Home

What has the newest Patch messed up for you?

This is a discussion on What has the newest Patch messed up for you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2020, 01:19 AM   #1
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
What has the newest Patch messed up for you?

Welllll for me, maybe its just me but the qbs dont take off as much anymore, and they wont throw the ball away very often and then just take sacks like crazy

Annoying to watch the qb just kinda keep dropping dropping dropping and boom sack,

Zone defense is still a joooooke, im not saying the new patch messed either of these up, just saying what ive seen alot of still,

check out this example of a horrrrrible zone defensive play, the player just up and leaves Kittle...

https://twitter.com/MikeHen93038720/...18603695460352
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2020, 07:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What has the newest Patch messed up for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
Welllll for me, maybe its just me but the qbs dont take off as much anymore, and they wont throw the ball away very often and then just take sacks like crazy

Annoying to watch the qb just kinda keep dropping dropping dropping and boom sack,

Zone defense is still a joooooke, im not saying the new patch messed either of these up, just saying what ive seen alot of still,

check out this example of a horrrrrible zone defensive play, the player just up and leaves Kittle...

I can tell you Zone has been messed up for years. By my reckoning, 18 was the last Madden where Zone was at least semi serviceable.

As far as the Quarterbacks, I've still been seeing a few take off but I've been finding that the less experienced QBs (Rookies and low Rated) don't throw the ball away well. And that "Pocket Passers" are more likely to take sacks.

Overall the patch made the game playable for me, which is good but it brought a lot of things back to their Madden 20 levels which was/is nothing to write home about. I'm happy to at least be seeing the QBs throw away some of the time (it's something that wasn't happening much at all vs the CPU in earlier Maddens.) Lastly, I feel like; fortunately, they tuned the run game slightly back to the OOB styling. Running isn't hard at all but they didn't OP the run like they did the last couple years in the first major patch. So there's something.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Everything feels pretty good right now. The formation sub screen is still weird in the menus but at least it's functional.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #4
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32

Look at Schnnaidt1's Slider set opening page at bottom -he has a QB trait adjustment that works...did for 20 and it does work for 21..

Last edited by tuckermaine; 09-28-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #5
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Patch 1.11 has reverted the CPU running game back to the generic straight ahead -no footplanting- no Jukes ect, that it was before 1.10.

Patch 1.10 IMO had brought back the “Footplanting” the Jukes, the trucking all the special moves.

Now Cpu “Swivel Turns” whole body when changing direction instead of a footplant and Juke...
Went back to 20..till next patch in hopes it’s fixed ...There will be LOTS more patches I understand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm having an issue with the CPU (in online franchise) running into my kicker more often than not.

Anyone know a fix?
Old 09-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Also, I ran for over 200 yards with Mostert (all madden/online franchise) and the next week it only recorded my RB for 78 yards

The player stats didn't match the team stats.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestrup
I'm having an issue with the CPU (in online franchise) running into my kicker more often than not.

Anyone know a fix?
Just turn off roughing the kicker penalty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »