Home

How to be successful in franchise BY SIMMING

This is a discussion on How to be successful in franchise BY SIMMING within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2020, 03:54 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to be successful in franchise BY SIMMING

I posted this on StayODD's roster thread, hope it helps for some of you.

I did some testing and figured out which offensive playbooks match with each team to have accurate pass/run percentages in simulating an offline franchise.

With StayODD's roster, QB completion percentages are perfect and if you change the starters weekly as in real life (for example Brees and T.Hill), you will get great results.

Speaking of results, I set up the game results in advance at the start of my franchise as in real life with the force home or away option. (The Jets are losing all year so they obviously pass more because they are behind a lot but with this new playbook, they will have around 58% as of week 15 in real life.) If you don't set this, I can't guarantee anything.

I gave up caring about QB running attempts in simulation. Tommycoa wrote that the super sim helped but with this super sim the force home or away disappeared. (Texans immediately beat the Chiefs in week 1 despite I set up a win for the Chiefs.)

Jets playbook: chi, cin, atl, sf, det, gb, was, sea, pit, hou
Bills playbook: buf, tb, lac, kc, dal, phi, nyg, jax, car, lar
Broncos playbook: den, ari, mia, nyj, lv, no
Dolphins playbook: cle, ne, ten
Ravens playbook: bal
Colts playbook: ind
Vikings playbook: min

I have a question for you guys. These pairings of playbooks are obviously for simulation. But will turning on live playbooks solve the percentage problem in playing the game? Will the Seahawks pass a lot with their new live playbook in games I actually play?
Old 12-28-2020, 01:04 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrrr12
I posted this on StayODD's roster thread, hope it helps for some of you.

I did some testing and figured out which offensive playbooks match with each team to have accurate pass/run percentages in simulating an offline franchise.

With StayODD's roster, QB completion percentages are perfect and if you change the starters weekly as in real life (for example Brees and T.Hill), you will get great results.

Speaking of results, I set up the game results in advance at the start of my franchise as in real life with the force home or away option. (The Jets are losing all year so they obviously pass more because they are behind a lot but with this new playbook, they will have around 58% as of week 15 in real life.) If you don't set this, I can't guarantee anything.

I gave up caring about QB running attempts in simulation. Tommycoa wrote that the super sim helped but with this super sim the force home or away disappeared. (Texans immediately beat the Chiefs in week 1 despite I set up a win for the Chiefs.)

Jets playbook: chi, cin, atl, sf, det, gb, was, sea, pit, hou
Bills playbook: buf, tb, lac, kc, dal, phi, nyg, jax, car, lar
Broncos playbook: den, ari, mia, nyj, lv, no
Dolphins playbook: cle, ne, ten
Ravens playbook: bal
Colts playbook: ind
Vikings playbook: min

I have a question for you guys. These pairings of playbooks are obviously for simulation. But will turning on live playbooks solve the percentage problem in playing the game? Will the Seahawks pass a lot with their new live playbook in games I actually play?
In the games that you play, the run/pass % is determined by the gameplan section of the playbook that the team is using. If you go to the custom playbook section, you can see which plays that each playbook uses and how often.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:20 AM   #51
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

did 10 seasons and won division nearly every year (after 2-3 year tank) and won 1 SB in year 4 or so but kept going home in divisional round or wildcard.. last 2 seasons made it to conference championship and lost both times.

bills playbook for field general/strong arm QB is great, slot WR always performed

issue was DEFENSE. Despite having a regular season with 3-4 seasons of top 3-5 defense, most of my playoff losses came in shootouts of 45-42, 35-32, etc...

Lesson taking for my next sim league coming up? Focus more on getting Stud DE's and switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

Also my defensive scheme is going to be 100% focused on stopping the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2021, 03:22 AM   #52
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Another one is put your best WR in the slot. That receiver will put up really good numbers and your QB will usually have a much better statistical season.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Disagree with this.

You can have a young 74-76 Slot specific WR who can develop into an absolute stud. Not crazy to see guys go for 800 yards and 8+ TD's despite not a great overall.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:47 AM   #53
Rookie

has anyone found the best scheme and playbooks listed for this?
Old 03-21-2021, 10:46 PM   #54
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

On next gen, I actually made the playoffs with a team by simming every game. Never once did that happen on last gen, and no I'm not kidding. I always broke even at 8-8 or was worse.

I even had to implement a new house rule, sim until 2 games are won, play the following game, and rinse/repeat. I sim lost so much on last Gen, it was only win 1 game via sim and play the following game.

Loving next gen so far.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 03-21-2021, 11:16 PM   #55
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

Why not just play NFL Head Coach 09 if you're goal is to sim? It'd literally built for that, with more accurate play call tendencies and smarter AI.

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2021, 11:36 PM   #56
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButter
Why not just play NFL Head Coach 09 if you're goal is to sim? It'd literally built for that, with more accurate play call tendencies and smarter AI.
For me personally, I got 5 kids and work 90-100 hours every 2 weeks.

I want to experience all I can in short enough time.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »