Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates, Fixes & Much More - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates, Fixes & Much More - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2020, 11:32 AM   #73
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates, Fixes &

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
How about the human running game? Can you still run at will for high ypc? That was one of the biggest gripes I had on default AP. Also, it was too easy to pass to my star WR as he was always open.

Good post though, encouraging for sure!
Yes. I use Jonathan Taylor who is only a 74 over and he had 8ypc average through 3 games last night. I put user run blocking to 5 and it has brought it down to 4ypc.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates, Fixes &

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
How about the human running game? Can you still run at will for high ypc? That was one of the biggest gripes I had on default AP. Also, it was too easy to pass to my star WR as he was always open.

Good post though, encouraging for sure!
Mizzourah, here's my 2 games:

Vs. DAL: 70 rush YDS. Akers 14-56.4.0 YPC, Henderson 5-4-.8 YPC. I could really feel the power of the DAL LB unit. Vander Esch and Smith were all over the place and shut me down.

Vs. PHI: 108 rush YDS. Akers 11-63-5.7. Brown 4-20-5.0. Henderson 4-16-4.0. I ran away from Cox and could feel the difference in the LB caliber of PHI relative to DAL.

I would not say that I could run at will vs. either team, though I did have good success vs. PHI.

I'll keep an eye out, but this is not an area I'm worried about. Facing BUF next will be a good barometer, as they also have a good defense.

This is 10 minute quarters, default AP sliders, all assists off.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:13 PM   #75
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Yes. I use Jonathan Taylor who is only a 74 over and he had 8ypc average through 3 games last night. I put user run blocking to 5 and it has brought it down to 4ypc.
Thanks, what are his speed and acceleration ratings? I've noticed my RB Ekler has 92sp/92accel and since I typically have a good hole to hit, he racks up a ton of yardage.

It's like the CPU AI doesn't adjust its playcalling to stop the run. (pre patch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #76
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueNautilus
Mizzourah, here's my 2 games:

Vs. DAL: 70 rush YDS. Akers 14-56.4.0 YPC, Henderson 5-4-.8 YPC. I could really feel the power of the DAL LB unit. Vander Esch and Smith were all over the place and shut me down.

Vs. PHI: 108 rush YDS. Akers 11-63-5.7. Brown 4-20-5.0. Henderson 4-16-4.0. I ran away from Cox and could feel the difference in the LB caliber of PHI relative to DAL.

I would not say that I could run at will vs. either team, though I did have good success vs. PHI.

I'll keep an eye out, but this is not an area I'm worried about. Facing BUF next will be a good barometer, as they also have a good defense.

This is 10 minute quarters, default AP sliders, all assists off.
Much appreciated, thank you!
Old 09-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #77
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Way too many WR drops now when they are wide open. Also a lot of weird tackle animations now. Like the defender really don't make contact just be near a person and they fall like they got wrapped up. Also at times the player you control, goes in a direction you aren't even pressing. I notice it the most when I am controlling a defensive lineman. Have the OL beat, clear shot at the QB and some invisible magnet pulls me wide left or right of the QB, instead of allowing me to go straight forward to the QB. Don't happen all the time, but it happens often enough for me to notice it. Happens sometimes when I am running the ball too, the runner goes in a direction I am not pressing towards.

The visual assist bug still in the game and it is annoying to have to turn it off every time I play a game. Still can't take pictures on the PC version either.

I honestly feel as though the game played better at launch. Now, the tackling is back to what it looked like in Madden 20. RPO plays seem to get shut down when you pass it 99% of the time now it seems for a lost of yards. The DB recovery speed is way faster now then it use to be on RPO. But man the drops are highly annoying. I could see if he was tightly covered, but they be wide open with the nearest defender 3 yards away. Still see instances when a deflected pass act like a volley ball and bounce around in the air magically hitting 3 players hands but yet no one can catch it.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #78
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

I normally refrain from saying things like, ‘this patch BROKE the game,’ but unfortunately, I think this patch BROKE the game. Lol.

1 game after this patch, I’m seeing wonky a$$ dropped passes from wide open WRs. One in particular from Julio Jones on a 7 yard curl with no defender near him. It was one of the most jarring plays/animations I’ve seen in this game thus far. And, to be clear, I was totally enjoying this game. I play strictly offline all-pro default sliders vs cpu. There was another play where the cpu let a wide open pass bounce off his shoulder pad and I user Int’d it. I was happy about the fact that I could actually switch quickly enough and get to the int, but the wr simply should’ve caught it. And, I mean, he was WIDE open. My defender was playing zone and covered the wrong guy. This is also a problem, and feel like it’s happening more right now.

How about the cranked up DBs right now? I can’t throw a pass anywhere. And, every single 50/50 ball is intercepted by the cpu.

How about the lack of control on D for the first 2-3 secs? Anyone else feeling this? I was playing mlb and trying to cover my man who was running to the outside. I was pressing ‘left stick full right + sprint’ and as the play developed, my LB stopped in the middle of the play due to a handoff. Now, I’m sure ea is trying to make sure our D play ‘good,’ but I want my player to do what I tell him to. If I put myself out of position, that’s on me. But, I’m overall feeling a general lack of control, all over. I’m not seeing my WRS use the catch type I’m pressing. My D movement feels wonky.

I’m not happy with this patch at all. It reminds me of the dreaded M19 ‘the RB falls forward 5 yards every time he’s tackled’ patch. Lol. That patch broke the game for me as well. It just completely adds some immersion breaking animations and gameplay. There are some other wonky animations going on that I can’t necessarily describe. But, those sort of speed up/slow down animations that look awful.

This game actually played OOTB, and after first patch, was still pretty good. But, this one has broken for me. I think we’ll hear about them fixing what broke in this patch, soon, and here we go, again, chasing the broken patches all season. Ugghh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 21

Those who play coach mode or cpu vs cpu, are you seeing the same amount of drops as others are alluding to?

C
Old 09-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #80
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
How about the lack of control on D for the first 2-3 secs?
It happens sometimes on running plays too. Even noticed it for CPU controlled DBs. Once I threw a hook route, WR caught it, the DB and Safety near him, just stood there and allowed me to turn up field, which led me to turning a 8 yard catch to a 30 yard gain. Next possession, the CPU threw the same pass route, my DB stood there after the catch and it turned into a 70 yard TD.

Not one of those things that happen 100% of the time, but it happens a good amount to the point where you say did I just watch these people not react ? Like immediately watched the instant replay to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Sure enough they just froze and stood there after the catch and not try to tackle the WR. But other times on passing plays, damn near every DB plays like a shut down corner and denies everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »