Home

Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #33
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Is this really any more of an issue than Rawson Thurber being in the game ? Or in years past some random guy who won a charity "raffle" ? Its a transparent marketing move which can easily be edited to suite whatever your / our / my version of realism happens to be

I wasn't aware of any of those things happening, but if they have then no this isn't any more of an issue than those. It's the same. All of that nonsense destroys the credibility of the ratings. If they're going to have scaled back ratings (which is good) then it should be implemented for real players and for PR stunts.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:56 AM   #34
MVP

When have the stock roster ratings ever had any credibility? Popular players, big market franchises, and high profile rookies have had juiced ratings as far back as I can remember. Up until M20, specifically, almost every starting QB in the game had enough THP to dot deep outs to the wide side of the field. In last year's game the athleticism ratings for the entire HB pool were off the charts, and that hasn't changed in M21. Elite pass rushers usually have enough SPD to successfully cover much further down the field than is either realistic or good for the game. It goes on and on.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #35
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I wasn't aware of any of those things happening, but if they have then no this isn't any more of an issue than those. It's the same. All of that nonsense destroys the credibility of the ratings. If they're going to have scaled back ratings (which is good) then it should be implemented for real players and for PR stunts.
So a roster of nearly 3,000 players each with 50 + individual attributes / traits becomes totally meaningless because less than 0.1 % of that work is overriden by some suit from marketing.

The ratings are and always have been a major part of Maddens marketing arsenal , from how they promote the release to weekly debates over their validity. Does this mean Marketing influences each rating ? Of course not

Outside of possibly the 99 club nonsense I very much doubt marketing cares at all how the ratings team rates any individual player ( excluding Kaepernick ) . They don't have to . They know they will always cause debate and generate ' noise ' which is all they need . There will always be dissenters , homers and alternative opinions, some valid , some less so etc which keeps the game on peoples lips .

Its not as if Madden ratings are a definitive guide to the NFL , its the informed opinion of one group of people , albeit a group with privileged access to both game mechanics and real life data , and should be treated as such .

Each year the NFL itself and sites such as PFF produce top 100 lists , which are then ripped to shreds by people , there's no reason EAs opinions should be treated any differently

Last edited by briz1046; 09-16-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #36
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Idc how or why the change but FAs dont disappear in Franchise this year!!!

I couldnt believe it when I saw Earl Thomas, Kaepernick, Clay Matthews, all older guys still in the FA pool.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:25 PM   #37
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Idc how or why the change but FAs dont disappear in Franchise this year!!!

I couldnt believe it when I saw Earl Thomas, Kaepernick, Clay Matthews, all older guys still in the FA pool.

There are hard limits on FA numbers who remain at each position ( applied at week 1 of the regular season )
During the preseason these dont apply .

The number crunch usually affects WR , RB and CB hardest as these positions carry the highest volume of players .

As long as the number of FAs is below the maximum retained ( 30 FS for example) the game will retain all players regardless of age .

Pretty sure nothing has actually changed except there are less high profile players at WR etc that are being deleted
Old 09-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #38
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Is this really any more of an issue than Rawson Thurber being in the game ? Or in years past some random guy who won a charity "raffle" ? Its a transparent marketing move which can easily be edited to suite whatever your / our / my version of realism happens to be
I think it's strange to add Kaep to the actual franchise roster when they have MUT and KO specifically to include historic players or non-athletes. A Super Bowl era MUT card seems perfect.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:49 PM   #39
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I think it's strange to add Kaep to the actual franchise roster when they have MUT and KO specifically to include historic players or non-athletes. A Super Bowl era MUT card seems perfect.

That would actually be appropriate and they could rate that card in the 90's for good reason. Pretending like the dude is a stud in CFM/Play Now/Online H2H 4 years after he washed out of the league is a joke.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #40
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
There are hard limits on FA numbers who remain at each position ( applied at week 1 of the regular season )
During the preseason these dont apply .

The number crunch usually affects WR , RB and CB hardest as these positions carry the highest volume of players .

As long as the number of FAs is below the maximum retained ( 30 FS for example) the game will retain all players regardless of age .

Pretty sure nothing has actually changed except there are less high profile players at WR etc that are being deleted
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I was at Week 1 when I went thru the FA pool... I'll have to look again when I start my actual CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »