Home

Madden 21 - Next-Gen - What To Expect

This is a discussion on Madden 21 - Next-Gen - What To Expect within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2020, 06:00 PM   #41
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 21 - Next-Gen - What To Expect

Having the Lambeau Leap will be huge. It's one the most iconic celebrations in Football. As a packers fan this will be nice. I can't see how stats driven gameplay ever comes to fruition with how animation dependant this game is now Unless they've greatly expanded the animation library and eliminated warping and shifting. Hopefully there is a greater focus on AI where I don't have to babysit my defense every play and they can properly react in real time to what's happening on the field rather than playing their assignments even if it means getting burned every single play or covering 25 yards of field with nothing around them.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #42
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Anybody that has played The Yard can see with only 12 players on the field instead of 22 that the visuals are bumped up a notch. My guess is that with next gen that visual bump will occur with all 22 on field players and we will get the updated gear mouthpieces/real single sleeves etc. As far as an entirely new game, absolutely zero chance of that. The dead horse that is the current Madden engine has been beaten for over a decade now, and it certainly appears that the base gameplay will continue suffering that beating on PS5 and Series X.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:13 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play only sports games and racing games and so far with the Nov release of the new consoles I am not excited at all. Ride 4 is promising some kind of next gen patch in Dec along with a new MXGP motocross game, Forza 8 will not arrive until 2021 sometime and Madden 21 is a warmed over patch for the same old tired engine from 6 years ago. I still want to see extensive next gen NBA 2k21 gameplay before I warm up to that news. I have zero desire to upgrade from my Xbox one X. If anything I may look at the new AMD Big Navi video cards in Dec.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:19 PM   #44
Rookie

Hate to say it again but Madden 21 for next gen will be polished turd. Its the equivalent to the old lip stick on a pig comparison. EA allowed the graphical department to take the same old herky jerky broken code engine from 6 years ago and slap a little lip stick on it and put a sound patch with it and call it good. That is the next gen approach. At least it is a free patch for a limited time.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:21 PM   #45
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanDax1819
Hate to say it again but Madden 21 for next gen will be polished turd. Its the equivalent to the old lip stick on a pig comparison. EA allowed the graphical department to take the same old herky jerky broken code engine from 6 years ago and slap a little lip stick on it and put a sound patch with it and call it good. That is the next gen approach. At least it is a free patch for a limited time.

Since when is Madden polished?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Anybody that has played The Yard can see with only 12 players on the field instead of 22 that the visuals are bumped up a notch. My guess is that with next gen that visual bump will occur with all 22 on field players and we will get the updated gear mouthpieces/real single sleeves etc. As far as an entirely new game, absolutely zero chance of that. The dead horse that is the current Madden engine has been beaten for over a decade now, and it certainly appears that the base gameplay will continue suffering that beating on PS5 and Series X.
There are tons of things in the Yard they never bothered to add it to the rest of the game. Believe it's because they see they mode as more lucrative and as a result, gets way more resources. The Yard has updated sleeves, mouth pieces, undershirts and the player creator editor they never bothered to add to franchise either. Doubt this makes it in this year even on next gen...

Last edited by dvdsaba; 09-22-2020 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:34 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I hope they stop with these long drawn out opening game scenario sequences. I absolutely hate them. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yes the old player intros were better. Not great. But they didn’t improve upon them. As usual more of a presentation regression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2020, 10:52 PM   #48
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

I want to see the crowd completely revamped visually and also AI-wise with their reaction to what’s going on.

Make it where you can download music from the community vault (MLB Sounds of the Show-esque) that can be plugged in and sounds like it’s coming out of the stadium loud speakers.

Make the sidelines come to life with players having meetings with their coaches, players drinking Gatorade, players talking to each other, celebrating, laughing, hugging, arguing, slamming their helmets on the ground, kicking the Gatorade cooler, etc.

Make it where head coaches, coordinators, position coaches, and referees can have their names, attributes, tendencies, faces, and body types all customized and able to be downloaded from the community vault. Also make it where all these coaches can be hired, fired, retired, promoted, and hired by other teams with their tendencies intact. If the Dolphins want a bruising running attack, they hire the Titans’ OC. If the Patriots DC is tearing it up, the Browns can hire him as head coach if they want. Over time, they become a much better defensive team.

Have referees on the field and show the chains being moved on the sidelines.

Improve the CPU’s intelligence, aggressiveness, and decision making when it comes to managing the clock, going for first downs, and TD’s instead of FG’s. No more trying a 65 yard field goal on 4th and 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »