Home

Your #1 Improvement or Change for Madden?

This is a discussion on Your #1 Improvement or Change for Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2020, 09:58 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Your #1 Improvement or Change for Madden?

Retire the XP progression system in Franchise or at least give the option to disable it
Old 09-21-2020, 05:02 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Another thing that is often overlooked is OL/DL interaction. The number of times I’ve seen a D-Linemen shift out of position or a blocker shift into position is just unacceptable. They are making running lanes so unnaturally and it’s an eyesore. Not to mention that the amount of times I’ve seen players just end up in a complete ball is ridiculous. Those three things are a must fix for me to ever consider returning to the series. Just my thoughts.

This! For years I’ve felt, and even said it on here a couple times, that if you get the Blocking right then a lot of other things will fall into place. That’s just how important it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-22-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:47 PM   #19
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Speaking as an nearly exclusive H2H player, a way to filter out matchmaking would be perfect. Low disconnect % would be a start, or filter by the team they have chosen if I wanted to play the current week's match up.

I recall one version used to have player communities you could join, based on whether you were hardcore Sim, arcade, etc. That would be another way to approach it. I'm just sick of every 3rd game being some kid playing the Ravens and scrambling with Lamar on every play.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:58 PM   #20
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

I could harp on things like scouting, CPU player acquisition AI, coaching carousel, etc. And I do want all of those things.

But the more I thought since I played my free trial, the more I'd love to see a MUCH more dynamic player rating system, complete with fog of war, incorrect ratings, etc.

Could you imagine a Madden where your DE's ratings SURGE in a contract year with a chance to fall back to earth, plummet, or stay elevated once he's under a new contract the next season? Or maybe a CB who seems to be up and down every year--he's a 90 one year, 86 the next, back up to 90 the year after? Or a DT that shows up to camp over/under weight and has his stats impacted positively or negatively as a result?

And then having those players stats align generally with how good they are / their team is when you simulate a game.

I'm not saying that you should never be able to trust player ratings, but I would love something more dynamic than what we have, which is knowing a guy's rating and how fast he'll progress, and then having him get incrementally better every year until he gets to around 30-32 where he starts dropping.

THAT would keep the game alive for me. Having to deal with any manner of dynamic changes to how good my team is. Tweaking rating rises and falls based on a variety of different factors or traits other than "current rating," "age," and "development."
Old 09-21-2020, 01:02 PM   #21
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

CPU Roster Management overhaul in CFM. Hands down.

If they can't do that then it would be nice for them to do a sweeping run of all of the bugs that persist from year to year... live playbooks, formation subs, QB1 bugs, player controlled CFM roster management bugs, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2020, 02:34 PM   #22
MVP

Simple - all EA has to do is read Deuce Douglas' post, and don't stop until them implement it word for word like an instruction manual.

Hey EA developers, I will even link the post for you so you don't have to go looking:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-rebuild.html

Yeah I said "Hey, EA" but they don't come here anymore so it shouldn't be a problem...

Last edited by baconbits11; 09-21-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:00 PM   #23
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Without a doubt improving pass defense for both the user and CPU. Zones and man coverage have been so bad for so long.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #24
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Every time I’ve said something about coverage being poor there is an overload of backlash on here talking about how good coverage is. Much of it coming from more popular posters on here. It’s crazy to me.

Pass coverage and blocking schemes need to be fixed as they are a complete mess right now. Another thing that is often overlooked is OL/DL interaction. The number of times I’ve seen a D-Linemen shift out of position or a blocker shift into position is just unacceptable. They are making running lanes so unnaturally and it’s an eyesore. Not to mention that the amount of times I’ve seen players just end up in a complete ball is ridiculous. Those three things are a must fix for me to ever consider returning to the series. Just my thoughts.

100% this. Love to the line play completely revamped where you can read blocks and see them breaking down instead of the stalemate until the defender gets a free rush to the qb.

Pass coverage as well. Just a total redo of passing. Have fade routes and such work instead of everyone using corner routes and slants, drags 99% of the time.

Have it play like football for once instead of madden. Played the free trial after skipping 19 and 20 and it just felt so repetitive. Kudos to those that like it but the gameplay is not a madden strength imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »