Home

EA MUST Buff the Pass Rush and This is Not Up For Debate

This is a discussion on EA MUST Buff the Pass Rush and This is Not Up For Debate within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2020, 07:43 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA MUST Buff the Pass Rush and This is Not Up For Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilled_rooster
I play in a 32 man cfm league. all madden. simulation. and custom sliders. We have Pass Block on "0" (in words: ZERO" !!!)

QBs still have plenty of time. Sack numbers are still low.

Even Run Block is down to 25. And we pretty sure go lower with that to. Run game is still OP.

In this stage of the game, there's no need for an elite OL or DL. It makes no difference.
Same exact experience and setting in my 32 man league. I do notice that when pressure does come it tends to come from inside (DT) instead of from outside (DE/OLB). Example: Chargers owner gets more sacks from Linval Joseph than Joey Bosa.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:19 PM   #34
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Getting sacks is not about sending 6+ defenders in Madden. I have found that ensuring your rush paths are not bunched up helps. Meaning, you don't want to try and stuff 2 defenders into the same gap. Get into practice mode and test how the offensive line blocks based on where you send your blitz.

Remember delaying your blitzer, either by usering or setting him up about 5 yards off the LOS can help make a cleaner blitz. The delay in the blitz allows time for the offensive line to pick up their blocks. Blitz away from double team blocks cause the 2nd blocker will shed and pick up the blitzer.

Also, blitzing from 3-4 Odd or 3-4 Bear is by far the easiest means to successful blitzing. Blitzing from other formations, including any 4 man front is 10 times more difficult.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:12 PM   #35
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakazo
Basically the pass rush needs to be between where it was last year and what it is this year. Guys like Donald, Cox, Bosa and Mack should be monsters regardless. This year they are INVISIBLE. I run a 32 player franchise and these guys numbers after 1 season are a fraction of last year. And like the above poster said passing yards are off the charts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sped up passing animations are most likely a huge reason why. Most deep passes would result inna sack because guys would take forever to pass the ball and a lot of times short passes would have really long windups.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2020, 08:58 AM   #36
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Is there a strategy adjustment for like the D line or front 7? What I mean is like you could set to be balanced, play the run, or play the pass. Where play the pass would be the relentless pass rush you see when a team knows the other team is not going to run. You know in situations like 3rd and long or if you have a lead in the fourth quarter. If not there should be because you really don’t see the relentless pass rush in the game like in real life on obvious passing downs.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:09 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 19

A work-around that you can do in CFM is use the XP Sliders to manually create the Delta gains/differences for gameplay areas/aspects you want to produce.

In respect to this thread, drop the OL/TE XP Sliders to lower levels while leaving/raising XP Sliders for the DL/LB’s.

OVR/Positional Ratings will progress so that Delta’s will mainly lean towards the defensive side of ball.

Per Clint, there’s NO 100% formula in Madden, so even an OL giving up a 50pt BLK Delta would still have a win-chance every blue moon.

This just increases win-chances in the area you feel is lacking.

The beauty of the new contract mechanism introduced is that each position sets its own baseline for contract levels throughout the CFM, where as, it used to be mainly OVR across the board.
- so even though DL/LB’s OVR’s will be higher, contracts will still be respective with the positions within the league.

Side notes:
*Per Clint, there’s a “Cumulative” DL formula used during gameplay that many don’t remember noted in the notes/blog.

**LB’s coverage ratings are terrible in EA roster and Generated Classes, so this will actually tighten/minimize defense from being abused over the middle and short routes as Coverage LB’s Press/MCV/ZCV will be at increased levels to combat WR/TE Short Route levels.
— Pass Rushing LB’s will still be terrible in coverage, but better at Pass Rush because the Archetype drives what rating(s) will receive gains 1st/the most.

***This will impact AI QB decision making greatly, as the easy short route dump passes will be minimized so be mindful of how much you sway the Delta towards these defensive aspects.
(I personally like it because it forces more 3-n-out Punts by me and AI)

****Can do DB’s like this also if needed, but again will impact AI QB’s decision making (possible more sacks/throw aways/scrambling) with tighter defensive coverage and/or Delta wins.

Some food for thought.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EA683792-5645-4008-9D0B-2D21286A9746.jpg (597.5 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by khaliib; 10-02-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #38
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilled_rooster
I play in a 32 man cfm league. all madden. simulation. and custom sliders. We have Pass Block on "0" (in words: ZERO" !!!)

QBs still have plenty of time. Sack numbers are still low.

Even Run Block is down to 25. And we pretty sure go lower with that to. Run game is still OP.

In this stage of the game, there's no need for an elite OL or DL. It makes no difference.
Right now my online CFM pass blocking 0 & run blk 35.....its bad
Old 10-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #39
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by truryder4life
Same exact experience and setting in my 32 man league. I do notice that when pressure does come it tends to come from inside (DT) instead of from outside (DE/OLB). Example: Chargers owner gets more sacks from Linval Joseph than Joey Bosa.

Yep seems like only DTs when it does happen.
The blitz never gets there, i dont even bother blitzing anymore.

Has anyone manually blitz & all of sudden you hit the invisible wall..🙄
Old 10-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
Has anyone manually blitz & all of sudden you hit the invisible wall..🙄
That's a legacy nano blitz fix that's been in place for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »