Home

How to be successful in franchise BY SIMMING

This is a discussion on How to be successful in franchise BY SIMMING within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2021, 11:57 PM   #57
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to be successful in franchise BY SIMMING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
For me personally, I got 5 kids and work 90-100 hours every 2 weeks.

I want to experience all I can in short enough time.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
Why not just shorten the quarters to 5 min like Madden? The "week" prior to the game only takes like 5 min anyway.

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:07 AM   #58
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButter
Why not just shorten the quarters to 5 min like Madden? The "week" prior to the game only takes like 5 min anyway.
I could, but I just like 15 min quarters with 15 second accelerated clock.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 05-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #59
Rookie

This has thread has been a god send, I was putting high OVR rosters and not even making it to the playoffs. Just didnt make any sense.

Started a game with Jacksonville with CHI Playbook and West Coast Spread as a test and changed Minshew's traits to match what has been advised. Won 1 SB and got to playoffs every season for 4 seasons with Minshew getting 1 MVP and the rest were top 3 finishes. Threw for 5K yards one season and regularly threw for 40 td's with 10 picks.

Defense was still a struggle and had best results with 4-3 Quarters with Seattle Playbook but my defense was insane (95 OVR) as I prioritised this over offense and renewed Minshaw at insanely low cap hit due to his low OVR (this eventually got 84 OVR).

One tip that I found was the slot WR puts up huge numbers. I was playing Shenhault JR there and he went from a 78 to 92 with X Factor as he got over 15 td's for three seasons in slot. I then moved him to WR1 and Chalk into the slot who was 87 OVR, that season Chalk had 15 td's so having a good slot receiver is worth while. Just need to be expensive just find a young player and they will turn into a stud.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:43 AM   #60
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

double post
Old 05-12-2021, 02:44 AM   #61
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Finished year 4 after a total rebuild just won the super bowl!! Very happy.

First year a total rebuild, second year we made the playoffs but lost in wildcard, 3rd year didn't make the playoffs.

Year.4 we were 8-8 but managed to win the division (NFC East LOL) and pulled a Giants and made it all the way to the SB where we beat the Ravens crushing them 37-7 or something.

A big tip that paid off: I run a 4-3 and my second DT is a normal 78 going into their 4th year, but has bull rush and power rush (based for scheme). A MONSTER. 6 sacks and then 8 sacks the next year including 4 sacks in the playoffs, 2 in 2 different games that were critical.

I highly recommend a scheme that has DT's who pass rush if in a 4-3. So when scouting look for power moves to be high.

Will keep going probably up to at least year 10 to hopefully win some more rings!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2021, 12:49 PM   #62
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

I figure most of these suggestions are for simming straight through the week from the main franchise menu but would they still hold up watching most of the games in Super Sim? Would any of the playbooks play better in that method of simulating or would the actual ratings of your players matter more (i.e. just make a super team if you want better play)?
Old 05-16-2021, 12:00 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
I figure most of these suggestions are for simming straight through the week from the main franchise menu but would they still hold up watching most of the games in Super Sim? Would any of the playbooks play better in that method of simulating or would the actual ratings of your players matter more (i.e. just make a super team if you want better play)?

The answer to that is a little more complicated. In super sim slow, the plays matter more than the actual playbook. For instance, in the normal playbooks, 4 verticals is used a lot. In super sim, your qb usually do not complete those passes, and worst yet, if he’s anything other than a scrambler (improviser maybe), he dances around and gets sacked. Read option or just about any option play in general is useless as the qb keeps the ball every time.
If you’re doing this super sim style, it’s best to create a custom playbook with a custom game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #64
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrapley
This has thread has been a god send, I was putting high OVR rosters and not even making it to the playoffs. Just didnt make any sense.

Started a game with Jacksonville with CHI Playbook and West Coast Spread as a test and changed Minshew's traits to match what has been advised. Won 1 SB and got to playoffs every season for 4 seasons with Minshew getting 1 MVP and the rest were top 3 finishes. Threw for 5K yards one season and regularly threw for 40 td's with 10 picks.

Defense was still a struggle and had best results with 4-3 Quarters with Seattle Playbook but my defense was insane (95 OVR) as I prioritised this over offense and renewed Minshaw at insanely low cap hit due to his low OVR (this eventually got 84 OVR).

One tip that I found was the slot WR puts up huge numbers. I was playing Shenhault JR there and he went from a 78 to 92 with X Factor as he got over 15 td's for three seasons in slot. I then moved him to WR1 and Chalk into the slot who was 87 OVR, that season Chalk had 15 td's so having a good slot receiver is worth while. Just need to be expensive just find a young player and they will turn into a stud.

Ya cool, But this just sounds like a weird way to manipulate the broken sim, i say broken cause only certain traits for certain positions and attributes even matter, which is lame.. should be by overall, honestly, lol whats the point then, what if u have a 60 overall QB but as long as u use the right PB and traits he becomes a 5k passer... idk.. weird

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »