Home

Please help/Juke

This is a discussion on Please help/Juke within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Please help/Juke

I've practiced over and over and even took it to in game but for some reason I am not having success with the juke this year. Unless i choose Barkley or McCaffrey, I cant pull off a juke to save my life. When i do have some what of success the animation plays out like a broken tackle / shoving off sequence. Any pointers please.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Please help/Juke

I don't have a lot of success with juke moves either. One situation they have worked well for me though is when running outside. The defender will seem to try to beat me to the edge to keep me from running up the sideline and I'm able to juke back inside of them. Depending on the situation there are often other defenders waiting there but the juke does work to get my past 1 defender.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #3
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU
I don't have a lot of success with juke moves either. One situation they have worked well for me though is when running outside. The defender will seem to try to beat me to the edge to keep me from running up the sideline and I'm able to juke back inside of them. Depending on the situation there are often other defenders waiting there but the juke does work to get my past 1 defender.
I don’t play other than Cpu vs Cpu and they don’t Juke much either..just sort run into the tackler and fall down..They don’t Truck either no matter their strength a small connerback will take down a big back with high truck and strength easily..

Patch dropped bout a hour ago ..and they still haven’t fixed Auto -subs ...
Back to 20...

Last edited by tuckermaine; 09-08-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #4
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

I understand EVERY juke attempt shouldnt work but when I have the perfect angle, timing ,Zeke to perform the juke in open field....it turns into a contact interaction. I wouldnt even say its nerfed. It just doesn't work.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #5
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
I understand EVERY juke attempt shouldnt work but when I have the perfect angle, timing ,Zeke to perform the juke in open field....it turns into a contact interaction. I wouldnt even say its nerfed. It just doesn't work.

I agree, I said that from the outset the running game is very odd, runners just sort of go directly into the tackler and they fall down. I’m sticking with 20 did a lot of work on it to play the way it’s playing.

Again so many things wrong out of the box...the update that dropped today didn’t fix AUTO SUBS, so I wouldn’t be able to start a franchise even if I wanted to.

Buy the time they get around to “beginning “ to fix Franchise it will be three months or so...I’ll just wait and see if the PS5 and next Gen will offer a football game.

Last edited by tuckermaine; 09-08-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 10:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Make sure you're using the left stick to change directions when juking. Say you're running to the left towards the sidelines with the safety coming down from the inside. If you just hit the right stick to juke inside but keep the left stick pressed in the same direction as it was before you juked you'll get more a shuffle then a hard cut. And at best you'll get a broken tackle animation. But if you juke and change direction with the left stick you'll have more success. All the talk this year seems to be about the right stick moves, but I think mastering the left stick is much more important. In years past making open field moves was just about timing with the right stick but this year you've gotta get both sticks working together to really make the most of them.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #7
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

Lionsfan....i will buy you a beer if this ends up being true. Ive never used the left stick for jukes. Ive done the Left/Right fake but I will try when I get home from work. Thanks.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
Lionsfan....i will buy you a beer if this ends up being true. Ive never used the left stick for jukes. Ive done the Left/Right fake but I will try when I get home from work. Thanks.

You have to use it in tandem with the juke performed with the right stick. I've had the most luck doing a double juke by using the right stick to juke to the outside and then changing direction immediately with the left stick to the inside. If you try and double juke with the right stick you'll just kinda shuffle your feet back and forth without really every changing direction. Being able to control the left stick instead of just jamming it as far as you can in different directions is more important this year than ever. Just remember that the right stick controls the moves but the left stick is what ultimately controls the direction you move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »