Home

draft stories in franchise...where are they?

This is a discussion on draft stories in franchise...where are they? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
draft stories in franchise...where are they?

I usually import a custom draft class for real life rookies. I never see any draft stories and I was under the impression that is just how it is with custom draft classes. So in Madden 21 I use the games default draft class of fictional college players. I see 2 posts in the news feed about college players the entire first season. One guy is a monster and the other guy isn;t living up to the hype. What is going on? I thought there was supposed to be a whole story line about players and how they are doing in college and such to keep me relatively interested.

If all I get are 2 news stories on guys I an not even interested in I am inclined to start over and load a custom draft class with real players. Am I missing something here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: draft stories in franchise...where are they?

When you import there are no draft stories

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman43
When you import there are no draft stories

Thanks for the response but I pretty much said that I know that about imported draft classes. I am using the default draft classes inside of Madden 21 specifically so I could see these draft stories and buy the end of the season I saw 2 posts total. Underwhelming. I'd rather use real draft classes if 2 posts in the news feed is all I get. This can't be right.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Thanks for the response but I pretty much said that I know that about imported draft classes. I am using the default draft classes inside of Madden 21 specifically so I could see these draft stories and buy the end of the season I saw 2 posts total. Underwhelming. I'd rather use real draft classes if 2 posts in the news feed is all I get. This can't be right.
Ah ok got you

Old 09-30-2020, 02:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I usually import a custom draft class for real life rookies. I never see any draft stories and I was under the impression that is just how it is with custom draft classes. So in Madden 21 I use the games default draft class of fictional college players. I see 2 posts in the news feed about college players the entire first season. One guy is a monster and the other guy isn;t living up to the hype. What is going on? I thought there was supposed to be a whole story line about players and how they are doing in college and such to keep me relatively interested.

If all I get are 2 news stories on guys I an not even interested in I am inclined to start over and load a custom draft class with real players. Am I missing something here?
You found them but sometimes one year is better than the next in quantity. There’s usually 4-6 stories through the year. Keep checking all the way until the draft for more or different stories. Sometimes they disappear and a new one pops in. It’s garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2020, 02:29 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
You found them but sometimes one year is better than the next in quantity. There’s usually 4-6 stories through the year. Keep checking all the way until the draft for more or different stories. Sometimes they disappear and a new one pops in. It’s garbage.

I usually see way more than that...6 would probably be the lowest I've ever seen off the top of my head.

But like Lions said, you do have to check every week...the stories drop out semi-randomly, so if you don't see the one the week it happens, you might miss it entirely.

Also bear in mind that editing a draft class in any way will also shut the stories off from that point. Stories that already occurred will still have their impact, but new ones won't spawn. Even opening the editor to change a guy's name will put you into the same territory as an imported class.

If you plan to do any editing to the class, wait until the week before the draft to do so.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

I'm guessing I missed some stories then since I did not check every single week. I was expecting something a little more than this still. I thought I remembered in previous Maddens of this generation seeing dozens of draft stories hyping some players, claiming some players stock was falling and even reporting injuries. I almost always used custom draft classes for realism but thought this time I would delve into this story driven draft background. Seems like it's not really worth it now that I know.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #8
Pro

Honestly only remember draft stories really being a thing the first year they were introduced (Madden 13?). Every year since has been lackluster and they disappear too quickly to even make note of them. Haven't payed attention to them since

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »