Home

Old 09-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #1
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Game Speed

There is no Game Speed setting anywhere this year?

I'm happy with the speed of the game and enjoying this years edition of Madden more than I have enjoyed this game in many years....but I really wish they included the Game Speed setting.

I remember it went something like - Normal Speed was the default and then you could choose one of SLOWEST, SLOW, FAST, FASTEST to find a speed that you like best. I always found that SLOW or SLOWEST would slow things down just enough bring out some better flowing animations and allow you just that fraction of time to make better reads when hitting a hole with your RB or read the coverage better with your QB

I'd really like to see them have the game speed adjustable with a 0-100 slider that default would be set in the middle to 50 and allow you to really get granular with finding a game speed that works best for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 11:40 PM   #2
Undisputed

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Game Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
There is no Game Speed setting anywhere this year?

I'm happy with the speed of the game and enjoying this years edition of Madden more than I have enjoyed this game in many years....but I really wish they included the Game Speed setting.

I remember it went something like - Normal Speed was the default and then you could choose one of SLOWEST, SLOW, FAST, FASTEST to find a speed that you like best. I always found that SLOW or SLOWEST would slow things down just enough bring out some better flowing animations and allow you just that fraction of time to make better reads when hitting a hole with your RB or read the coverage better with your QB

I'd really like to see them have the game speed adjustable with a 0-100 slider that default would be set in the middle to 50 and allow you to really get granular with finding a game speed that works best for you.
They removed it in Madden 20 as well, very disappointing.
We Happy Few (PS5)
Old 09-09-2020, 11:47 PM   #3
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
They removed it in Madden 20 as well, very disappointing.
Yeah....Like I said, I'm happy with this years game and loving it.....but man I would love it even more if I could just make some subtle adjustments to the speed of the game.

It's such a simple slider/setting that I can't understand why they would remove it and it's something that I think is vital to have included for people who tweak the sliders. The frantic pace of plays and quick decision making isn't for everyone and some players need the ability to slow the game just a tick, while some people want it to be even quicker
Old 09-10-2020, 12:07 AM   #4
Undisputed

Milticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Yeah....Like I said, I'm happy with this years game and loving it.....but man I would love it even more if I could just make some subtle adjustments to the speed of the game.

It's such a simple slider/setting that I can't understand why they would remove it and it's something that I think is vital to have included for people who tweak the sliders. The frantic pace of plays and quick decision making isn't for everyone and some players need the ability to slow the game just a tick, while some people want it to be even quicker
Yeah, they said they apparently couldn't get the animations to work correctly. To me that's basically saying we won't try & fix it, just make everyone play on one speed instead (that's easier). One reason why I always liked NBA2k, they had a game speed slider & player speed slider. I could get amazing footwork & feeling of player weight with tweaking this two sliders. I even think 2K took out the player speed slider now.
We Happy Few (PS5)
Old 09-10-2020, 12:58 AM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

I was upset they took game speed out of madden last year and this year, it helped me so much. At times I feel like the game speed is too fast on madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

It sucks that they took out another customizable setting for single player experiences.

If they end up also removing the speed parity slider in any future interactions, I think I'll be done with this game.

I've enjoyed playing with the speed parity slider on 100 the past few years, to improve coverage, limit big plays, and have the other ratings stand out more rather than just speed being the deciding factor in everything.

It calls for longer drives to be established, while also still having the ability to have big plays break out here and there.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:05 PM   #7
Undisputed

Milticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
It sucks that they took out another customizable setting for single player experiences.

If they end up also removing the speed parity slider in any future interactions, I think I'll be done with this game.

I've enjoyed playing with the speed parity slider on 100 the past few years, to improve coverage, limit big plays, and have the other ratings stand out more rather than just speed being the deciding factor in everything.

It calls for longer drives to be established, while also still having the ability to have big plays break out here and there.
Oh man don't even say that lol. I'm jealous of other sports games when it comes to customizations & gameplay sliders. Basically everything at your fingertips. I'm not interested in the NBA or MLB anymore as I've gotten older, so I don't play those games either anymore.
We Happy Few (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »