Home

My apologies but, this the best Madden ever!

This is a discussion on My apologies but, this the best Madden ever! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 10:48 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My apologies but, this the best Madden ever!

Glad you’re enjoying it. Strongly disagree. 4 patches since release.. they’ve been giving away copies like candy.. the weekend free trial has been active for a week now and Best Buy had the higher editions of the game on sale last week. All signs pointing to it not being very good.

Last edited by lions2k9; 09-18-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #26
Still Counting

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
Glad you’re enjoying it. Strongly disagree. 4 patches since release.. they’ve been giving away copies like candy.. the weekend free trial has been active for a week now and Best Buy had the higher editions of the game on sale last week. All signs pointing to it not being very good.
I honestly don't think those are really signs that the game isn't very good. I believe EA had a free to play weekend for M20 as well. I understand ppl might not like EA, but a free to play weekend & free game codes is a pretty sweet deal and wish more gaming companies were in the position to do the same. I mean its all opinion at the end of the day. I mean I can go to Best Buy & they"ll have stacks of a new COD. MLB the Show is on patch update 1.17 I believe.

God Of War 4 (PS5)
Ratchet & Clank (PS5)
NBA2K21 (PS5)

Last edited by Milticket; 09-18-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac
Itís natural... itís pretty widely accepted now this isnít a good product especially considering they are the ďsimĒ experience. Letís be honest no other games gets SIM stats in franchise this off. Your cover athlete literally doesnít play like himself (I know he does in gameplay) thereís glitches like formation subs in franchise that make people who try to mimic real life With the extra strategy canít do. Gameplay wise the AI coverage is just... I have no words. So. Many. Gaps. Thatís arcade. The list goes on but most people know and acknowledge these flaws.

Bottom line tho, yeah whatever side you fall on opinion wise for madden who cares. If someone enjoys it thatís good. No one should be mad at that. Also if people are trying to express valid criticism over a to most subpar product then who cares as well. Itís not going to hurt your experience. Just open threads you know wonít trigger you. Boom problem solved.

I would make the argument that since EA has a monopoly on Simulation NFL games, their ability to provide an inferior product and retain that monopoly is through the financial support of people purchasing and praising the product. There are three groups at fault for the state of Madden
1 EA/Tiburon
2 The NFL
3 People buying the product

While no one person buying Madden is responsible for the state of virtual football, collectively everyone is.

Which is why people understandably react to positive comments. There is certainly some selfishness in expressing support for a product so many fans of virtual football have come to hate. It's in a way saying that while other people are "suffering" from something you're okay with it because you are not "suffering" from it.

Someone has as much of a right to post here as someone else has the right to criticize that comment.

For a lot of people, everyone praising Madden and continuing to give EA money for this product is allowing EA's behavior to continue. EA is demonstrably anti-competitive and demonstrably trying to guide people away from modes that create less additional microtransaction revenue, like franchise, and into other modes that do provide them with more money.

EA sports games are notorious for removing/blocking certain features that require intent to do, so that a player is often coerced into other more profitable game modes.

It's abusive behavior on EA's part, and everyone buying the product and then singing its praises are enabling them.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #28
Pro

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
I honestly don't think those are really signs that the game isn't very good. I believe EA had a free to play weekend for M20 as well. I understand ppl might not like EA, but a free to play weekend & free game codes is a pretty sweet deal and wish more gaming companies were in the position to do the same. I mean its all opinion at the end of the day. I mean I can go to Best Buy & they"ll have stacks of a new COD.
Hmmm...I shouldnít of spent the $100 on game..
Old 09-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #29
Rookie

One quick example from two EA products, just related to roster editing

Fifa:
created players cannot be assigned 5 star skill moves, and traits cannot be edited.

This completely hamstrings one's ability to manually update rosters, forcing players to pay for each new version to get realistic rosters.

Madden does the same thing
Certain traits cannot be edited, like swim move, clutch factor. Most important, the lack of ASSIGNED AUDIO. Since players wear helmets, face scans that come with official roster updates are even less important in football, so Madden INTENTIONALLY cripples a players ability to update the rosters, forcing them to pay for the new version if they find commentary important to immersion, which many do. They also do not provide an ability to edit facial models. Some features are unlocked once in franchise mode, like being able to edit possession catch, player age, and contract values. Anyone trying to create 2021 rosters in Madden 20 has this ability severely limited overall (unlike with 2K and SDS) and the few editing features that unlock once in franchise mode require large scale manual changes with every new franchise started, instead of being able to download or edit a roster once.

tl:dr

EA removes features entirely, or blocks them partially, to try to guide players into more profitable modes that have more potential for microtransactions, and to coerce players into paying for the new version each year, no matter how minimal the improvements. It's absolutely abusive and anyone supporting EA is encouraging it.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaspo

It's absolutely abusive and anyone supporting EA is encouraging it.
A stranger on the internet who purchases tickets to movies, theater, music and games and spends their money however they choose, has no bearing on your life at all.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A stranger on the internet who purchases tickets to movies, theater, music and games and spends their money however they choose, has no bearing on your life at all.

One individual does not.

Movies, theater, and music are art and can be subjectively good or bad. Games are an interactive product and can be objectively good or bad.

Absolving a person because their impact as an individual is negligible is misguided. One person smoking does not impact a health care system, but smokers as a group are a massive drain of resources from the group, both in availability of services and shared cost increase. A smoker does not make my health care costs more expensive, but smokers do. Saying whether a stranger decides to smoke or not has no bearing on me is misguided.

Individual actions impact the collective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 01:26 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaspo
One individual does not.

Movies, theater, and music are art and can be subjectively good or bad. Games are an interactive product and can be objectively good or bad.

Absolving a person because their impact as an individual is negligible is misguided. One person smoking does not impact a health care system, but smokers as a group are a massive drain of resources from the group, both in availability of services and shared cost increase. A smoker does not make my health care costs more expensive, but smokers do. Saying whether a stranger decides to smoke or not has no bearing on me is misguided.

Individual actions impact the collective.
Apples to oranges, one is a hobby, the other indirectly could affect your health. Most indoor buildings are smoke free. Are you willingly going to go up to strangers that are smoking near you outside, shake your finger at them, and tell them as a group they are increasing your health care cost?

To each their own.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »