Home

Heavy Man Scheme

This is a discussion on Heavy Man Scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Heavy Man Scheme

I’m trying to experiment basing out of Cover 1.. maybe with a little 3 here and there single high look but I have concerns.

1. I would like to keep my ball hawk safety single high. So if I turn auto flip off... can I still be fundamentally sound?

2. Matchups. I noticed that when you play man, even if you base align... it is still Situations where Lbs/S are assigned in coverage be a RB or TE on the other side of the field... how can I combat this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Re: Heavy Man Scheme

1. No. But maybe someone else can explain how to mitigate. Better to just gear toward more interchangeable safeties and leave auto flip on.

2. Base Align is not a football thing. It's 100% only a Madden video game thing. Run default or man align.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-24-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

The 46 defense will align the way your asking. You can also use a speed package to get nickel personnel in the 46 normal. This system is primarily MOFC focusing on man and cover 3 concepts.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:48 AM   #4
MVP

Any asymmetrical defensive formations on Madden basically don't work the way that they should because of the way that Madden treats positions. Or rather, they only work when the strong side of the field is on the offence's right.

I've explored ways around this but haven't really been able to find any. I tried for a while to set up a 4-3 Under scheme, but couldn't find a way to always have the nose tackle align over the centre, and for the weak side linebacker to be my primary pass rusher. It's very frustrating.

You'll basically either need to run your scheme and accept that your players will be out of position sometimes, or choose a different scheme that is symmetrical. I like to run 4-3 and play lots of Cover 2/Cover 4 just so my players can be in position however the offence aligns. I wish it was different though.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Any asymmetrical defensive formations on Madden basically don't work the way that they should because of the way that Madden treats positions. Or rather, they only work when the strong side of the field is on the offence's right.

I've explored ways around this but haven't really been able to find any. I tried for a while to set up a 4-3 Under scheme, but couldn't find a way to always have the nose tackle align over the centre, and for the weak side linebacker to be my primary pass rusher. It's very frustrating.

You'll basically either need to run your scheme and accept that your players will be out of position sometimes, or choose a different scheme that is symmetrical. I like to run 4-3 and play lots of Cover 2/Cover 4 just so my players can be in position however the offence aligns. I wish it was different though.

If you use 34 predator, the ROLB Will act as LEO, and LOLB with align strong side and auto flip due to strength..and the DT should always be off set to C..the issue is, the strong side 5 tech and 3 tech will not auto flip. 34/over ED will also have ROLB and LE auto flip

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2020, 12:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Your defense will align differently based on your scheme??? That's not right is it?
Old 09-25-2020, 12:21 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Captures
The 46 defense will align the way your asking. You can also use a speed package to get nickel personnel in the 46 normal. This system is primarily MOFC focusing on man and cover 3 concepts.

Interesting. I didn’t think about this. That means that the SS will always stay in the box right?

Old 09-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
Interesting. I didn’t think about this. That means that the SS will always stay in the box right?

Yes and FS will always play up top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »