Home

Please Help! Constant error message during draft

This is a discussion on Please Help! Constant error message during draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please Help! Constant error message during draft

Please help! I'm in a two player online CFM on PS4.

I have the sixth pick in the draft, everything has worked fine so far. When I go to Make Selection, game shows an error message. I report the error and it restarts the game. Come back to the same screen, only to have it happen again. I can do everything else with my team but make this selection. Restarted the entire system, nothing works. My buddy signed in as me and he gets the same message there.
Strange thing I noticed as well... just prior to the draft I moved Matt Peart from RT to RG. Whenever I restart due to this error, when I come up to the Franchise selection screen, inside the box for this franchise it shows "RG- Matthew Peart" in the space where it usually shows my Head Coach's name. I tried moving Peart back to RT but that doesn't help me get back into the draft.
Please help with any workaround suggestions, as we have put in a lot of time and effort into this franchise. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Re: Please Help! Constant error message during draft

There was a bug a few years ago during the first year of custom draft classes that caused the game to error out in 2023.

I know that has been fixed and was back in 19.

I would not be surprised if custom draft classes are potentially bugged again.

The bug in 19 could only be fixed by starting over and not using a custom class or editing the game generated class in any way. Or waiting for the bug to be squished.

Now I am not sure if this is a coincidence or not but I have not touched a custom class nor edit one of the game generated ones since 2019 and have never had an error.

I am sure there is someone out there who uses custom classes that hasn't had an issue.

As great as a select few potentially are, they are not really worth using in my opinion.

I hope someone has more insight so you don't have to start over.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Thank you for your quick reply. We are using the game-generated draft classes, and not editing anything.

Another funny thing is that I'm able to do trades and such, I tried to trade down from 1-6 to 1-7, the Chargers, just to see if we can get past this. The Chargers wouldn't accept the trade, even if I throw in a couple of 65-70 OV players at their positions of high need.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

This happened to me earlier today. It was with custom rosters in the first draft. Gameplay is amazing this year in play now, but the game’s basic functionality ruins it for cfm. Crazy how broken the most basic things are this year, but the on the field action, from my view, is the best it’s ever been.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-13-2020, 06:21 PM   #5
Rookie

tommycoa,

were you able to figure out a workaround to get past this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2020, 07:05 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden09operationFan
tommycoa,

were you able to figure out a workaround to get past this?
I tried it 3 times and it failed everytime. Didn’t matter if the game was connected to internet or not.

There’s another game crasher when you slow sim in cfm. Where the computer plays itself. If offline, it won’t crash; if online, it crashes. This is a bit different.

I had to sim to the end of the draft. Kind of scared to continue with this cfm. Not sure if it causes more errors down the road. At this point, i don’t want to be the first to discover it.

Let me know if you find something or figure it out.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-13-2020, 11:15 PM   #7
Rookie

We finally were able to get through it. No matter what I did, I couldn't trade down from 1-6 to 1-7, but I did get a bite on trading to 1-8 (although I had to give up MORE picks just to trade down, but just happy it worked). After my trade, we simmed the draft to my 1-8, and were relieved to see that it worked fine from there. I was actually able to draft the same player I targeted at 1-6.
I know what you're saying though, it's going to be difficult to trust this now. Unbelievable that this is happening.
Anyway, thanks for your help, and I wish you all the best in your franchises. It really is a great game at its core.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Just to update, this has happened AGAIN in our very next draft. Both times now it has happened when it's time for MY first-round pick. This time, my friend suggested we trade our 1st round picks between us, just to see it that would work. Sure enough, IT DID!!! He would have been able to make that selection with no error message. So we traded our picks back to each other and proceeded. I then had no issue with my restored first-round pick, and there were no further issues during the draft. Strange issue, but just want to let you know about this work-around!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »