Home

Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21

This is a discussion on Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2020, 02:21 AM   #57
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reducing accuracy ratings for all QB’s in Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
It may not even be that you're doing anything "wrong"...I've noticed this year especially, if you call a lot of deeper zones (C3, split field coverages), the CPU will cheerfully check down and take underneath stuff all game.

That's how it's supposed to work...C3 encourages underneath completions that are aggressively met and tackled...but it inflates completion percentages even further than what Madden's tendencies already are.

I've also seen some of the slow reactions you're talking about. You seeing it largely from your slot defenders?
Yeah slot defenders I do see, I also see it on slant routes to. The cpu abuses the slant routes in the game this year I noticed (which is popular in real life) but that’s when my defenders are slow to react
Old 09-04-2020, 02:22 AM   #58
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I should mention robo QB is not the only cause of high completion percentage. I have at least 5-6 plays a game where I call the perfect coverage and the CPU throws it to the guy anyway and despite me draping all over the receiver and swatting he catches the ball. The same with slants....when I cover them perfectly it get's thread in there as I reach for the block and I we both fall forward to the ground yet he still catches it. When the roles are reversed and the CPU db is covering me it is always deflected or more times than not, my guy drops the ball when he hits the ground or is just remotely hit. Seriously, 9 out 10 times the CPU receiver hands onto the ball when hit and 9 out of 10 times my guy drops it on the same exact type of hit/tackles. It is skewed way in the CPU favor for this.

This is why it's so frustrating because there are a ton of completions against me where guys are wide open. On the rare occasion where my guys are covering great it doesn't even matter cause the CPU hangs onto everything and just shrugs off my coverage anyway. Again...if this happened on both sides of the ball it might feel different but because it's so CPU loaded it feels like a "cheat" almost? I dunno.

Playing on All Pro by the way.
Trust me I wish I could get my defenders to cover the way the cpu defends in this game, their defenders actually play zone right or can cover in man really tight
Old 09-04-2020, 05:07 AM   #59
Rookie

XxStew21xx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
This is why it's so frustrating because there are a ton of completions against me where guys are wide open. On the rare occasion where my guys are covering great it doesn't even matter cause the CPU hangs onto everything and just shrugs off my coverage anyway. Again...if this happened on both sides of the ball it might feel different but because it's so CPU loaded it feels like a "cheat" almost? I dunno.

Playing on All Pro by the way.
How about lowering the CPU catch ?
Old 09-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Trust me I wish I could get my defenders to cover the way the cpu defends in this game, their defenders actually play zone right or can cover in man really tight
I discovered an odd fix last night for improved AI coverage and play in general for CFM.
- esp Endzone coverage

Will post a thread on it when I get off work.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:37 PM   #61
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I discovered an odd fix last night for improved AI coverage and play in general for CFM.
- esp Endzone coverage

Can't wait.

My only "fix" was dropping WR catching (I tested 25 and 35 just to get a feel for it) but both look to be unsustainable / unrealistic in the long run.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 06:32 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Which skill level are you playing on?

I do cpu/cpu. I’ve tried default at all the levels.

You’re gonna get uneven qb play on whichever level you try.

Rookie-the human controlled team plays more like the cpu does on all pro. I’ll explain all pro after pro.

On pro- the cpu controlled team, the team you don’t select in controller select will always throw more ints that the team you control

On all pro-the cpu almost always goes 80%, while the human side team will always be lower.

On all madden-kind of a mixed bag this one has the most promise because the pass defense is better.

All madden seems the most doable.

Been testing all levels since release.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-04-2020, 06:47 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
- esp Endzone coverage

Can’t wait to see what you’ve cooked up khaliib. You’re always bringing. Have been for over a decade with Madden and NCAA. Always appreciate your work.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #64
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I've started my CFM with Miami and am currently 1-2. I did what Cujo suggested and dropped SAC, MAC and DAC down 20. I have also been manually moving one safety in closer before the snap on some plays instead of doing it every time with show blitz and it has helped. In my first game Can't completion % was 82. In the second game Josh Allen's was 69.5 and in the third, Jax's back up was 58%(Minchew got hurt). So know complaints so far. Def waiting to see what khaalib has for us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »