Home

My apologies but, this the best Madden ever!

This is a discussion on My apologies but, this the best Madden ever! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: My apologies but, this the best Madden ever!

Games are most certainly not objectively good or bad. The sheer amount of disagreement here about M21 ought to disabuse you of that notion.

What an absolutely nonsense statement.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #34
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaspo
EA removes features entirely, or blocks them partially, to try to guide players into more profitable modes that have more potential for microtransactions, and to coerce players into paying for the new version each year, no matter how minimal the improvements. It's absolutely abusive and anyone supporting EA is encouraging it.
They're "abusing" people by creating a fun video game with a fun franchise experience? They're "abusing" people by creating a free-to-play card mode with online play? They're "abusing" people by creating two (apparently fun) casual game modes and a player career mode?

I'll take that kind of "abuse" any day of the week.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Movies, theater, and music are art and can be subjectively good or bad. Games are an interactive product and can be objectively good or bad.
No, they can't be objectively good or bad. Nothing that involves one's opinion is objective, by definition. No matter how badly one wants to be objectively correct or win an argument. There is no critical mass where "opinion" becomes "fact".

Quote:

EA removes features entirely, or blocks them partially, to try to guide players into more profitable modes that have more potential for microtransactions, and to coerce players into paying for the new version each year, no matter how minimal the improvements. It's absolutely abusive and anyone supporting EA is encouraging it.
This might be the most ridiculous hyperbole ever from a faction that's known for ridiculous hyperbole. Thankfully for you, it's clear you've never been a victim of actual abuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
No, they can't be objectively good or bad. Nothing that involves one's opinion is objective, by definition. No matter how badly one wants to be objectively correct or win an argument. There is no critical mass where "opinion" becomes "fact".

This might be the most ridiculous hyperbole ever from a faction that's known for ridiculous hyperbole. Thankfully for you, it's clear you've never been a victim of actual abuse.

1. Glitches are objectively bad. Art is a matter of taste, removed/blocked features are either objectively there or not.

2. You literally have zero idea if I have been the victim of abuse or not. Using your logic, I could counter that thinking you can know if someone has been the victim of abuse based on a comment is not something someone who has been the victim of abuse would say. But that would be a faulty assumption, like yours.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

It's sad that not only does the OP feel the need to apologize for his opinion because its apparently unpopular in this forum, but that those who find his opinion "incorrect" feel the need to not only tell him he's wrong, and in some cases ridicule or belittle him for having that opinion, but then you have people now exaggerating the incorrectness of his opinion to ridiculous hyperbole levels, all to prove a point that his personal opinion of a video game, is wrong.

Sad

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-18-2020, 01:23 PM   #38
MVP

While it may be objectively true whether or not any given feature is included in the game whether or not we should care about any given feature is a matter of values which are most definitely not objective.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
I honestly don't think those are really signs that the game isn't very good. I believe EA had a free to play weekend for M20 as well. I understand ppl might not like EA, but a free to play weekend & free game codes is a pretty sweet deal and wish more gaming companies were in the position to do the same. I mean its all opinion at the end of the day. I mean I can go to Best Buy & they"ll have stacks of a new COD. MLB the Show is on patch update 1.17 I believe.
Good AAA games that are out for a month do not go on sale that quickly unless something is wrong. They didn’t have the game free for over a week last year.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
They're "abusing" people by creating a fun video game with a fun franchise experience? They're "abusing" people by creating a free-to-play card mode with online play? They're "abusing" people by creating two (apparently fun) casual game modes and a player career mode?

I'll take that kind of "abuse" any day of the week.

The relationship is abusive because it is dishonest and predatory, and is abusing an addiction (video games) by monopolizing a market and forcing addicts to come to them, no matter the terms.

Whether the gameplay is enjoyable or not is subjective, and I don't begrudge people that enjoy it. I think they are wrong, but that is my opinion. I do take issue with people who defend a company as predatory as EA and Madden is one of the prime examples of their behavior. They didn't earn their rep for nothing. Intentionally blocking roster update ability just to force people to buy a patched version of the same game for $60 is absolutely despicable behavior.

This is not about their inability to create a game that I would subjectively consider good. This is about their intentional behavior to try to pump each customer for the most money they can, even if they have to artificially and dishonestly hamper the experience in some aspects, while also often marketing it as something it is not.

EA ARE LIARS. This is demonstrably true, and they are manipulating a fan base hooked on virtual football (I get it, me too) out of greed with no actual respect for their product or the consumer. They are a shameful corporation, and I find it astonishing how many people are willing to defend them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »