Home

Colin Kaepernick Added to Madden NFL 21 - Overall Rating 81, Free Nike Kaepernick Icon Jersey 2.0 Available in The Yard

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Added to Madden NFL 21 - Overall Rating 81, Free Nike Kaepernick Icon Jersey 2.0 Available in The Yard within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Colin Kaepernick Added to Madden NFL 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
I hate virtue signalling.
We're not going down this road.

There's a lot around Colin Kaepernick that one might discuss, and I acknowledge that it's probably impossible to bring his name up without bringing politics into the conversation somewhat.

With that allowed, let's please keep that discussion focused on Colin Kaepernick, the Madden video game, and the NFL as opposed to general commentary on political and social discourse agnostic of Kaepernick's presence in the game.

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:46 PM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
and yet Clowney, and Streveler, and many others aren't in the game. Actual NFL players.
Why Clowney wasn't in the game at launch is right there in the post you quoted.

Undrafted rookie free agents never get into the game until they make a roster, EA doesn't have the rights to use those guys until they make the team either. Any UDFAs who do appear on the stock roster have signed agreements with EA prior to the game's release (this is something I've actually talked to Swami about on Twitter, I was curious about whether and when a handful of rookie UDFAs from Virginia would appear in Madden 20).
Old 09-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #19
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
... yea that rating is such a PR stunt
The PR team has been working overtime hoping the #'s will go away. If only they could find a way...I can just see them.. I know future franchise blog...quick free game codes...I got it add Kap back!

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 09-08-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #20
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
We're not going down this road.

There's a lot around Colin Kaepernick that one might discuss, and I acknowledge that it's probably impossible to bring his name up without bringing politics into the conversation somewhat.

With that allowed, let's please keep that discussion focused on Colin Kaepernick, the Madden video game, and the NFL as opposed to general commentary on political and social discourse agnostic of Kaepernick's presence in the game.

Thanks.
Ok how about this. He’s not in the NFL, and when he was in the NFL he was a garbage QB who had a couple good seasons tops. Now he’s rated 81 which puts him ABOVE Derek Carr. I’m not allowed to call that out as dumb virtue signalling? Serious question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Why Clowney wasn't in the game at launch is right there in the post you quoted.

Undrafted rookie free agents never get into the game until they make a roster, EA doesn't have the rights to use those guys until they make the team either. Any UDFAs who do appear on the stock roster have signed agreements with EA prior to the game's release (this is something I've actually talked to Swami about on Twitter, I was curious about whether and when a handful of rookie UDFAs from Virginia would appear in Madden 20).
I’m WELL aware that he wasn’t on a team and couldn’t be in the game before. But he’s been with the Titans for a couple days now, and we have Colin Kaepernick in the god damn game before an actual NFL player. Streveler signed with the Cardinals I think before Clowney did.
There’s no real justification for this other than it’s EA virtue signalling. Go ahead and censor me if you want.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:53 PM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Re: Colin Kaepernick Added to Madden NFL 21 - Overall Rating 81

If Colin Kaepernick is available in the game right now, I'm curious to know if he has any Superstar abilities / what is his Franchise dev trait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 01:54 PM   #22
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

We all know what they are doing at this point.

Between flooding the market with free game codes, and now this. They are trying to save face as much as possible now on a poorly rated title.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #23
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Frig. Went to sign him but the error message "League Commissioner is blocking you from signing this player" came up.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
I’m not allowed to call that out as dumb virtue signalling? Serious question.
Operation Sports has a very long-standing and well-established policy against political discussion. We necessarily must relax that rule here a little to discuss Colin Kaepernick at all.

What we won't do is use politically charged language such as "virtue signaling" because it is politically charged beyond just talking about Colin Kaepernick. Many people incorrectly use the phrase as a sledgehammer to dismiss opinions cut from a certain cloth which they don't agree with, so I am slamming that particular door shut repeatedly here.

It is entirely possible to discuss whether you agree with Kaepernick's player rating without using that loaded phrase. So don't.

That's the end of this discussion and I'll be handing out warnings and infractions from here out out in this thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »