Home

Colin Kaepernick Added to Madden NFL 21 - Overall Rating 81, Free Nike Kaepernick Icon Jersey 2.0 Available in The Yard

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Added to Madden NFL 21 - Overall Rating 81, Free Nike Kaepernick Icon Jersey 2.0 Available in The Yard within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #73
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Colin Kaepernick Added to Madden NFL 21 - Overall Rating 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Fair enough...at the same time, this man represents a movement of people who have the loudest voices in our country right now. They are young and come from all different ethnicities and they look at Kap as a hero...some even as a martyr. Not saying you are wrong...but my question is why would EA exploit this at a time where they are receiving some of the worst pub I can remember? That's just me tho.
I think this has the potential to be so divisive, EA wouldn't do this on their own.

I'm more apt to believe that this is a League survey, they don't have to be 'officially' associated with, to gauge where a portion of their fanbase stands.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #74
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

This will be a no go for me.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #75
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Fair enough...at the same time, this man represents a movement of people who have the loudest voices in our country right now. They are young and come from all different ethnicities and they look at Kap as a hero...some even as a martyr. Not saying you are wrong...but my question is why would EA exploit this at a time where they are receiving some of the worst pub I can remember? That's just me tho.
Calling kaepernick a martyr is very generous. The very definition of martyr is someone who “suffered or endured great hardship because of their beliefs”. It is generally accepted that kaepernick has made more money for his activism since he has been out of football. Nike wasn’t throwing a 100 million dollar shoe deal at him while he was playing. I truly believe kaepernick had no interest in playing football anymore. You could see his disinterest in that last year with the 49ers. But to call him a martyr i
I just don’t agree with. A hero to some sure. A revolutionary. Sure. Martyr, no.

A mod in this thread made a food point. It is very possible that if kaepernick stats rendered him unusable in the game it probably would not have garnered any interest whatsoever. I think this is the most likely explanation. I am willing to accept this and move on from this thread, as I really think this thread is going to lead to some bans. I love OS and don’t want to lose my ability to discuss the games I love.

Kaepernick will be edited to a zero overall punter, where he will languish on the free agent list until he unceremoniously retires. Much like he is now. Not because I have any issue with him or his beliefs, because I don’t. But because I will not have my intelligence insulted

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 09-08-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #76
Pro

sinthros's Arena

No issue with him existing in the game but anyone who takes two seconds to think knows the 81 is obviously a joke lol
Old 09-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #77
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Colin Kaepernick Added to Madden NFL 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Read a report he was rated an 81 and ranked in the top 15 of all QB's, amazing they came to that conclusion with him having not played in years and not exactly setting the world on fire the last time he did play.

EDIT - He was rated a 74 last time he was in Madden so I guess he got better while not playing.

Yeah.... dude is a mid-tier starting QB rated player while getting older, being dormant, and having a ton of teams pass on him after seeing him work out. It is the dumbest thing ever. T4 spelled this out perfectly here: https://twitter.com/T4Verts/status/1303389162607968256

EA has gotten so much hate that they're desperate for PR wins. Between the bogus "COVID made it too tough for us to produce a quality game" article last week and now this it's just a joke.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #78
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
No issue with him existing in the game but anyone who takes two seconds to think knows the 81 is obviously a joke lol
Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers made him look like a 99....
Old 09-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #79
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
A good point. This is a cheap pop that will win over some folks, further alienate others. This definitely will create a debate that is further away from how poor their title is this year.

Well said. I've enjoyed the game but this garbage political statement makes me want to get a refund. They don't care about making a great game. They care about money and they care about their PR image. It's shameful.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #80
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Well said. I've enjoyed the game but this garbage political statement makes me want to get a refund. They don't care about making a great game. They care about money and they care about their PR image. It's shameful.
This is one of the most impressive leaps I've seen someone take to push their agenda to dunk on EA and Madden in recent memory. Bravo.

There are plenty of other threads to talk about your general grievances about EA and Madden in, let's keep this one on-topic, mmkay?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »