Home

Washington Football Team

This is a discussion on Washington Football Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2020, 10:53 PM   #25
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Washington Football Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
If you wanna keep the Redskins name in Madden 21 just buy a disc copy and don't update it. Of course you're gonna have to deal with a buggy mess but if its that important there you go.

#fixmaddenfranchise
I’m good. Haven’t bought a disc since maybe fifa 15. They’re going to be a thing of the past imo.
It’s not that the name is that important. But I’m not a big fan of the new playoff format and if Washington is just generic and the new stadiums like the Raiders, Rams and Chargers doesn’t have real authenticity (how could they) then I rather just wait until next year when everything is more polished.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 06:04 AM   #26
Pro

boxers's Arena

OVR: 0

I would suggest you google why people felt like the name and logo were inappropriate. Political correctness is defined as the avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against. This this isn't a political correctness issue or because for "many" it was "contrary to the politically correct". There's nothing perceived about the insult from the name and logo, it just is insulting. Why would Indians be a better name? What is an Indian -- East Indian, West Indian, an Indian from India, an Indian from Goa? Do you even know the difference, care about the difference or have you even tried to learn about the differences? Your arrogance is astounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers96
I was thinking about the subject of removing the old name of the franchise and wanted to know why Washington also removed the Logo that was the face of an Indian. Wouldn't it be enough to just change the name that for many was contrary to the politically correct? Anyway, I would like to give an opinion on the new name of the franchise, I would like the name to be Washington INDIANS. What new name would you choose?

#NFLdropEA
I think there is definitely something wrong with the logo, just like there is with Cleveland's baseball team name. If the team had been owned and started by a community with respect for the culture of the name and logo they are appropriating, maybe you could make a reasonable argument about keeping it. However, as it stands, there is no amount of community engagement that would make that logo acceptable because it never came from a place of understanding or respect. Ultimately, you cannot turn something born out of disrespect into something respectful.

Before the argument is made about the first head coach's cultural background, there is some controversy there. Even if there wasn't, the team name came before the hiring. In addition, Washington's original owner has a controversial history that suggests that he wasn't exactly a support of racial equality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I don’t think anything was wrong with the logo. That’s the sad part of the Washington franchise organization is they (and by they I mean Snyder family) have zero idea on how to engage the community and the Native American Indian tribal affiliations to come to a common ground. The logo was fine and wetzl could have lived in just fine, all Snyder had to do was find a better identity for that logo than “redskins”. The real winner could have been Washington “adopting” a tribal affiliation and using their names and culture as part of the rebranding and contribute a nice percentage of the income to the tribal advancement of that affiliation. Great public outreach and message of making a difference on and off the field. But alas, Snyder And his goons are bit by the bug, that once infected, drains all common sense and decency from a man.
I'm by no means an expert on this but I honestly do not understand why people are so bothered by this name and logo change. The dictionary is large and vast, pick a non-racist name and logo. Why is it so hard for people to not be racist and why do we even go through the mental gymnastics of trying to find a name that is close to the old one? I would think the point is to move as far away from the old name as possible because it was, at best, ignorant and, at worst, racist.

Last edited by boxers; 08-31-2020 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:19 AM   #27
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

One thing I've learned over the last few years as a young black man in America is that people will use anything they can to validate their racism and racist behavior/beliefs. I'm not referring to anyone here at all, this is just a general statement.

It's like the "I don't see color" people....ya should cause then you'd maybe realize what's actually going on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-31-2020, 12:10 PM   #28
Pro

This thread should've been locked from the opening post... Yikes is all I gotta say
Old 08-31-2020, 12:41 PM   #29
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Let's just wait for Snyder to sell the team and let the new owners decide. Regardless of the name, Snyder has to go.

From all I've read, Snyder is only part of the problem.

Imagine having the capitol, and wherewithal, to get to a point in life where you can own a $1,000,000,000 dollar entity..... and you and your partners can't even agree on a brand/namechange?

.. and consider, branding is a HUGE chunk of your revenue.

This borders on absurd.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:45 PM   #30
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I’m just glad I don’t have to see the NFL logo anymore anytime a player from the WFT wins an award. And honestly I think the new logo looks pretty clean
Old 08-31-2020, 01:03 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Unless I missed it (and I'm surprised no one has asked yet), what happens when you select alternate uniforms?
I always thought the name and logo were questionable but they are part of history and should be selectable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 01:04 PM   #32
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
One thing I've learned over the last few years as a young black man in America is that people will use anything they can to validate their racism and racist behavior/beliefs. I'm not referring to anyone here at all, this is just a general statement.

It's like the "I don't see color" people....ya should cause then you'd maybe realize what's actually going on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I don’t want to get to political on here, but My two cents.:.

The problem with the chief wahoo and redskins logo is that it insinuates all native Americans have a “look” to them, and this is where it becomes problematic. I am white and My political beefs tend to lean in the conservative spectrum, but even I see the issues with the redskins name and logo and quite frankly I’m glad it’s gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »