue to do so this year. Did someone compare your post with Laura Ingram telling Lebron to shut up and dribble? SMH that is not even remotely the same thing, just let us enjoy the game without following that up with negativity.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-28-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's a great point, I am behind franchise getting what it's deserves because of the minimum updates the last several years.
Yeah, but it’s clear there are some people who, for whatever reason, would prefer that the franchise fans not get what they’re asking for.

We live in a time where people get off on being negative and trying to deprive others of happiness.

But everyone has to understand that it goes both ways.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:26 PM   #20
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, but it’s clear there are some people who, for whatever reason, would prefer that the franchise fans not get what they’re asking for.

We live in a time where people get off on being negative and trying to deprive others of happiness.

What fan is hoping that Franchise is not improved. I think you are confusing those of us who enjoy franchise for what it is as having something against those that do not like it. Please tell me who are these people who "would prefer that the franchise fans not get what they're asking for"? Those of us that like Madden have nothing to do with depriving you of happiness. I think most of us want the game to improve.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-28-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:27 PM   #21
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
At the same time, people who aren’t enjoying Madden shouldn’t be told that they are being unreasonable, should get over it, or should find a different game.
That is the unique issue here; this is the only product I can think of where I have no other option.

If I don't want to buy a Ford, I have dozens of other options, in all shapes and sizes.

If I hate Jiffy peanut butter, there's plenty of other choices.

Even things like cable or internet that may have regional restrictions, or flat out monopolies.. I can put up a satellite dish.

There is simply no way I can fill this void.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Are you serious? What fan is hoping that Franchise is not improved. I think you are confusing those of us who enjoy franchise for what it is as having something against those that do not like it. Please tell me who are these people who "would prefer that the franchise fans not get what they're asking for"?
I don’t want to name names or point fingers but if you check out the some of the looong threads about this years franchise mode, you’ll see people asking for a deep franchise mode called “the problem” and unreasonable, among other things. Who trivialize the franchise base by comparing their requests to a strip club. Who say we are wasting our time by complaining about franchise. And some of it is from people who think franchise is better now than 15 years ago, and don’t want the focus on depth to return to what it once was.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:39 PM   #23
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Difference in being frustrated with EA and constantly complaining.
I try and probe this venue here to get answers in how to get the game better out of the box..or after a patch ect...took a while but got 20 running really good thanks to people on this site..And some testing.

21 for me, and the way I play, may be more challenging but I’m up to it....Lots..of good points to this years version..

I would just like to voice a opinion...bare with me.
Here is what is frustrating to me...

EA has been making a football game for sometime...so to me..each year it should get better. Products do get better in time right? TV ‘s Cars...but it just seems that EVERY year..every year, the developers or the executives or whom ever forget that its a FOOTBALL game...and then they start over with some people from Radio Shack and say here, see if you can reinvent this..It’s a “new” football game.

So example this year 21 is the FIRST year...FIRST year I have seen QB movement in the pocket and there about since the inception of Madden.

I love the game love football I just don’t understand their (EA’s) process from year to year..and one last thing ..WHY do they take things out, rather than giving us a option...

Last edited by tuckermaine; 08-28-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:41 PM   #24
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:

Quote:
I don’t want to name names or point fingers but if you check out the some of the looong threads about this years franchise mode, you’ll see people asking for a deep franchise mode called “the problem” and unreasonable, among other things. Who trivialize the franchise base by comparing their requests to a strip club. Who say we are wasting our time by complaining about franchise. And some of it is from people who think franchise is better now than 15 years ago, and don’t want the focus on depth to return to what it once was.

That's Interesting. I don't remember how it was even 10 years ago but that's probably I didn't like the game back then. Franchise improvements are definitely needed because it can only get better so I feel you there. I have changed a lot over the years, I was the biggest 2k fan, arguing, getting suspended for insults etc. but now I love Madden. Not sure if it's because it's the only game but I tell you for me, it is a lot of fun to play. I was hoping that 2k was coming back just for the competition but other than that I'm good and hope that they continue to make improvements including the areas that haven't been touched that much over the years.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-28-2020 at 01:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »