Home

Pressing down for bull rush causes linebackers to blitz

This is a discussion on Pressing down for bull rush causes linebackers to blitz within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2020, 07:15 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pressing down for bull rush causes linebackers to blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunupe1911
There's a huge bug on Madden 21 for PC that causes your linebacker to blitz the QB while in coverage just because you press down on the RS for a bull rush. It will even do it if you slightly flick the RS at a downward angle for a right/left swim move. This is so annoying because it will leave a wide open RB that your MLB should have had man to man in coverage. This happens regardless of the coverage I'm running. It even happens if a MLB is 6 yard drifting into middle of the field in Cover 2. Such a stupid bug.

Same problem occurred some in 20

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2020, 11:13 PM   #10
Rookie

Man, this explains alot. I was losing my marbles going "WHY ARE THEY OPEN OVER THE MIDDLE, WHERE ARE MY LINEBACKERS".
Old 09-20-2020, 09:41 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhittable
Man, this explains alot. I was losing my marbles going "WHY ARE THEY OPEN OVER THE MIDDLE, WHERE ARE MY LINEBACKERS".

Sad thing this is another glitch that was in Madden 20 as well! This is a game changer in the wrong direction!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2020, 08:18 AM   #12
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

It's either overly sensitive to R3 being pressed when doing pass rush moves, or some other movement whilst performing pass rush moves triggers it. I don't think I'm triggering R3 when performing pass rush moves, but could be.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:20 PM   #13
Banned

I bull rush a lot and not once have I had this problem.. like someone said, maybe its one of those weird glitches that only effects certain people? Who knows..

Old 09-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon10
I helped someone else with this. The problem is that you're likely clicking the RS down (as in towards the floor, not just in the down direction for a bull rush) as you pass rush. My friend remapped the function of clicking RS somehow, and the problem disappeared. I think you're just heavy on the stick without realizing it.
Yeah but the bull rush is pressing straight down. Pressing slightly to the left or right trigger a swim move. This glitch is just stupid.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #15
Rookie

I'm seeing this on Xbox One as well. I am not clicking down on the RS, i am merely pushing down on it for the bullrush. Down on the D Pad is making LBs rush the qb or ball carrier and leave coverage assignments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2020, 05:48 AM   #16
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
Nope I thought I was clicking down on the R3, been doin my best to pay attention to the R3 & it’s still happening. R3 triggers the glitch even if u don’t click it
I started a thread about this around launch.

I know I wasn't pushing it in enough as other games like GTA triggers the rear camera, I could go buck wild with the stick and it wouldn't trigger the camera at all. But constantly did it when using the stick in madden.

launched origin via steam and remapped the R3 button on PC using steams controller settings, changed right stick down(R3) to select and it never happened again. I don't know how but it's using some kind of sensitivity which I didn't believe the button had. If it was the button going wonky it would have triggered the button in my other games

Last edited by Maxil; 10-10-2020 at 05:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »