Home

Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea.

This is a discussion on Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 11:30 PM   #65
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So are going to back up your claim that OS had a hand in that or nah?

If you’re going to make an accusation you should be ready to back it up.

Did we ever close your “Bended knees” thread? Surely if we were trying to protect the brand we would have right?
I would love to back up my post but I was banned God I don't remember maybe 18 years ago for exactly what I'm talking about so that wouldn't be possible. I apologize, but I'm sure I could do a search for threads that were prematurely locked as examples. Please make no mistake, I'm not hear to fight only to be able to reasonably have my voice heard without fear.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 08-31-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 11:38 PM   #66

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
I would love to back up my post but I was banned God I don't remember maybe 14 years ago for exactly what I'm talking about so that wouldn't be possible. I apologize, but I'm sure I could do a search for threads that were prematurely locked as examples.

Go for it. Be specific.

You’re quick to accuse OS of having a hand in where EA is today but can’t come up with an actual example of it?

I even provided an example of a thread that you started years ago that is still open which is a criticism of the game. It’s a very valid criticism.

Remember, your accusation is that we’ve closed threads that could have changed the course of where the game is today.

Share them with us all. Would love to see where we could have done better for a game we have literally no say in.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-31-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:47 PM   #67
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Madden 08 is the last truly great Madden. A game made 13 years ago. Madden 21 is far worse than a game made during George Bush's final year in office, let that sink in. If someone were to ask me then what I think Madden would be like in 10+ years, I'd say indistinguishable from real life, and franchise mode would basically be a front office simulator. My how wrong I and many others were. We have all been victimized by corporate greed on a gargantuan scale, and frankly I'm sick of it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Wasn’t 08 the absolute monstrosity first madden on 360? If so, that game was a hot mess.

If you’re talking about PC (if it was on PC that year) or original Xbox or something, then ok. But, if you’re talking about the first madden on 360, whoah, pump the brakes, kid. That game was the 2nd worst madden to date. The worst game being the one they didn’t release because of how bad it was. Lol. I think that was 96 or 97.

Anyways, even if you’re talking about pc or something for 08, c’mon, man. I’m not a madden homer, I loved 2k5. But, 21 really has the best gameplay I’ve ever seen from the series. The animations just continue to be fine tuned. The tackling looks the best it ever has. The overall feel of the gameplay is so much better than those games from 2000-2010.

That being said, franchise is obviously worse nowadays. But, from a strictly gameplay perspective, I don’t see how anyone could want to play 08 vs 21. To each his own, of course, but I’m finally happy about the overall gameplay in this series, lol. I hated 2000-12, liked 13 (infinity engine, the only physics based engine madden ever tried), liked 25, hated 15, then liked 16-21, overall. 16 finally felt more like 2k5. It still wasn’t as good or as realistic looking, but it finally made me forget 2k5 for the most part. 21 is a well animated totally solid sports game (gameplay wise).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2020, 11:51 PM   #68
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldrop

Quote:
I beg to differ that OS was not one of many reasons Madden is where it is today. This site and the great people that run it are powerful in the sense of being Influencers. When moderators in the past locked up threads or banned people from the site for talking to blunt about Madden they were warned to simmer down, when they wouldn't and come back with valid points to there complaints they would get banned or the thread would get locked. When you have the power to change the narrative and get people scared to say how they truly feel you'er encouraging only people that love Madden to post, and the people that are displeased with Madden are afraid to speak there mind with the fear they may get banned. Now when you breed only positive takes of a game Like Madden you're essentially breeding influencers. One influencer made on these forums breed ten influencers out in the real world when they tell people how great Madden is, which breeds 100 and so on . It's like a virus when you have the power to influence

Are you serious?

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-31-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:57 PM   #69
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Go for it. Be specific.

You’re quick to accuse OS of having a hand in where EA is today but can’t come up with an actual example of it?

I even provided an example of a thread that you started years ago that is still open which is a criticism of the game. It’s a very valid criticism.

Remember, your accusation is that we’ve closed threads that could have changed the course of where the game is today.

Share them with us all. Would love to see where we could have done better for a game we have literally no say in.
You have no say in the game but you most definitely have influence in some shape or form. I stated above the reason why I can't do that. The moderators on this forum are fair in this current age but back in the day there was someone that moderated with an iron fist.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 09-01-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:00 AM   #70
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Lol. I just have to throw in my ‘almost got banned story’ that I thought was totally ridiculous from a mod. I unfortunately can’t remember the subject matter of the thread or the back n forth I had with another member, but we were, legit, having a nice back n forth discussion over something. We were both being cordial with each other and from what I could tell, we were both enjoying the conversation. The mod chimes in and claimed i was trolling.’ I honestly didn’t understand why he thought that. The poster posted something that I found interesting, and we had a dialogue back n forth.

I DM’d the mod or he DM’d me and we had a back n forth and squashed it. What was funny to me, though, and I told this mod that technically, what he was doing was trolling. Lol. He purposely came into a conversation between 2 people and tried to end it. Now, there are many definitions of trolling, I know that’s not the exact def. But, I think it had to do with how and why he interjected himself into the convo when it was completely unnecessary.

It could’ve had to do with talking about 2k5 in the context of madden. That’s always been considered a no no on this site, and I’ve always felt that’s a strange ‘rule’ for any video game sports forum.

But, at the end of the day, I simply communicated my feelings to the mod and didn’t bother posting anymore in that thread, so it is what it is. I still say he was the troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2020, 12:01 AM   #71

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
You have no say in the game but you most definitely have influence in some shape or form. I stated above the reason why I can't do that.

No you didn’t. You already outed yourself as a PBU so you’re past that either way.

Have at it, give us a thread we closed and share how it could have made a difference in the Madden franchise.

Again, be specific.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2020, 12:05 AM   #72
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I closed a thread one time titled EA, Make Madden Better.

Sorry guys, my bad.

Last edited by PVarck31; 09-01-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »