Home

Final vertict for Madden 20 after the final patch (for offline franchise)?

This is a discussion on Final vertict for Madden 20 after the final patch (for offline franchise)? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Final vertict for Madden 20 after the final patch (for offline franchise)?

Didn't really spend much time with Madden 20 last year, but I am considering buying it over 21 since nothing was added to franchise mode.
But I know patches mess things up more often than not with these games....

After all the patches, and time with x-factors, franchise features like "fog of war" (which seems pretty cool), scenario (even though I have a pretty good idea about how that was perceived), etc... what was the final verdict on madden 20? Was the final patch a good one or did it mess something up? Any Franchise mode bugs that I need to be aware of for this game?

Last Madden I really got into with franchise mode was Madden 17 and I actually enjoyed it. Did not spend too much time with Madden 18 (because of life stuff), stayed away from 19 because of all the negativity. I said all that because I also have an option to get Madden 18 for 1.99 lol. And I know madden barely changes from year to year....but I'm hoping 20 is at least better than 18 because I would think finding good updated rosters is easer for 20.

UNLESS someone can talk me into getting Madden 21, but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem worth it right now...I really don't trust EA to come through on the big Franchise patch....plus the season will just about be over by then, so I really don't see the point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #2
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Final vertict for Madden 20 after the final patch (for offline franchise)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Didn't really spend much time with Madden 20 last year, but I am considering buying it over 21 since nothing was added to franchise mode.
But I know patches mess things up more often than not with these games....

After all the patches, and time with x-factors, franchise features like "fog of war" (which seems pretty cool), scenario (even though I have a pretty good idea about how that was perceived), etc... what was the final verdict on madden 20? Was the final patch a good one or did it mess something up? Any Franchise mode bugs that I need to be aware of for this game?

Last Madden I really got into with franchise mode was Madden 17 and I actually enjoyed it. Did not spend too much time with Madden 18 (because of life stuff), stayed away from 19 because of all the negativity. I said all that because I also have an option to get Madden 18 for 1.99 lol. And I know madden barely changes from year to year....but I'm hoping 20 is at least better than 18 because I would think finding good updated rosters is easer for 20.

UNLESS someone can talk me into getting Madden 21, but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem worth it right now...I really don't trust EA to come through on the big Franchise patch....plus the season will just about be over by then, so I really don't see the point.
Some people Absolutely Love 21, for me it’s the worst I’ve ever seen Madden in way of bugs and common sense issues that just didn’t work on release...
Formation subs in Franchise just recently got patched with 1.10-

However the new or latest patch 1.11 ruined some things for me that 1.10 fixed but, we all play the game different to be honest if it wasn’t for the Cpu running backs lack of realistic movement (because of patch 1.11) I was happy with game.
I saw very good QB play in pocket ..again it’s how you play...You May love it

20 took till late September but I got that running smooth...matter of choice
Old 09-28-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

So I played the trial and loved it. Had enough credit at GameStop to only pay 30 bucks for M21 though. The current trade-in value is like $29.75 and I'm super tempted to trade it because I've been playing way more M20 lately and just break even. Take it as paying $0.25 to rent M21 for a couple months. Just getting into season 2 with my HB career mode CFM in M20.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
So I played the trial and loved it. Had enough credit at GameStop to only pay 30 bucks for M21 though. The current trade-in value is like $29.75 and I'm super tempted to trade it because I've been playing way more M20 lately and just break even. Take it as paying $0.25 to rent M21 for a couple months. Just getting into season 2 with my HB career mode CFM in M20.
Hmmm, this really speaks volumes to me about the state of Madden 21 right now. This is just a really disappointing year in sports gaming!
Old 09-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

It's not bad at all though. What happened was I was experiencing an issue early on where when I went to upgrade my team it would freeze so I figured I'd play some M20 while waiting to see if they fixed the issue. They did but during that time I started that career mode and got invested in it and here we are...I'm enjoying M20 and considering my situation with being able to break even...I'm just considering doing that.

But again, for me and my play style and skill level, M21 is really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
There is no fog of war feature in any Madden game. It's an NHL feature. People on here have mentionned they'd like to have it in Madden but it's not there.

As to your question, Madden 20 is pretty good overall. Madden 16 is also a favortie around here as it's the best the CPU AI has been in recent years (though some would say 21 has it beat) but of course franchise in 16 is lagging behind.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:28 AM   #7
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
There is no fog of war feature in any Madden game. It's an NHL feature. People on here have mentionned they'd like to have it in Madden but it's not there.

As to your question, Madden 20 is pretty good overall. Madden 16 is also a favortie around here as it's the best the CPU AI has been in recent years (though some would say 21 has it beat) but of course franchise in 16 is lagging behind.
Thanks for the reply! So Fog of war isn't a madden thing? lol I guess what I meant was the hidden dev trait. Either way, i think its a pretty cool concept to play a certain number of snaps to unlock your rookie's full potential. I wish they would've expanded upon that idea.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #8
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

There's a lot of animations that I like about M21 but I have came back to M20 because i'm currently in the midst of one of the funnest franchises I've ever played. I'm 10 years in to a 1991 based (really 90's based franchise that is fueled by combined draft classes).

I play on a cpu favored slidered All Madden that I have a ton of fun with on M20. The 2 seasons I played on M21 was on default All madden and it did feel a tick easier to me....So i never really got to the part where I started tweaking the sliders on M21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »