Home

EA Targeting Madden NFL 21 Title Update #3 To Arrive on September 10 - Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on EA Targeting Madden NFL 21 Title Update #3 To Arrive on September 10 - Here Are The Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2020, 08:52 PM   #73
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Targeting Madden NFL 21 Title Update #3 To Arrive on September 10 - Here Are T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Totally respect that Cujo. I gotta take a wait and see approach on this next update.

I am being little hyperbole right now about it but that is because of all the history of patching in the Madden series. It speaks for itself.

I hope the changes are barely noticeable to “throwing out of sack” but they went out of their way to have a ton of notes on it which when you read between the lines tells me.....back to the way it was.

Lord man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Ya man I feel ya. I feel the exact way about PGA 2k21. That game is so beautifully hard that iv'e never played a golf game that replicates the frustrations of golf better....ever. I am terrified that too many people will complain and they might change it to make it easier.

The difference is that game has so many options for people to get the game to be how they want, that I don't think they will end up having to patch it to appease people who think its too hard. Now if only Madden could manage to get simulation and competion modes to be even more exclusive to each we wouldn't even have to worry about it.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #74
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Targeting Madden NFL 21 Title Update #3 To Arrive on September 10 - Here Are T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Ya man I feel ya. I feel the exact way about PGA 2k21. That game is so beautifully hard that iv'e never played a golf game that replicates the frustrations of golf better....ever. I am terrified that too many people will complain and they might change it to make it easier.

The difference is that game has so many options for people to get the game to be how they want, that I don't think they will end up having to patch it to appease people who think its too hard. Now if only Madden could manage to get simulation and competion modes to be even more exclusive to each we wouldn't even have to worry about it.
That's exactly the problem. I feel like EA went in half way with the different mode options. After modding gameplay the last few yrs there isn't much of a difference of the two modes (comp & sim) beside a handful of values that affect the dice rolls. After pulling back the grand wizards curtain or seeing how the soup is made, I was very disappointed. They need to go all in and truly make separate modes.

Playing:
Old 09-01-2020, 09:19 PM   #75
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Not DL this patch. All the notes on “throw out of sack adjustments reek of horse **** catering to online competitive players”
Maybe we're reading different patch notes, but I'm not seeing anything in here about Throw Out Of Sack going away?

I do see stuff about additional penalties if the QB is hit specifically on his throwing arm (Throw Out Of Sack would be unrealistic in the case where the passer's arm's forward motion is impeded), or the hit occurs while the QB's arm isn't moving forward specifically because the user triggered the throw too late (in which case a fumble should likely occur).

Maybe I'm wildly out of tune with things, but I don't read this as "catering to the online crowd" as much as "balancing and functionally completing the Throw Out Of Sack feature".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2020, 09:34 PM   #76
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

will the titans logo on the Texan roster screen be fixed also vikings logo on tenn roster
Old 09-01-2020, 09:38 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
That's exactly the problem. I feel like EA went in half way with the different mode options. After modding gameplay the last few yrs there isn't much of a difference of the two modes (comp & sim) beside a handful of values that affect the dice rolls. After pulling back the grand wizards curtain or seeing how the soup is made, I was very disappointed. They need to go all in and truly make separate modes.
One of the biggest areas of missed potential from this generation of Madden has to be game styles not being built upon in a meaningful way. It's really disappointing that the whole "patching/tuning different things for different game styles" initiative only lasted one year, too.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 09-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #78
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Issues I can deal with.

Already changing game mechanics that work amazingly well because your have a loud twitter rampage from Madden Championship players flipping out over a great new simulation minded feature is another.

Utter horse **** and a sham. A week into release and they are already tinkering with a wonderful gameplay mechanic that many of us have been gushing about since the trial.

What a bunch of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

How do you know is crap when you haven't played the game post patch yet? I love the game as well but I also realize that there are always improvements to be made. I can think of several including being able to throw while falling to the ground.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:43 PM   #79
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
Can't remember a game of any kind recently not having a patch at release. I swear when I used to play NBA2k every other day there was an update. Even while in game it would block the game screen saying update update. People want updates but than don't want updates lol. The hits keep on coming!

Exactly! As much as I am enjoying myself I'm not that much of a fan that I don't see the need for improvements. If the game stayed as is it would only be a matter of time before some folks would be screaming for a patch.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #80
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Maybe we're reading different patch notes, but I'm not seeing anything in here about Throw Out Of Sack going away?

I do see stuff about additional penalties if the QB is hit specifically on his throwing arm (Throw Out Of Sack would be unrealistic in the case where the passer's arm's forward motion is impeded), or the hit occurs while the QB's arm isn't moving forward specifically because the user triggered the throw too late (in which case a fumble should likely occur).

Maybe I'm wildly out of tune with things, but I don't read this as "catering to the online crowd" as much as "balancing and functionally completing the Throw Out Of Sack feature".
Because Tiburon has so often tuned things down so much with features in the past to the point of ruining them for solo Franchise players, people are always going to be extremely wary when anything get adjusted, especially if the current functionality is pretty solid for that crowd.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »