Home

Madden 21 - Next-Gen - What To Expect

This is a discussion on Madden 21 - Next-Gen - What To Expect within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2020, 04:13 AM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Madden 21 - Next-Gen - What To Expect

So I see we don't actually have a separate thread for just Madden next gen.

With the small amount of info we have, this intrigues me the most.

Stat-Driven Player Movement. – Real-life athlete data feeds into the Madden animation engine to create fluid, athletic player movement when accelerating, running routes, and changing direction. Enhanced animation technology in FIFA enables you to experience ultra-responsive and realistic player movement.

Honestly, my biggest issue with the game is the lack of smooth player movement. Trying to turn up the field causes a hitch step and usually ends up sending your player out of bounds. Ever since Madden 06 on 360 came out, I wished for the player movement from the PS2/Xbox generation.

It sounds like they may have a new player movement system, which would make the game worth it in spades if it was the same exact game now but with similar player movement from the PS2/Xbox era.

Anyway, let's try to keep this thread a positive as possible. But constructive criticism is always welcome. Just don't post one line stuff like, Oh it's Madden, it's gonna suck. That doesn't help anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 06:51 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 - Next-Gen - What To Expect

Yeah, the blurb about incorporating Next-Gen stats and whatnot really piqued my interest as well. Anything that lends itself to greater player differentiation/individuality is welcome in my book. Hopefully it transaltes to improved animations as well.

I'm not necessarily expecting this for the next-gen version of M21, but for M22, I'm absolutely hoping for a huge leap forward in regards to stadiums and gameday atmosphere. By that, I mean things like realistic player and coach models on the sidelines, camera operators that track the ball/action, more detailed crowd models, and having the video boards display pertinent game information and a even a feed of the game from the broadcast angle (as opposed to just showing team logos and slogans the entire game).

If they could go the extra mile and get each team's authentic video board graphics/layouts (like MLB The Show does) that would be just gravy.

Perhaps we could even see a Madden equivalent of Sounds of the Show.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 09-18-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:33 AM   #3
Rookie

I'll be shocked if there is any difference beyond updated graphics. Plus they can just blame it on COVID again.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
Rookie

It will be less features with better graphics they do that every time they go to the next gen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2020, 08:31 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

I agree with the poster above that I am not expecting anything of substance until M22. But the question for me is how much gets removed and will have to be added back in through M26? I do think that we will see/feel something new with player movement this upcoming Gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I agree with the poster above that I am not expecting anything of substance until M22. But the question for me is how much gets removed and will have to be added back in through M26? I do think that we will see/feel something new with player movement this upcoming Gen.
Yup player movement changes every next gen for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #7
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Being on PC, I'm seriously intrigued how this all works. We aren't getting a disc. Our PC technically could probably handle the next gen upgrades. So do we just download a update and all of a sudden have better graphics. Better player movement. And everything else everyone is suspecting

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm looking forward to experiencing the Spatialized Audio and Improved Immersion. Good immersion is vital to a sports game. As long as it isn't another 'Living Worlds' situation, Improved Immersion should improve the on-field experience. Immersion has been severely lacking last couple generations. Every game feels like an exhibition game outside of specific season commentary lines.

It'll be nice to have a new player movement system. My biggest gripe the last 2 generations has been AI and over dependence on Animations. I'm hoping with the Upgrade to stronger console CPUs that with improved coding, that AI and Physics takes a massive leap next gen. As a solo offline player, the AI has turned me off from Madden. That with the heavily scripted CPU actions and dependence of 2-Man animation regardless of physics. Poor AI logic is holding back gameplay. From Blocking AI to ball carrier AI to coverage AI, massive upgrade is needed..

If they can get the On-Field experience right with improved Immersion and gameplay, that is a foundation to build off of. The worst case scenario for me is a higher fidelity port. I don't want the same ole Madden feel. I want that Next Level Madden. I expect Game Modes to mostly stay unchanged especially since that is how the promise to Franchise fans portrays it. But if they can get that On-Field Experience in the right direction, it would be worth committing too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »