Home

The Yard in Madden 21: What We Like and Do Not Like So Far

This is a discussion on The Yard in Madden 21: What We Like and Do Not Like So Far within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #41
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0
The Yard in Madden 21: What We Like and Do Not Like So Far

Just finished my trial and used the last half of the hours to play the yard and give it a real honest shot.

1) proves EA is capable of creating a better create a player mode.
2) noticed fans walking up and down sidelines while playing, proving that EA is capable of making sidelines, fans, and stadium atmosphere more life like.
3) games were quick and fills the need for people who are looking for a quick fast pace experience.
4) has potential to be fun if players had more control over their own moves and plays.

Dislikes:
1) Game mode revolves around building an individual. The gameplay isn’t creative enough to actually enjoy that experience. I don’t feel like there’s enough control over my players moves and animations. NBA 2ks gameplay is not perfect but has way more variety of moves and play styles to give the user more control and a sense of actually performing there own moves. More creative freedom when performing jukes, spins, etc is needed to make this mode work with gameplay. When my guy levels up I want to actually feel that in the gameplay. Not just have a few abilities that just get used over and over and look the same every time. I must have saw the around the back juke 15 times in the 5 or 6 games I played.
2) equipment and accessories did not impress. Maybe you have to level up a lot to see the other content? Maybe it’s because I was playing the trial? Way more authentic brands need to be available for clothes and accessories. Where is all the Nike, under armor, Adidas accessories? Where is all the wristbands, gloves, cleats etc? Can we edit the color ways for cleats? I only saw like 4 pairs of cleats, and just a bunch of EA sleeves and shorts. Why would I ever want to spend money on virtual non authentic gear? I just didnt see the point of leveling my guy up. What is there to look forward too?
3) mode feels forced in a sport that is meant to be team oriented. The 6 on 6 allows for more individualism but the gameplay just isn’t fun enough to only want to control one player. I find maddens defense gameplay has always been boring and frustrating when controlling just one player and offensively not enough moves or abilities.

I have more likes and dislikes but dont want to go on and on. These were the major things that stood out for me. I honestly don’t have any desire to continue to play this mode if I ever decide to actually purchase the full version of the game. Gameplay just isn’t fun and creative enough to enjoy it. Not looking to bash the mode. If they improve it I could see why some people would enjoy it. I guess it has some potential, but it’s just not for me and what I’m looking for in a sim football oriented game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Cato06; 08-29-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 05:27 PM   #42
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Yard in Madden 21: What We Like and Do Not Like So Far

Thanks for the breakdown Cato!
Old 08-30-2020, 11:06 PM   #43
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Yard in Madden 21: What We Like and Do Not Like So Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Thanks for the breakdown Cato!

You got it! That’s what I’m here for Boss!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »