Home

Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21

This is a discussion on Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #25
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
And All-Madden is nerfed, creating some of the worst gameplay experiences imaginable.

Every LB is Derrick Brooks and has mythical psychic ability
Every DB is Deion with MJs hops

I don't care if All-Madden makes games tougher, I can't deal with that ish.
I've had 4 great games on all madden and was 2 and 2. Then my last one went All Maddenish on me.

Playing the Jags, I was all over Minshew and he got rattled early. Threw 3 picks in the first half and was like 12 for 21 or something like that. 3rd quarter he was just as bad and threw another pick.

I struggled a bit as well and was up 18 points going into the 4th quarter.

4th quarter Minshew miraculously figured it all out and went perfect with 3 td passes. Drove the ball the length of the field and scored the 3rd and go ahead touchdown with 47 seconds left.

I couldnt do a thing in the 4th but in classic all madden fashion I completed a 50 yard bomb with 3 seconds left, that I had no business catching, and with a timeout left, I tied the game with a field goal.

OT was short and sweet. Jags won the toss and Minshew finished off his miraculous turn around, went perfect and won the game on a touchdown.

I like losing. Honestly it's why I need to play on All Madden. I dont want to have perfect seasons and win the Superbowl every year. This isnt 1993 and I'm not playing on a Sega Genesis. I just hate games like this where it's just not at all realistic.

The good news is out of 5 games it has only been 1 dud. In my experience from past all madden adventures, those frustrating games happened at a higher clip way more than this year so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2020, 02:07 PM   #26
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Yea all pro has been way too easy, it’s too easy to dominate with a bad team but on all madden you can’t stop a bad team with a good team. They just need to find the sweet spot right in the middle and let the ratings really shine
Haha Philly my experience with Josh Allen is exactly the opposite - he NEVER scrambled on me in three games I played against him, and his comp % is between 70-80 almost always. Last game he threw for 363 yards with comp % above - wait for it - 70+ %.

Test franchise playing as Jets (and Titans and Bears to get a feel how the game plays using different offenses / defenses), All Pro difficulty, sliders close to what Armor's using.

The coverage (both man and zone) MUST be patched, but the real problem imo is that a) the QBs often throw basically the second they take the snap, and b) they are dead accurate even under pressure, and even the crappy ones.

Many aspects of this game are better than M20, but this one is really frustrating right now.

Edit: Damn this was obviously supposed to be a reply to Philly's post about Josh Allen ...
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

Last edited by Executor; 09-01-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:44 PM   #27
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I like losing. Honestly it's why I need to play on All Madden. I dont want to have perfect seasons and win the Superbowl every year. This isnt 1993 and I'm not playing on a Sega Genesis. I just hate games like this where it's just not at all realistic.

The good news is out of 5 games it has only been 1 dud. In my experience from past all madden adventures, those frustrating games happened at a higher clip way more than this year so far.
I'd prefer a game where I don't know what the outcome is going to be. I think I have to go all the way back to 2004 for that.

I absolutely cannot deal with All Madden. Some of the things are just absurd.

TEs or backs WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field... only to have a LB, formerly flat footed in the middle of the field, all of a sudden read, react and make a one handed, fingertip INT as if he were OBJ. Or the infamous, corner beat by 3 yards on a go, only to have an insane burst of speed, or bust out a 50" Randy Moss vertical to knock the ball away.

I'd love to be able to focus on the bigger picture, the CPU actually being able to beat me, but I can't see past these things. I feel like All Madden is the game cheating me, because it can't beat me with players/programming that reflect real player motion/physics.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:52 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 6

I tried this with cpu/cpu. Didnt play so well. Caused a sack fest. This has worked in the past though. This is playing on different default skill levels. Without the accuracy drops I never saw more than 7 sacks. With these edits. I was seeing 12-15 sacks.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-01-2020, 04:04 PM   #29
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I am sick of all the late game heroics by the CPU QB who is stinking up the joint in the first 3 quarters. I am to the point where I literally pile on extra scores if I can because I am scared the AI QB is going to go into Beast mode again. I have been winning by 20 in the 4th and they come back to win on perfect passing in consecutive drives, while I can no longer complete a pass (drop everything especially when getting hit) and running backs keep getting stuffed by the 85 bears defense when they were like a swiss cheese first 3 quarters.

So I have to cheese it up and try to score more so when I am winning 28 -10 I try to score 40 so when they mount their big comeback I can win 40-31 or something like that.

Edit: Let me take part of that back. Most games the AI QB is like Robo QB all game. On the rare games where I hold the QB in check and he is playing like a real QB, he ultimately defaults back to Robo QB to ensure a comeback.

Last edited by icicle22; 09-01-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:36 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
That 88 THP will be getting you picked left and right on anything other than short routes because of redone velocity/trajectories.

God forbid any TUP is applied as this year the weight against THP/THA’s actually plays a very visible role during gameplay, until it’s patched away, which one could expect to come real soon.
I am not seeing that issue so far regarding throw power. I noticed that throwing under pressure affects accuracy in a more dramatic way this year, but I kind of like how it plays right now.

My point was QBs don't get the same treatment with stretched out ratings. A 69ovr LT from the same draft class had: 84STR, 74AWR, 71PBK, 76RBK, 74IBL.

That looks like a 69ovr player to me; weak, can't block well especially in the passing game. 69ovr QB? Nah, I can play with a guy like that.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life

I’d like to see the elite CPU qb’s complete around 65% of their passes and the backups and less talented starting CPU qb’s complete 50% to 55% or so.
Why so low?

In 2019, 13 NFL QBs finished with a completion percentage higher than 65%. 29 finished with a completion percentage above 60%.

The only starting QBs to finish with a completion percentage below 60% were Andy Dalton (59.5), Baker Mayfield (59.4) and Josh Allen (58.8).

In 2018, the average numbers were even higher....19 QBs finished above 65%.

Both seasons had 3 QBs finish above 70%, and not all of them are ones you'd necessarily consider elite. Brees finished above 70% both years (like you'd expect), but some of the other names are guys like Derek Carr, Ryan Tannehill, and Kirk Cousins.

You have to go all the way back to 2013 to find a season where even 10 starting QBs finished with a completion percentage under 60%

If you're trying to replicate a specific historical era, I'd understand the lower numbers. But trying to force the majority of the league into the 50-55% range doesn't match the modern league.

Citations: 2019 passing stats

2018 passing stats

Last edited by tg88forHOF; 09-02-2020 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #32
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I'd prefer a game where I don't know what the outcome is going to be. I think I have to go all the way back to 2004 for that.

I absolutely cannot deal with All Madden. Some of the things are just absurd.

TEs or backs WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field... only to have a LB, formerly flat footed in the middle of the field, all of a sudden read, react and make a one handed, fingertip INT as if he were OBJ. Or the infamous, corner beat by 3 yards on a go, only to have an insane burst of speed, or bust out a 50" Randy Moss vertical to knock the ball away.

I'd love to be able to focus on the bigger picture, the CPU actually being able to beat me, but I can't see past these things. I feel like All Madden is the game cheating me, because it can't beat me with players/programming that reflect real player motion/physics.
Yep, All Madden is cheating us. My average QB stats are something like 20/34 with 5 drops and 4 INTs- at least one of which is a pick-6. I've had a few games where I've outgained the CPU by 100+ yards but have lost by multiple scores. When the CPU wants a turnover, they're getting it- if I'm driving, it's just a matter of time before I fumble or throw a pick. I was up 10 with 3 minutes left and had the ball last night, but 2 fumbles later, I'm down 4 (and of course I threw a pick to end my last possession). I like to be challenged, but being screwed does not accomplish that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »