Home

The Immersion Breakers thread

This is a discussion on The Immersion Breakers thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #57
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The Immersion Breakers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Redneck
The Madden Sim/franchise crowd is starting to look like the Karen of the sports gaming world. Complaining about every little detail and not trying to enjoy the game at all. Which is people’s right to do so but it’s getting old. No one is forcing me to click on these threads but that’s all I see and it’s taking up space from the positive threads.

I agree, there are at least 6 of these threads masked by different titles. I'm not surprised that the developers stopped coming here seeing how this is allowed. Nothing constructive just the same folks repeating the same complaints in each of these threads. I can't imagine living that way day after day, year after year. I would have moved on a long time ago. I'm willing to bet that the majority of the folks who frequent the complaining threads have not played the retail version. They gather all of the goofy videos from youtube that are put out yearly by the 2k football fans and use that as a bashing tool. When you hear them say that 21 is the same as 20, then you know that they have not played either of those versions.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 09-03-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
You are right

Now of course, my message to people who are negative about the game, is to stay out of those threads to let them flourish. Plenty of room for both on OS!
Old 09-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
The Madden Sim/franchise crowd is starting to look like the Karen of the sports gaming world. Complaining about every little detail and not trying to enjoy the game at all. Which is people’s right to do so but it’s getting old. No one is forcing me to click on these threads but that’s all I see and it’s taking up space from the positive threads.
The "Karens" yikes!!

Honestly, I am the sim/franchise crowd. I've mentioned time and time again that I understand I am outside of Madden's target demographics and the day is coming soon when I am just done with it.

But for me, I always look at what people are complaining about. I'm a game play person. Back when people where complaining about one-arm sleeves and helmets, I tried to be the voice of reason by saying that when a LB runs step for step with a 99 speed WR, I am not going to be admiring the sleeve.

I know to each his own but when someone complains about their favorite team's stadium missing the game clock in the end zone, I just kind of roll my eyes. Ok... they fix the end zone. Now what? The game play still stinks.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #60
Rookie

This is a thread for discussing immersion; ways that immersion is broken and ways that the game could be more immersive. There are plenty of threads re: game play, bugs, glitches, etc. There's also plenty of threads for fawning fanboys.

Personally, after a lot of experimenting and adjusting sliders, I am thoroughly enjoying this game. But, I still recognize major flaws and many ways that the game could be improved. So, I'm an 'all of the above' sort of Madden fan; I simply want the best possible game, period. And there's no question that this game could more immersive, based on the comments being collected here.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Again, it's not binary.

Who said I wasn't enjoying the game? "Noticing things that could be better" and "enjoying the game" aren't mutually exclusive. I'm aware there are people who act like they are, but reacting to everybody as if that's what they think isn't helping.

Frankly, it's that kind of false binary....from both sides...that makes this place so toxic, especially a few weeks after release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #62
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I agree, there are at least 6 of these threads masked by different titles. I'm not surprised that the developers stopped coming here seeing how this is allowed. Nothing constructive just the same folks repeating the same complaints in each of these threads. I can't imagine living that way day after day, year after year. I would have moved on a long time ago. I'm willing to bet that the majority of the folks who frequent the complaining threads have not played the retail version. They gather all of the goofy videos from youtube that are put out yearly by the 2k football fans and use that as a bashing tool. When you hear them say that 21 is the same as 20, then you know that they have not played either of those versions.
This thread was made to sort of consolidate all the little issues in the game someone might make new threads for. It's purpose is to keep clutter down since all of these issues could and have had individual threads about them.

I also want to say I own the retail copy. I also have posted many times in the Little Things thread that's for posting positive things about the game. There's several people who have posted in both places. As long as the discussion stays civil, what's the issue?

#fixmaddenfranchise
Old 09-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #63
Rookie

It always irked me about the players not having their actual size be represented on sidelines, huddles etc. Its odd to see someone like Calais Campbell who is easily 6'8 standing next to a 5'10 DB and they are relatively the same height in the huddle before the snap. Same as the O-line huddle, Brady would be the same height as a small HB. Then on the sidelines coach Arians is giving instructions to Brady and he is the same size. Funny stuff, probably nit picking but it always hurt immersion for me.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
The "Karens" yikes!!

Honestly, I am the sim/franchise crowd. I've mentioned time and time again that I understand I am outside of Madden's target demographics and the day is coming soon when I am just done with it.

But for me, I always look at what people are complaining about. I'm a game play person. Back when people where complaining about one-arm sleeves and helmets, I tried to be the voice of reason by saying that when a LB runs step for step with a 99 speed WR, I am not going to be admiring the sleeve.

I know to each his own but when someone complains about their favorite team's stadium missing the game clock in the end zone, I just kind of roll my eyes. Ok... they fix the end zone. Now what? The game play still stinks.
Those are not mutually exclusive though? Why can't EA work on both of them at the same time? There's a reason why there's departments within the Madden employees.

I don't think I've seen anyone claim a more realistic shooter sleeve or correct endzones is more important than a gameplay aspect.

Also I'd imagine it's easier & quicker to fix an endzone than to overhaul a gameplay aspect so there's that too.

Please stop treating players that want realistic equipment like that's the only thing we care about

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »