Home

Official Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 2 Available, See The Changes Here

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 2 Available, See The Changes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2020, 11:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Arrow Re: Official Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 2 Available, See The Changes Here

The best example is: John Ross' true football speed ain't 96. That's his track speed. There's a difference.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 2 Available, See The Changes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
These dudes don't watch the tape lol. Minshew has accuracy of 87, 79, 80 and he missed 1 throw... the whole game. Like the whole entire game.

Meanwhile you've got Kap sittin over on his couch for 3 years with better accuracy somehow.
Minshew has been criminally underrated for a long time actually. But why bring Kap's rating into it? This is the typical "put down the other so the mine looks better"

And no, he hasn't been "sitting on a couch" for 3 years. He has kept his body in shape and has worked out most days a week since the NFL blackballing
Old 09-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #11
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Official Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 2 Available, See The Changes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by segarr
Minshew has been criminally underrated for a long time actually. But why bring Kap's rating into it? This is the typical "put down the other so the mine looks better"

And no, he hasn't been "sitting on a couch" for 3 years. He has kept his body in shape and has worked out most days a week since the NFL blackballing

I think he’s bringing kap into it because minshew is consistently producing and kap hasn’t played a single snap in over 3 seasons.

I don’t know where you’re getting at here but it’s a legitimate argument minshew should be rated higher than Kaepernick.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
Lightbulb Re: Official Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 2 Available, See The Changes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I think he’s bringing kap into it because minshew is consistently producing and kap hasn’t played a single snap in over 3 seasons.

I don’t know where you’re getting at here but it’s a legitimate argument minshew should be rated higher than Kaepernick.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The guy literally said he might refund the game just because Kapernick was added. I was about to give a more in-depth reply but when I'm dealing with a mindset like that I know there's no point in doing so
Old 09-23-2020, 11:13 PM   #13
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Official Madden NFL 21 Roster Update For Week 2 Available, See The Changes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
It's a crying shame. Our team always has messed up ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
These dudes don't watch the tape lol. Minshew has accuracy of 87, 79, 80 and he missed 1 throw... the whole game. Like the whole entire game.

Meanwhile you've got Kap sittin over on his couch for 3 years with better accuracy somehow.

Comparing Kaepernick's rating to anyone is foolish. He's not there for any other reason than as a marketing gimmick. There were probably stipulations in him signing that required higher ratings than he deserved.

As for Minshew, by the end of the year he will be rating very highly. Madden tends to improve ratings incrementally during the year.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:16 PM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAJamChampion
And a player's True Speed Rating is their speed in a helmet and football pads minus the negative effects I listed below. Their "true football speed" is slower than their 40 combine speed and speed without a helmet and pads on. Their madden speed rating is a theoretical 40 combine speed rating. Their true football speed is their top speed Minus the negative affects of a lack of confidence (being nervous in front of a crowd and tv cameras) minus the negative effects of hesitation, the deer in headlights reaction and indecision has, minus the negative effect of having anything less than perfect ball carrier vision, minus the effect of carrying a football, minus the effects of having bad football awareness. Anyone that carries a football will run at a slower speed than someone that is not carrying a football assuming they have the same speed.

Madden's speed ratings are off. I played football so I know. When I played football they put track guys on a football field. These track runners had faster "track speed" but also had slower "true football speed." So the track runners all got burned on the football field by football players that could not outrun them on a track but could outrun them on a football field. I still remember them laughing at me (a football player) in the beginning because they thought their track speed would supposedly transfer to the football field. Us football players got the last laugh because we burned them on the football field.

Football players top speed is negatively affected by less than perfect awareness, confidence, decision making, motivation, the weight of a helmet and pads, carrying a football, and even personality, arrogance. It's the human elements that affect speed. Point is stop using the 40 combine times as a guide. Watch game film of every player to determine their True Speed ratings. Ignore the flashy 40 times that requires zero decision making, and football awareness. If I know this than you should've to.
This is true. That's why I'm glad they rated Brandon Aiyuk's speed a bit higher than his 40 time might have deserved. But I think they did it because he had a recent core injury, not because they differentiate between track speed and football speed.

Additional things that slow track speed down on the football field: knowledge of playbook and/or assignment; capability of reading defense or offense (WRs on occasion must read a small part of the field; pattern recognition is important for people in the secondary... even on high school level it plays into it, because I played safety in high school and early moments in routes dynamically affected our coverage); general field vision; minor, unreported injuries; and probably many other things.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 09-23-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #15
Rookie

Patrickh7255's Arena

They still haven't fixed Mahomes Contract smh
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »