Home

Madden 21 Face of the Franchise Review - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Face of the Franchise Review - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 21 Face of the Franchise Review - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

When I first heard that EA was going to re-implement a single-player RPG-style game mode a...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 21 Face of the Franchise Review - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Completely agree. The story is awful and not really engaging. Playing high school and college on rookie difficulty doesn't make any sense at all. The story which is supposed to be branching and shaped by your decisions is surprisingly linear.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2020, 08:32 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2
I know everybody likes different things, but I have never understood the appeal of these modes. Just watch a crappy C version straight to DVD movie instead.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #4
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

Honestly, I’m enjoying it. The story is truly laughable but I like I can jump on for an hour, super sim defense and run through a game or two and be halfway through a season. Playing 2-4 games a season has been fun for me. There could be tremendous improvements though.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #5
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

The author of the write up was extremely generous.

While most of the parts I agreed on him with the section he labels as "The good" really are laughable.

I think it just a very poor job. There couldn't have been panel reviewing or QA

The glitches/hangs in cutscenses, to the horrifically terrible story line, & finally to scenarios that really don't make sense nor do they create a truly long-lasting immersive experience. Its a let down and slap in fast when looking at the progress of other sports title RpG's

The gameplay results don't effect story scripts that in itself already is a complete immersion killer.

Seen a video where a guy had his team at 14 wins and they had a "win & your in" scenario he lost and his team missed the playoffs at 14-2...

Agree also with the CAP editor. I have a major gripe with no long hair features on create a player when 35-40% of the league has hair outside of the helmet and most presumably dreadlocks like myself.

And when looking at all the years of Longshot and FoF all its elements 3-4 years they really haven't met any standard expectations. But if they were all added together which out some features being alienated.. then possibly we would of had a decent game.

Plus

Add those elements into franchise would have made the mode a trillion times deeper and gave it a solid foundation goin into new gen.

Things like
: Draft day presentation
: a playable combine (as a player) watchable as a coach
: film study for preseason and training camp
: NfL awards skill comp (air force base passing game in NFL environment)

:college and high school back stories for prospects combo cutscenes & scenario engine

: Locker room talks for wins& losses or player turmoils or pep talks (scenario engine tie ins)

Just how the outcome options for your paths in FoF they should have the same thing for actual contract negotiations (Up - offer/ask for more money, (left - want/willing to counter) Right - stand ground on offer)
Down - accept contract

But EA literally makes the thinnest least involved game possible while abandoning as many concepts that they can while monetizing the license.

We are way way to lenient on a company that has been making the same simulation game for 25 years+

They absolutely do the bare minimum and its been 15 years since we even got a complete on par with the market sport sim from them.

:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

Last edited by King Gro23; 09-18-2020 at 01:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

OVR: 0

FOTF is broken in my game

The skip cutscene button disappears often and i'm stuck on one game because it won't let me SIM because it's missing from the playbook UI
Old 09-17-2020, 10:10 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I didn't play Madden 21(waiting until next gen) but I watched a lot of videos since I assumed next gen version would be the same. As someone who likes career modes, the approach Madden has taken since Madden 18 isn't the way to go. The interactive movie approach isn't something people want. It's trying to take a similar approach to 2k. But the storyline in MyCareer isn't what makes the mode popular. It's the online aspect of the mode that makes it popular. Since 2k18, the primary story mainly just lasts until the player gets to the NBA. They don't have to take the predictable cliche story. I still feel if they took the PS2 Superstar mode approach, that'll be better. They just have to find a good online aspect to make it popular.

After watching a lot of videos, I just don't care for the storyline. I feel that when these sports games that takes a heavily scripted story line, your actions don't really matter. I don't really care for the condensed NFL career. Storyline seems so scripted at times that it negates realism and what actually happened in season
If FoTF is the same format for next gen, I won't even bother with it
Old 09-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #8
Rookie

RaiderFan2019's Arena

OVR: 0

Why is the face of the franchise in madden 21 require cloud. Any way to play FOF, offline? What am I missing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »