Home

Skipping out on Madden 21

This is a discussion on Skipping out on Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Skipping out on Madden 21

Wanted to see how many of you are skipping out on Madden this year, I for one am sick and tired of the lack of innovation in franchise and presentation every darn year with this game, I've purchased Madden every year just because if I wanted to simulate the NFL this was it, well not this year, I'm not giving EA money for the same game with a new RPG story mode, I don't need my sports game to be an RPG, I just need a good franchise mode and good gameplay. It's a shame that a game now 16 years old NFL 2K5 had so much more in it's presentation and gameplay than a game developed 16 years later with more advanced hardware. PS Why has Microsoft never added NFL 2K5 to the backwards compatibility list??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Skipping out on Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaink
Wanted to see how many of you are skipping out on Madden this year, I for one am sick and tired of the lack of innovation in franchise and presentation every darn year with this game, I've purchased Madden every year just because if I wanted to simulate the NFL this was it, well not this year, I'm not giving EA money for the same game with a new RPG story mode, I don't need my sports game to be an RPG, I just need a good franchise mode and good gameplay. It's a shame that a game now 16 years old NFL 2K5 had so much more in it's presentation and gameplay than a game developed 16 years later with more advanced hardware. PS Why has Microsoft never added NFL 2K5 to the backwards compatibility list??
Pretty disgusted with EA that the only things they added to franchise is the Oakley visor and a few new faces despite all the feedback... They won't even bother to add other features from the Yard and FOTF to franchise. I'll wait until November to see how the PS5 version is and if EA added new features to the mode like they said they would. If not, i'll pass.

Last edited by dvdsaba; 08-22-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Yeah I’m skipping it. I’m a franchise player and there’s nothing for me in the game anymore. Madden 20 fizzled out quick so I guess I’m just done with NFL games. At least I’ve still got a working PS3 and NCAA
Old 08-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #4
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

I can't see buying it this year considering how little work has gone into franchise mode. I'm not sure I will ever buy another Madden unless there is a major change in creative direction.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm skipping it this year. I'm just going to buy PGA Tour 2k21 instead

Sent from my SM-G973U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Not a chance. This game is awesome.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:51 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Not a chance. This game is awesome.
Yep, same here.

I've been here long enough to know who are my trusted advisors and based on the results, I'll be picking it up too.

I played the beta and based on the trusted advisors, the game didn't change from the beta.

I support FM and all additions it should deserve.

#FixFranchiseMode movement needs to keep the peddle down.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #8
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

First time in 15 years I won't be buying it. They won't notice but I can't put up with the fake transparency bull crap any more.

I know I'm not the only one.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 08-22-2020 at 06:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »