Home

My apologies but, this the best Madden ever!

This is a discussion on My apologies but, this the best Madden ever! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #9
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My apologies but, this the best Madden ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timiville
It's a cpu vs cpu style players dream. I've been buying Madden since its inception and this is the most accurate sim experience yet.

Even with the "sometimes" high completion percentage this game is beautiful.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
Wow...please tell me a couple of things ..

First EA and it’s “Elite” minds took out a spectate mode (Cpu vs Cpu) some years ago..now you have to use the workaround slow sim..I assume that’s what your using

Are you experiencing this gameplay in Play Now or Franchise? (No auto sub formations -still broken in Franchise)

What are your settings ?

Are running backs using their abilities such a as -Trucking- stiffarms- jukes..are they breaking tackles and or juking people making them miss?

I saw none of this all backs ran generic and ran into tacklers and fell down..

I would love to start playing Madden again as I slow sim all my games.

I have been purchasing Madden for over twenty years IMO this is the worst version since ..maybe I’m missing something ..
Old 09-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #10
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I can definitely attest to the merits of slow sim cpu vs cpu gameplay (mind you I'm still on Madden 20). The game definitely plays differently when its cpu vs cpu instead of user vs cpu. You can have a pretty solid experience on All Pro with default sliders. There are some quirks (CPU timeout logic, QB pocket presence, etc).

I'm glad that someone else enjoys this style of play as well. Turns the franchise into a GM experience. The X-Factors and Breakout scenarios (despite their flaws), allow for players to emerge from out of no where (ex. player has normal dev, has some good games and performs well in the breakout scenarios, can become a superstar). There is an element of luck/randomness that makes the mode more interesting IMO.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 09-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I can definitely attest to the merits of slow sim cpu vs cpu gameplay (mind you I'm still on Madden 20). The game definitely plays differently when its cpu vs cpu instead of user vs cpu. You can have a pretty solid experience on All Pro with default sliders. There are some quirks (CPU timeout logic, QB pocket presence, etc).

I'm glad that someone else enjoys this style of play as well. Turns the franchise into a GM experience. The X-Factors and Breakout scenarios (despite their flaws), allow for players to emerge from out of no where (ex. player has normal dev, has some good games and performs well in the breakout scenarios, can become a superstar). There is an element of luck/randomness that makes the mode more interesting IMO.

Glad you all are enjoying it, but for the majority who actually play the game its weak as water!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

The whole CPU v CPU thing baffles me, but whatever...

But I agree...this Madden is really good.

1. Strong CPU QB play
2. Outstanding coverage dynamics (depending on the user's mental skills and player ratings)
3. Great run game
4. solid injury/penalty dynamics

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-17-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:50 PM   #13
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

I really think this is the best Madden from a gameplay standpoint. The lack of innovation in CFM is the only huge con for me, but the gameplay is so good this year that I can live with it.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #14
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

I fired up 21 as I put it aside for 20.

I really really tried to see the great gameplay everyone here is talking about. Really tried.

Back to 20..

Maybe it’s me ..or maybe it’s my settings.. but it’s awfully arcade and the ball carrier generic running is painful.

Hoping for PS5 and a football game from Madden.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:18 PM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, it's the best Madden ever with a controller in your hand as well.

It's unfortunate to me that people, in a lot of posts, feel the need to have to "apologize" for feeling that this is a great or even the best playing Madden ever. That says a lot about of the tenor of a community.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #16
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
IMO, it's the best Madden ever with a controller in your hand as well.

It's unfortunate to me that people, in a lot of posts, feel the need to have to "apologize" for feeling that this is a great or even the best playing Madden ever. That says a lot about of the tenor of a community.
It’s natural... it’s pretty widely accepted now this isn’t a good product especially considering they are the “sim” experience. Let’s be honest no other games gets SIM stats in franchise this off. Your cover athlete literally doesn’t play like himself (I know he does in gameplay) there’s glitches like formation subs in franchise that make people who try to mimic real life With the extra strategy can’t do. Gameplay wise the AI coverage is just... I have no words. So. Many. Gaps. That’s arcade. The list goes on but most people know and acknowledge these flaws.

Bottom line tho, yeah whatever side you fall on opinion wise for madden who cares. If someone enjoys it that’s good. No one should be mad at that. Also if people are trying to express valid criticism over a to most subpar product then who cares as well. It’s not going to hurt your experience. Just open threads you know won’t trigger you. Boom problem solved.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »