Home

The Immersion Breakers thread

This is a discussion on The Immersion Breakers thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2020, 11:00 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Immersion Breakers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenopoly
And perhaps fans would get an education on how weather effects the players, game calling, etc.
It's been my experience that players who see something other than what they expect complain that it's broken, rather than question their expectations. Especially with football, where outdated or just plain incorrect conventional wisdom seems to have longer legs than in other sports.

At any rate, I can get behind an adjustable dynamic weather system...especially if the various adjustment knobs and sliders are better explained than, say, what the current Madden gameplay sliders are.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:25 PM   #50
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

The Immersion Breakers thread

The intro to games in 21, man. Seriously, they are PAINFUL to watch. First, what’s with the players on stage in front of a giant TV? Lol Does this happen in any stadiums? It might, I’ve never seen it. This feels like one of those madden things that they want their broadcast to be different. Like, what could players do in a vid game that real life wouldn’t allow for? Let’s put each player on stage in front of a big screen tv. Lol.

Then, they show cut scenes of the game in motion? Right? Like, they show the coaches being mad at a play DURING a game. I mean, is this from a prior game? Because, if it’s from the current game you’re playing, then the game hasn’t started and you wouldn’t have any footage of the coaches getting mad at anything, right? Lol.

And, let me speak directly to the epileptics out there, ‘do not watch the intro to any CFM games, u will have a seizure.’ The cuts during the intro are like half a second. I mean, seriously, it’s jarring as heck. I don’t get it. And, it’s so haphazard. It jumps from Julio in front of the big screen to Quinn being mad during a game to Matty Ice in front of the big tv, and they’re all like half a second. It’s really jarring. Not a fan of the intro this year at all. And, for all the reasons I’ve mentioned, it’s really immersion breaking right from the rip. So, that’s disappointing.

But, I’m actually enjoying this game, overall. Best madden gameplay, ever, actually.

The other little thing that gets me as others have mentioned are the cut scenes where Matt Ryan might be giving a hi five to Fowler because he just sacked someone. But, like, Fowler is still on the field because it’s only 2nd down. Lol.

And, too many wrong cut scene reactions. I just sacked the QB and Quinn is all upset about it. Lol. Or, I just scored a TD, and the opposing coach celebrates. They need to get that stuff straight. In terms of code, there has to be a simple label like, ‘good for falcons,’ ‘bad for falcons,’ etc and the game should just play a correct cutscene based on what just happened. But, I’m seeing this quite a bit in 21, already. Maybe, moreso than 20. So, that’s just odd. But yeah, immersion is broken when your coach celebrates the other team sacking your QB. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2020, 08:00 AM   #51
Rookie

Sim Stats:
  • Slot receivers like Cole Beasley leading the NFL in receiving yards.
  • Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Kyler Murray not having a ton of rushing yards.
  • Bad QB's like Mitch Trubisky throwing for 4000+ yards, 35 TD's.
[/quote]

*I'd really like to know the easiest work around for this. Is it just going through each teams Formation Subs and making sure the stud WR's are in the slot for every play. I hate to see Jamison Crowder outstat Michael Thomas every sim because Michael Thomas isn't an option to have the CPU automatically put him in the SLWR Role even though he should be. Would love some help, because it would help with sim stats and some realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #52
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

No pre-game coin flip at mid-field. This should have never been taken out of the game. It takes all of one minute...two at the most. It's a part of the game.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #53
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
It's also not binary.

I don't think Madden sucks. I do think it has a lot of opportunity to be better, including in terms of immersion. So even though I have no interest or investment in crucifying the game, I've found two things in this thread that interested me enough to poke the "reply" button.
The Madden Sim/franchise crowd is starting to look like the Karen of the sports gaming world. Complaining about every little detail and not trying to enjoy the game at all. Which is people’s right to do so but it’s getting old. No one is forcing me to click on these threads but that’s all I see and it’s taking up space from the positive threads.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #54
Rookie

uzileaux's Arena

Awkward QB throwing motions/limited selection. Out of all the complaints that people have with Madden i feel like i'm the only one that's SERIOUSLY bothered by this

Too many QBs sharing the same throwing motions. Even the the few QB's with their "signature" throwing style in the game's animations are way off, look at what they put for Mahomes, seriously awful.

Also i shouldn't see Russell Wilson throw the exact way that Jimmy G does but there's not much i can do since there's only 12 QB throwing styles to choose from and none resembles Russ
Old 09-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Redneck
The Madden Sim/franchise crowd is starting to look like the Karen of the sports gaming world. Complaining about every little detail and not trying to enjoy the game at all. Which is people’s right to do so but it’s getting old. No one is forcing me to click on these threads but that’s all I see and it’s taking up space from the positive threads.

Then Don’t click on the threads that you know will be negative. Add to the positive threads to keep them at the top, or at least on this first page. Not sure your response isn’t Karen-like in itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #56
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Then Don’t click on the threads that you know will be negative. Add to the positive threads to keep them at the top, or at least on this first page. Not sure your response isn’t Karen-like in itself.
You are right

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »