Home

Has the Madden 21 launch dampened your expectations for Next-Gen?

This is a discussion on Has the Madden 21 launch dampened your expectations for Next-Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #49
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Has the Madden 21 launch dampened your expectations for Next-Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Consider we don't even have a release date for next gen or a price. and 'supposedly' is 2 months away you might not even see madden 21 on 'next gen' which tells you good luck on even seeing any upgrade that will be any world of different. EA wouldn't be risking their time away from MUT mode to spend time on that if it won't even be released. there is a major chance we might not even see a next gen in 2020. and if we do good luck even buying a console this year.

It is the most pathetic piece of marketing from any generation of consoles I have ever seen not telling us any price or release date. people want to know about putting money aside. and during a pandemic and economic crisis things won't go well.
We don’t have a release date or price bc Sony and MS are playing chicken, neither wants to show their hand first. Madden 21 will absolutely be on next gen consoles and I’m willing to bet it will be at launch.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #50
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
We don’t have a release date or price bc Sony and MS are playing chicken, neither wants to show their hand first. Madden 21 will absolutely be on next gen consoles and I’m willing to bet it will be at launch.
There is more to it then playing chicken. 2 completely different strategies here

Sony are aiming for the games and exclusives.

Microsoft are aiming for the backwards comparability, and the fact they want all games to be able to play between consoles. without needing a upgrade.

where 2 months till November it's about damm time someone release some info and a release date people have had enough
Old 09-03-2020, 09:56 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 6

I’m going to rely on feedback from guys on here I trust before i get the new console. It took until madden 19 before Madden was any good for the current gen.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 09:59 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not really cuz my expectations were never high in the first place

After my terrible experience with EA last next gen upgrade (Madden 25) I expect Madden on PS5 to be a port with upgraded graphics

And I will not be a sucker and buy it this time
Old 09-04-2020, 10:28 AM   #53
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
There is more to it then playing chicken. 2 completely different strategies here

Sony are aiming for the games and exclusives.

Microsoft are aiming for the backwards comparability, and the fact they want all games to be able to play between consoles. without needing a upgrade.

where 2 months till November it's about damm time someone release some info and a release date people have had enough
Lol it is what it is for me, they will announce it when they announce it, I’ve been saving up for a while so I’m not really worried about price.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:10 AM   #54
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

My expectations for next-gen M21 were tempered before the current-gen launch. Naturally as a gamer I'm still curious to see how it looks and sounds in motion.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:07 AM   #55
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
The expectation is that the Impressions thread doesn't turn into an angry mob of anti-EA clowns that haven't even touched the game... Nobody is asking for a praise EA thread, but having a spot to actually talk about the game without all of this whining from people that haven't even played the game would be nice.
Or it's entirely possible that literally that many people are just fed up - we can only hope the NFL hears that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #56
Banned

Unfortunately, its expected from EA! I guess we all are hoping the Next Gen will be filled with beautiful graphics and impeccable gameplay!!! EA always over promise and under deliver!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »