Home

Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea.

This is a discussion on Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 03:32 PM   #49
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by YabaDaba
I think you’re mixing up listening and hearing. EA definitely hears the community (how can they not, the sound has been deafening), but they haven’t been listening. Listening would entail directly acting upon what they are hearing. Listening entails processing and comprehending what you are hearing. EA isn’t listening. And their lack of listening is what has resulted in the loud outrage of the past several months. Maybe, hopefully, now they are listening.
I think you're misunderstanding what I am saying. The franchise is dead from a profitable standpoint. EA does not care what is said. They are saying, No.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:53 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Funny to see the guys talking about unfair bannings have somehow found a way to remain on the site for years without getting banned themselves

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I was going to stay out of this thread. I've been here for a long time and seen a lot.

I will say that kehlis is about the best mod around. I've seen an OS member go well over the line and kehlis try and calm them down making several attempts before actually banning. I've always thought if kehlis banned someone, they REALLY deserved it.

On the other hand, I've seen a user given cart blanche going way over the TOS, attacking other OS'ers agitating them to step over a line, while as soon as they do, a mod bans them. It would happen quite often. Makes me think it was INTENTIONAL

I won't mention the user here in the thread, but I'll be happy to PM it too you if you want it. I'm sure many us could PM that same user or will recognize it if they saw it.

OS has not been impartial in this.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:59 PM   #51
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I've been pretty critical in the past. I've never been banned. I even had critical posts and replies that Ian himself read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 07:40 PM   #52
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomOne
THEY WONT CARE IF THE GAME STILL SELLS & MAKES THEM MONEY. THIS IS NOT A HARD CONCEPT
Public discontent will make shareholders nervous. It will make the NFL testy that their brand is being insulted. Regardless of whether you feel they have the right to complain, public outcry serves a purpose, even if EA "got your money" already.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:46 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Funny to see the guys talking about unfair bannings have somehow found a way to remain on the site for years without getting banned themselves

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Obvious alt accounts.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:53 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I agree with your view on the premise of the thread. Im also glad to hear of your self-imposed reduction of interest and mod activity on the forums. It's greatly appreciated and has been a welcomed change to say the absolute least.
Attached Images
File Type: gif supersaiyan1.gif (1.69 MB, 125 views)

Old 08-31-2020, 09:01 PM   #55
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I think you're misunderstanding what I am saying. The franchise is dead from a profitable standpoint. EA does not care what is said. They are saying, No.
nah, I think this is wrong. Just look at UFC 4 this year. Those buying UFC were tired of MUT. So EA straight ripped it out of the game. There are no paid bonuses anymore. EA has made lots of changes in other titles based on pressure from social media.

I think the major reason they're not "fixing" franchise is because it can't be done on this engine. Frostbite was purchased by EA for the sole purpose of saving profit and cutting jobs. Unfortunately, frostbite is not a good engine for a collision based game like Madden. Now an argument can be made they weren't improving the game prior. Not only is that true, but also destroys your entire premise.

Look at when microtransactions were introduced and when their franchise went downhill. The two aren't connected in anyway. The underlying issue is that EA is a giant corporation ran by greed, not by people who are imaginative and passionate about football.

Now onto the forum. I’ve been lurking here for over a decade. I don't join and post because I think the love affair between OS and making excuses for EA is ridiculous. The bans? Yes, they've always been excessive. I've seen many great and respected members leave over the years because they criticized Madden. Now ill agree this has been the most lenient year to date. That's great. But the disappointment comes from the fact that EA has manipulated and taken advantage of prospective buyers just to make a buck - and OS remains silent. It is embarrassing that grown men defend EA while showcasing such a disregard for respect and quality.

There were some criticism against the mods and one in this thread had a very juvenile response to say he's upset. Thats the point. This person got so emotionally tripped up in a comment that they had to let us know. This has been the modus operandi of OS for years.

I'll end with an answer to this question: has the blinded eyes of OS to the poor quality of Madden, in fact, made Madden worse? Yes. Yes it has. OS gets a lot of traffic. The reviews look like a financial incentive has been included. The mods do everything they can to twist the narrative. Critical members banned. If people coming here see scathing reviews of the game then sales WILL be impacted and change WILL come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 09:13 PM   #56

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Catch
nah, I think this is wrong. Just look at UFC 4 this year. Those buying UFC were tired of MUT. So EA straight ripped it out of the game. There are no paid bonuses anymore. EA has made lots of changes in other titles based on pressure from social media.

I think the major reason they're not "fixing" franchise is because it can't be done on this engine. Frostbite was purchased by EA for the sole purpose of saving profit and cutting jobs. Unfortunately, frostbite is not a good engine for a collision based game like Madden. Now an argument can be made they weren't improving the game prior. Not only is that true, but also destroys your entire premise.

Look at when microtransactions were introduced and when their franchise went downhill. The two aren't connected in anyway. The underlying issue is that EA is a giant corporation ran by greed, not by people who are imaginative and passionate about football.

Now onto the forum. I’ve been lurking here for over a decade. I don't join and post because I think the love affair between OS and making excuses for EA is ridiculous. The bans? Yes, they've always been excessive. I've seen many great and respected members leave over the years because they criticized Madden. Now ill agree this has been the most lenient year to date. That's great. But the disappointment comes from the fact that EA has manipulated and taken advantage of prospective buyers just to make a buck - and OS remains silent. It is embarrassing that grown men defend EA while showcasing such a disregard for respect and quality.

There were some criticism against the mods and one in this thread had a very juvenile response to say he's upset. Thats the point. This person got so emotionally tripped up in a comment that they had to let us know. This has been the modus operandi of OS for years.

I'll end with an answer to this question: has the blinded eyes of OS to the poor quality of Madden, in fact, made Madden worse? Yes. Yes it has. OS gets a lot of traffic. The reviews look like a financial incentive has been included. The mods do everything they can to twist the narrative. Critical members banned. If people coming here see scathing reviews of the game then sales WILL be impacted and change WILL come.

I’d welcome you to visit the UFC forum where the opinion of those that have played that game for years paint a very different picture from what you described above about that game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »