Home

Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2020, 11:18 AM   #25
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
To be fair, he hasn't proven anything... yet. Before he did what he did against the Colts, everyone ignored his stats last season with the media driven narrative of "Tank for Trevor." He should get a boost for the week 2 rosters and as long as he keeps surprising the league with his performances, that 70 OVR will become a distant memory.

It's still a joke. Minshew actually has success in the league in the last 4 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2020, 11:17 PM   #26
Rookie

Omerta's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
If you use the Week 1 live start, teams have their practice squad players, draft picks are correct, etc.. If you just use the updated rosters to start a new CFM in preseason, you don't have that stuff.

I’ve yet to purchase game. Past 3 years I wait until mid October (so most bugs are addressed).

What is ‘live start’.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

PS4

XBox1

Madden 18, FIFA 18, NBA 2k19, SW Battlefront II, Forza 7
Old 09-16-2020, 06:44 AM   #27
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I think that's a little unfair on @equipment_guru and his team , it's fairly transparent that this was a move imposed on him by marketing or the powers that be generally, its even stated in the release that his apportioned ratings are editable , preempting any backlash .

In general these ratings will always be , even when data driven as much as possible , highly subjective anyway with no two individuals ever likely to produce common results.

Also one needs to remember these rating updates generated by EA must serve multiple purposes ( play now , H2H and CFM ) unlike those produced by community uploaders whose rosters are aimed at specific audiences
what data supports the cowboys and their players being at the top of the NFL?
Old 09-16-2020, 07:58 AM   #28
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
what data supports the cowboys and their players being at the top of the NFL?

I'm pretty sure any discussion
of NFL teams would have the Cowboys at or near the top Talent of roster wise .

As I said in my post though , no matter how data driven , any attempt at rating individual players will always be highly subjective.

Im sure if 100 respected community members or NFL analysts each produced their own Madden rosters you would get 100 different results , so arguing over a few OVR points here or there is largely pointless

The Kaepernick thing is different however , it's clearly a marketing move , much like giving Brees a 99 OVR for a week a while ago when he broke a passing record, nobody is disputing this , even EA, and this needs to be accepted for what it is

Last edited by briz1046; 09-16-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #29
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omerta
I’ve yet to purchase game. Past 3 years I wait until mid October (so most bugs are addressed).

What is ‘live start’.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Live start has the rosters set as they are for that week for each team, which includes practice squad players, injuries and ratings changes.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #30
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

These ratings are crap. Clearly (QB for my home team) is better than this, he had a solid season when (random cherry-picked stat) and obviously (bad player no longer on the team) was running the wrong routes.

IMO, the entire (my home town team) is rated too low and should be at least 10 points higher across the board. And I should know because I (random thing I did in my past) which is really similar to football so I have an eye for these things.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #31
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
These ratings are crap. Clearly (QB for my home team) is better than this, he had a solid season when (random cherry-picked stat) and obviously (bad player no longer on the team) was running the wrong routes.

IMO, the entire (my home town team) is rated too low and should be at least 10 points higher across the board. And I should know because I (random thing I did in my past) which is really similar to football so I have an eye for these things.

I get the sentiment in a general sense, but the issue here is that a dude who hasn't played football in years is rated higher than the reigning ROY who just beat the defending NFC champs. He is also rated higher than other QBs who have actual success in the league in the last 4+ years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #32
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I get the sentiment in a general sense, but the issue here is that a dude who hasn't played football in years is rated higher than the reigning ROY who just beat the defending NFC champs. He is also rated higher than other QBs who have actual success in the league in the last 4+ years.
Is this really any more of an issue than Rawson Thurber being in the game ? Or in years past some random guy who won a charity "raffle" ? Its a transparent marketing move which can easily be edited to suite whatever your / our / my version of realism happens to be

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »