Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.12 Available, Updates For Gameplay, Franchise & More - Includes Mouth Guards

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.12 Available, Updates For Gameplay, Franchise & More - Includes Mouth Guards within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #113
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.12 Available, Updates For Gameplay, Franchise & More - Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Like I said, I'm just experimenting so I don't really know what to expect from this. Along with the 25 accuracy, had pass coverage down at 30 and WR catching at 40 (catching is more of a set in stone thing as I like that more breakups and contested "drops" happen). All else default, and I'm not doing any of the trait/rating editing stuff. And it was in connected franchise, not play now. All sliders matched for both human and CPU, if it matters.

Like others, I don't see the CPU take many (if any) deep shots with the accuracy under 50 so seeing that was quite a shock.

Thanks for sharing bcruise. Are you seeing the QB drop back/sack issue with your set up? I’ve been thinking of dropping human pass cov to 30 and leaving it at that. Thinking maybe solving the QB drop back issue is as simple as loosening up hum coverage on the cpu a touch. I know I know. It’s Madden and it’s never that simple.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 10-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #114
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.12 Available, Updates For Gameplay, Franchise & More - Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Thanks for sharing bcruise. Are you seeing the QB drop back/sack issue with your set up? I’ve been thinking of dropping human pass cov to 30 and leaving it at that. Thinking maybe solving the QB drop back issue is as simple as loosening up hum coverage on the cpu a touch. I know I know. It’s Madden and it’s never that simple.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I am. I'm even seeing it at such an extreme as 0 Pass Coverage/ 100 Pass Blocking - a combination that should theoretically eliminate pressure and sacks almost completely. There is no "fixing" this and making it go away, outside of maybe trait editing (though I'm not sure scramblers are that much better at escaping sacks).

The thing is, and this is important - it doesn't hit every team with a pocket QB equally from game to game, regardless of the sliders I'm using. For example, in the week 1 game with TB and NO, Brady might get sacked 5 times, but Brees only once or none at all. The next week, Brady only might get dropped 1 or 2 times. and none of those numbers are really out of the realm of believability, so I'm hesitant to start twisting knobs to try and fix a problem which, in the end, might be nothing more than the players' ratings playing themselves out. Sacks might be a little high in my games on average (mostly because there's rarely one where there are none at all) but although it may look bad on the field when they happen, the stats aren't that far off.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #115
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I am. I'm even seeing it at such an extreme as 0 Pass Coverage/ 100 Pass Blocking - a combination that should theoretically eliminate pressure and sacks almost completely. There is no "fixing" this and making it go away, outside of maybe trait editing (though I'm not sure scramblers are that much better at escaping sacks).

The thing is, and this is important - it doesn't hit every team with a pocket QB equally from game to game, regardless of the sliders I'm using. For example, in the week 1 game with TB and NO, Brady might get sacked 5 times, but Brees only once or none at all. The next week, Brady only might get dropped 1 or 2 times. and none of those numbers are really out of the realm of believability, so I'm hesitant to start twisting knobs to try and fix a problem which, in the end, might be nothing more than the players' ratings playing themselves out. Sacks might be a little high in my games on average (mostly because there's rarely one where there are none at all) but although it may look bad on the field when they happen, the stats aren't that far off.
When I see that happening.....I pull off my pass rusher I am controlling.....the CPU teammates....welp...can't do anything about that. It happens rarely (I se it once a game typically rarely two times for me). But it stinks we have this QB AI issue.....again.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #116
MVP

On the QB-dropback-sack thing, can i just say I never take much issue with this because it always feels deserved?

I bust my you know what on defense (it’s hard as hell imo) and when that “glitch” happens, eight times out of ten it’s exactly what should have happened given the flow of the game, except maybe the game is throwing you an extra five or eight yards on the loss. So it’s 3rd and 22 instead of 3rd and 14. Like who cares.

And the reason I mention it at all is because I find there is an underlying tendency for this community to not like it when good things happen to them in the game. The game is giving you positive feedback (“here’s a 15-yard-loss for your defense”) and you’re whining. Then the same guys will turn around and whine about robo Qb. Can’t have it both ways, friendly reminder.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:15 AM   #117
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
On the QB-dropback-sack thing, can i just say I never take much issue with this because it always feels deserved?

I bust my you know what on defense (it’s hard as hell imo) and when that “glitch” happens, eight times out of ten it’s exactly what should have happened given the flow of the game, except maybe the game is throwing you an extra five or eight yards on the loss. So it’s 3rd and 22 instead of 3rd and 14. Like who cares.

And the reason I mention it at all is because I find there is an underlying tendency for this community to not like it when good things happen to them in the game. The game is giving you positive feedback (“here’s a 15-yard-loss for your defense”) and you’re whining. Then the same guys will turn around and whine about robo Qb. Can’t have it both ways, friendly reminder.
Eh it just kinda invalidates actually playing good defense and earning a sack for me. Feels like a bailout rather than a reward.

Also it’s not really “exactly what should have happened” bc any half decent an will throw the ball away or run for yards instead of continuing to drop back.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:53 AM   #118
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers

I KINDA agree with you here. It's restricted to Field General and Strong Arm Archetypes (irrespective of traits) and it will trigger when coverage is too good. It'll happen a couple times a game (more vs guys like Rivers - who is just awful) and it is what it is.

The ISSUE is a much broader one - coverage (particularly on deep vertical routes) is too tight on this game (and it's gotten "worse" as more coverage issues have gotten fixed). A +1 or +2 speed difference in a matchup just doesn't equate to much, so receivers are blanketed to the point where you have to force a pinpoint throw. The CPU will just not attempt them often enough (and I'm not just talking about bombs). It's the reason why the CPU will take those quick routes much more readily vs letting plays develop more. On the occasions where a play DOES open up, it's usually due to a massive mis-match (LB on speed guy) or, more frequently, due to a route running "win".

Field General/Strong Arm archetypes are not programmed to take off often enough (like scrambling/improviser archetypes). So, when guys are blanketed, they "spaz-out" until receivers come back to the QB and open up physical separation from the defender that way. Right now, the only real solution is to manually edit QB ratings to turn them into scramblers/improvisers (and I'm sorry - editing a guy like Brady into a scrambler - that's unacceptable, no matter what the gameplay impact might be). Slider edits can mitigate the frequency, but it WILL still happen.

I've taken the approach of "it is what it is" for the time being. I've got the game playing a challenging enough brand of football that they can overcome this issue when it does happen....at the end of the day, it's final score that matters.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #119
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

“I've been looking for a couple weeks and haven't found a fix. Injuries seem to be tied to game updates instead of roster updates now.“

I just saw the quote above in another thread (When Did This Start) this morning. Could this really be true?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »