Home

Offensive Line Blocking Resistance

This is a discussion on Offensive Line Blocking Resistance within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2020, 04:21 PM   #9
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Offensive Line Blocking Resistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus0076
This is a problem. Mack should be able to dominate that tackle resistance or not. That is broken
The separation between NFL stars and scrubs, athletically, isn't as stark as some people think. Athletic freaks (especially pass rushers) become busts every year because they don't have the skills or have one move they are good at.

Mack has an array of moves - if he used the same move all game, the lineman would be able to leverage against it, minimizing the likelihood of its success. What makes Mack so good in Madden is that he is very good with power moves, finesse moves, and speed rushes. If you can vary his moves, you can have a lot of success.

One thing I WOULD like to see though is that "move resistance" drop a little more quickly. Far too often, OL get built up quickly. Pass rushers become useless until halftime...then they get a bit better....to become useless by the 4th quarter. Even when you shuffle guys around; it's not unheard of to have every combo of linemen facing built-in resistance across the board. This would help the CPU rush greatly and even things out a bit.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:16 PM   #10
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
If Khalil Mack ran the exact same move every single snap even I could probably do a decent job against him by the end of the game.
ummmm... no. Nobody in this thread could block Khalil Mack, even if he told you what he was going to do, prior to the snap.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:14 PM   #11
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
If Khalil Mack ran the exact same move every single snap even I could probably do a decent job against him by the end of the game.
I think Khalil Mack would probably still ruin you, but I don't know your bonafides and I respect the confidence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2020, 04:01 AM   #12
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus0076
All,

I trying to understand how this works based on ratings. It seems as though if the defensive guy has better ratings and you don't user control him, you can't generate a pass rush. If the defensive guy is better than the offensive lineman shouldn't the resistance really not matter at that point.
I'm hearing chatter that the CPU doesn't use the new pass rush mechanic and uses the M20 style of rushing the passer; which could explain why pressure is low.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:03 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
I'm hearing chatter that the CPU doesn't use the new pass rush mechanic and uses the M20 style of rushing the passer; which could explain why pressure is low.
Why would EA not include this? This makes no sense, some people don't want to do user rushing
Old 09-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #14
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
ummmm... no. Nobody in this thread could block Khalil Mack, even if he told you what he was going to do, prior to the snap.
Lol this is exactly what I was thinking when I read that, but wasn’t going to say anything

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »