Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.11 Available, Fixes The Receiver Drops Issue From Patch 1.10

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.11 Available, Fixes The Receiver Drops Issue From Patch 1.10 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2020, 01:22 AM   #41
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.11 Available, Fixes The Receiver Drops Issue From Patch 1.1

Actually Forgot to mention the last 2 Games were cpu with 100 run block

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2020, 03:00 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.11 Available, Fixes The Receiver Drops Issue From Patch 1.1

I’m also noticing the CPU run game has gotten worse, they are not running nowhere near as good as they were during the first week this game was out.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #43
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Patches break the game yet again. Surprise surprise

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 09-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

Played my Chiefs/Ravens match-up last night on sim. Only had one dropped pass that puzzled me, which is fewer than I see n a normal game. Both QBs were very effective.

I won by slowing the Ravens down just enough to force a couple FGs on drives into the red zone.

So far, I'm not seeing issues with the patch. Thought it was a great game a of football.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:56 PM   #45
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I’m also noticing the CPU run game has gotten worse, they are not running nowhere near as good as they were during the first week this game was out.
Patch 1.11 took away CPU running back special moves es ...cuts ..jukes ect...now there is no footplanting ..it’s all bland straight ahead running.

I’m back to 20...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2020, 12:59 AM   #46
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I have no idea how this happens where the game totally shifts after a patch. In no programmer so it vexes me how gameplay can shift.

I am seeing very little scrambling anymore or smart movement by CPU. Decided I was getting slider crazy. All-Pro felt too easy and All-Madden way too hard. Decided to just reset the sliders on all-pro.

Had 2 close games I won but only because of turnovers by me. CPU QB’s were Cousins and Haskins. Neither ran at all. Sacks were 8 & 6.

Plus I’ve been drinking so I’m not really dialed in.

Just don’t get how the gameplay can change so much and sone don’t see it.

Want it back to how it was. Considering going back to OOB, turning off internet and seeing if their is a difference.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:30 AM   #47
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Does the most current patch not transfer over to existing franchises? Asking b/c I'm seeing people say the CPU isn't juking and the run game seems nerfed...but I just played CMC and Melvin Gordon in my Bucs 'chise and both busted out some decent runs utilizing spin/juke moves.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:54 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I have no idea how this happens where the game totally shifts after a patch. In no programmer so it vexes me how gameplay can shift.

I am seeing very little scrambling anymore or smart movement by CPU. Decided I was getting slider crazy. All-Pro felt too easy and All-Madden way too hard. Decided to just reset the sliders on all-pro.

Had 2 close games I won but only because of turnovers by me. CPU QB’s were Cousins and Haskins. Neither ran at all. Sacks were 8 & 6.

Plus I’ve been drinking so I’m not really dialed in.

Just don’t get how the gameplay can change so much and sone don’t see it.

Want it back to how it was. Considering going back to OOB, turning off internet and seeing if their is a difference.

As a former programmer/systems analyst, I can tell you the first thing I would look for is that they are recompiling the game using back dated modules (poor source control). I am assuming they have a master file that calls in many other sub files. These all have to be recompiled (updated) when a patch is released. The logical explanation is that some modules that get included are not the most recent.

That sounds too trivial for a shop the size of EA. There must be another explanation, but I can't figure it out. They release patches pretty quickly sometimes, so it's not like they are updating thousands of lines of code in a day or two.

Puzzling for sure...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »