Home

Is there any draft scouting tool out there?

This is a discussion on Is there any draft scouting tool out there? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2021, 05:12 PM   #17
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there any draft scouting tool out there?

The best strategy imo is to scout all of the 1st and 2nd rounders, then the remaining scout points look at positions of need and scheme fit.

There's usually maybe 2-3 hidden development guys (1-2 with superstar development) if you look close enough.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I just did a slow sim where I did all the GM stuff but summed the games and did 7 consecutive drafts. I learned some things.

It's rather easy to out-draft the CPU, especially in the later rounds, simply by using your scouting points to the maximum. I typically pay attention to scheme fits and look to draft players who fit the scheme and have good combine scores. Even within these confines (i.e., not scouting all players, regardless of scheme).

There are some patterns to the classes, despite the true observations above that each class has differing levels of talent overall and at specific positions.

It's pretty difficult to find true difference makers at QB. It can be pretty tough to find late-round steals on the OL and at CB. On the contrary, it's very easy to find draft steals at WR, TE, DT, DT, LB, and S.

To find those guys, you simply have to look for outlier combine scores in R3-7.

This strategy routinely yields 70 OVR players in those positions. Even in weak classes, you can nab 70 OVR guys in R1-4 pretty reliably.

My personal advice, for what it's worth, is to spend points scouting R3-7 at HB, WR, TE, DE, DT, LB, S.

It's harder in my view to find UFDA guys with draft grades in any of the rounds, though it can happen. To get these guys, you have to generally look for uncommonly high combine scores: 7+ for HB, 6.7+ for TE, WR, DE, LB, and S. You can also draft true value above round at FB and K/P pretty easily if those guys happen to be need players on your roster.

Hope some of this helps. Even in bad years, I never come away with players below 65 OVR in the late rounds, and those guys make great backups/ 3rd stringers/ ST contributors.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:26 PM   #19
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueNautilus
I just did a slow sim where I did all the GM stuff but summed the games and did 7 consecutive drafts. I learned some things.

It's rather easy to out-draft the CPU, especially in the later rounds, simply by using your scouting points to the maximum. I typically pay attention to scheme fits and look to draft players who fit the scheme and have good combine scores. Even within these confines (i.e., not scouting all players, regardless of scheme).

There are some patterns to the classes, despite the true observations above that each class has differing levels of talent overall and at specific positions.

It's pretty difficult to find true difference makers at QB. It can be pretty tough to find late-round steals on the OL and at CB. On the contrary, it's very easy to find draft steals at WR, TE, DT, DT, LB, and S.

To find those guys, you simply have to look for outlier combine scores in R3-7.

This strategy routinely yields 70 OVR players in those positions. Even in weak classes, you can nab 70 OVR guys in R1-4 pretty reliably.

My personal advice, for what it's worth, is to spend points scouting R3-7 at HB, WR, TE, DE, DT, LB, S.

It's harder in my view to find UFDA guys with draft grades in any of the rounds, though it can happen. To get these guys, you have to generally look for uncommonly high combine scores: 7+ for HB, 6.7+ for TE, WR, DE, LB, and S. You can also draft true value above round at FB and K/P pretty easily if those guys happen to be need players on your roster.

Hope some of this helps. Even in bad years, I never come away with players below 65 OVR in the late rounds, and those guys make great backups/ 3rd stringers/ ST contributors.
Any QB with A+ throwing power and an A- (Throw deep, short, medium) and a 1st round grade who is 21 or 22 is generally someone I will take. Even at normal development it's fairly easy to get them to star development by year 2 or 3.

OL is impossible to find with steals. Best bet is drafting 2-3 centers with scheme fit and moving them to guard. I rarely if ever find Tackles with star development.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »