Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates, Fixes & Much More - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates, Fixes & Much More - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
I dont user catch. Its still an issue.

I will tell you that the cpu doesnt drop anything. Its only impacting user side.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The ones I saw were also not user catches (I usually don't), but I also saw the CPU drop plenty of wide-open passes (no defender within 4 yards) with higher-tier recievers. It seemed to happen most frequently (again, with caveats for anecdotalism and a small sample size) on underneath curls or spot passes.

The CPU was dropping 3-4 "made me notice" passes per game across 3 games last night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #82
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates, Fixes &

Post patch I see flashes of brilliance sprinkled in my growing frustration. On one play i sack Ryan after he backed up 12 yds holding the ball waiting to be sacked. Next play he delivers an absolute beauty to the back of the endzone to Julio 58 yds TD. I doubt i could have made that pass it was that perfect. But that's madden, its like a criteria had to be met then the game functioned properly, this game seems like on most plays the cpu Oline, the QB and receivers are not aligned/aware of each other so the game yields a broken result.

the running game seems smoother, i saw less cuts into traffic by backs. They'll be tougher on AM but by next week well adjust to the animations we get and stop them for losses, cpu RBs are not truly aware, they still use jukes when a stiff arm would work better, still never get the inches on 3rd and 1 by falling forward.

i like the drops, ive always felt everyone had too much hands in this game, i dont like the execution of it though. Seeing wide open Hopkins drop a simple catch 3 times can be infuriating to some. But it finally gives some unpredictability to this game.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-23-2020, 01:32 PM   #83
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.10 Available, Featuring Plenty of Gameplay Updates, Fixes &

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Thanks, what are his speed and acceleration ratings? I've noticed my RB Ekler has 92sp/92accel and since I typically have a good hole to hit, he racks up a ton of yardage.

It's like the CPU AI doesn't adjust its playcalling to stop the run. (pre patch)
I think 90-91 if I remember correctly. Not at home. Lol
Old 09-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #84
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

CPU Defenses seems to be coming out in prevent style formations in situations that normally wouldn't call for it. If I come out in 3 or 4 WR sets this seems to happen. They're not hail Mary situations either.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #85
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
CPU Defenses seems to be coming out in prevent style formations in situations that normally wouldn't call for it. If I come out in 3 or 4 WR sets this seems to happen. They're not hail Mary situations either.

Saw this pre-patch since launch. It reminded me of Practice Mode where you put defense on Random Play and they end up in prevent. I've seen it happen in games when I only have 2 WRs and sometimes at the end of games when I'm ahead and clearly trying to drain clock late in the 4th Q. The AI situational football IQ this year is astoundingly low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 01:49 PM   #86
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Saw this pre-patch since launch. It reminded me of Practice Mode where you put defense on Random Play and they end up in prevent. I've seen it happen in games when I only have 2 WRs and sometimes at the end of games when I'm ahead and clearly trying to drain clock late in the 4th Q. The AI situational football IQ this year is astoundingly low.
I've seen this, in fact CPU playcalling in general leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #87
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

I also saw this and forgot to mention. I think I was losing to cpu with less than 2 mins, but it was not a last play type Hail Mary situ. I called a 3 wide shotgun formation, and they lined up in a prevent. I got a 30 yard pass reception to TE running a flag type route. He wasn’t wide open, but the prevent D helped him get open space to catch and go out of bounds. The rest of the game, the cpu played nickel or dime. But, that specific play should not have seen a prevent D, imo. So, it was instantly jarring to me to see it. It was on a first down, also, to be clear. It wasn’t a 4th and 20 or something, it was first down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2020, 03:03 PM   #88
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I also saw this and forgot to mention. I think I was losing to cpu with less than 2 mins, but it was not a last play type Hail Mary situ. I called a 3 wide shotgun formation, and they lined up in a prevent. I got a 30 yard pass reception to TE running a flag type route. He wasn’t wide open, but the prevent D helped him get open space to catch and go out of bounds. The rest of the game, the cpu played nickel or dime. But, that specific play should not have seen a prevent D, imo. So, it was instantly jarring to me to see it. It was on a first down, also, to be clear. It wasn’t a 4th and 20 or something, it was first down.
Hey, if it's good enough for Matt Patricia...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »