Home

A downloadable customized stadium sounds feature (similar to MLB The Show)

This is a discussion on A downloadable customized stadium sounds feature (similar to MLB The Show) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
A downloadable customized stadium sounds feature (similar to MLB The Show)

This is a feature where you could download clips of songs such as “Crazy Train”, “Welcome to the Jungle”, or any genre of music you want and assign it to play during timeouts, between quarters, or on third down to get the crowd and defense hyped up. If there’s a song well known for being played at a particular stadium, make it possible to assign it to them.

Besides music, what other sounds in the stadium do you notice are missing that could be fixed by this feature?

The Madden developers would be smart to add a feature like this in my opinion and also spend some money and bring in several coaches to sit down and help the programmers with the CPU’s AI. Bring the brightest and best, those in the middle of the road, and those who may be new and not the best. Make the computer controlled teams such as the Chiefs, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Seahawks, etc very smart and difficult to match wits with when it comes to play calling and game management. Make the lesser CPU-controlled teams and coaches a little easier to play chess against. Have these AI attributes fluctuate for the better and worse for every coach and coordinator with experience points based on wins and losses. The more they win, the better and smarter they become and the harder they become to beat.

This all may be something only the next generation consoles could handle, but it would go a long way in improving the product in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2020, 10:14 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: A downloadable customized stadium sounds feature (similar to MLB The Show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
This is a feature where you could download clips of songs such as “Crazy Train”, “Welcome to the Jungle”, or any genre of music you want and assign it to play during timeouts, between quarters, or on third down to get the crowd and defense hyped up. If there’s a song well known for being played at a particular stadium, make it possible to assign it to them.

Besides music, what other sounds in the stadium do you notice are missing that could be fixed by this feature?

The Madden developers would be smart to add a feature like this in my opinion and also spend some money and bring in several coaches to sit down and help the programmers with the CPU’s AI. Bring the brightest and best, those in the middle of the road, and those who may be new and not the best. Make the computer controlled teams such as the Chiefs, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Seahawks, etc very smart and difficult to match wits with when it comes to play calling and game management. Make the lesser CPU-controlled teams and coaches a little easier to play chess against. Have these AI attributes fluctuate for the better and worse for every coach and coordinator with experience points based on wins and losses. The more they win, the better and smarter they become and the harder they become to beat.

This all may be something only the next generation consoles could handle, but it would go a long way in improving the product in my opinion.

The original Xbox had this on NFL 2K5. You ripped music to your hard drive, then selected where to play it in game and you could select start and end points.

I seem to recall EA doing this with a hockey game on 360/PS3 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 09-11-2020, 11:18 PM   #3
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

EA themselves had this in the Ncaa football series. Somewhere on an old HD I have a full sound pack that I downloaded from someone in this very site.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:02 AM   #4
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life

you are absolutely right.....if they could also add the VIP feature that 2k5 had as well. that feature was years ahead of it's time. just think, playing against a friend's AI (when they are not available to play online) and also playing against the top player's AI. and if you could download them too. that would be amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »