Home

Let Us Play Any Game in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Let Us Play Any Game in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Let Us Play Any Game in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
So let’s recap this conversation:
1. EVHL says “scrap the CFM garbage (which is truly garbage and prevents us from easily doing what this entire post was about. Never once asks for the entire removal of a franchise/multiple-season experience

2. Either by your own arrogance or determination to prove to an online forum how mature and intelligent you are, you purposefully misread/misrepresent his post then lecture to him about being entitled.

3. You then admit you assumed the worst out of him, but then continued to lecture him, paint him as “outraged” in attempt to further flame the thread and bait an argument.

You should be banned lol.
No. I explained why I reacted the way I did after he interpreted "that's not what the guy I quoted said" as a personal attack deserving of its own outraged reply.

What he said didn't match what he said he meant to say. Ok, that's cool....people do that all the time, and text is a hard format to get a clear point across in sometimes. That's not assuming the worst, that's reacting to what was actually said.

I'm really confused as to what your stake in this is (so when they ban me, should they also ban you for jumping in for no purpose but to take a personal side and extend the argument?), but whatever. This has already gone two posts further than it needed to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #26

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Let Us Play Any Game in Franchise Mode

Yep, let’s just move on. No banning or infractions is happening. Misunderstanding and all is well.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:13 PM   #27
Rookie

NickyJay's Arena

The problem I see in Madden is that they've made your team management too isolated from the rest of the league.

I came to Madden 19 straight from Madden 08. 08's presentation was that as soon as you load your save, you see the entire league's schedule for the week laid out, complete with team records and time of day and the ability to just jump into any of them. The newer Maddens put me in my own little bubble, it makes it a chore to see how the rest of the league is doing.

Being able to spectate and even play these games made the whole experience much more fun. I'd kill to put Madden 20's on field gameplay together with Madden 08's franchise management screens.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyJay
The problem I see in Madden is that they've made your team management too isolated from the rest of the league.

I came to Madden 19 straight from Madden 08. 08's presentation was that as soon as you load your save, you see the entire league's schedule for the week laid out, complete with team records and time of day and the ability to just jump into any of them. The newer Maddens put me in my own little bubble, it makes it a chore to see how the rest of the league is doing.

Being able to spectate and even play these games made the whole experience much more fun. I'd kill to put Madden 20's on field gameplay together with Madden 08's franchise management screens.

Yep, exactly! This is the same issue NHL and FIFA have too. You don't feel like you're connected to the league you're playing in. Everything seems so "on rails" which is a real bummer. I too, really miss seeing the records and league schedule like in the screenshot you shared. I really am a firm believer in sports games allowing the user to immersive themselves in their own vision of the league. With how customizable the experiences are online via player/team customization, I think league customization would be a really important stuff for us offliners.

Want to play an 8-game schedule instead of 16? Go ahead! Want to expand the league? We'll give every division one slot. Want to play an online franchise without CPU teams/choose the amount of teams in the league? Here you go!

Stuff like that would make these sports game so much more playable. The reason I've only used my 10 hours the last 3 years then played once the game came to the vault are for these reasons. Way too long to setup a 32-team franchise mode. Not nearly immersive enough even while controlling all 32 teams. The league schedule not including records made it really tedious for me to choose a game to play, because I like playing 1-2 games a week and simming the rest, and I like for the games I play to be "spotlight" or "GOTW" caliber games. Having to bounce back and forth between menus makes that incredibly tedious.

DISCLAIMER: Asking for improvements to franchise mode (which includes the removal of the forced CFM method of running this mode) is not an endorsement to remove the mode all together. I guess responding in a thread dedicated to improving franchise mode and not explicitly stating that I want franchise mode completely removed is not enough to make this clear for some of our community members, so I will add this footer to avoid future misunderstandings.

Last edited by Elite Virtual Hockey; 10-08-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:01 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Virtual Hockey
DISCLAIMER: Asking for improvements to franchise mode (which includes the removal of the forced CFM method of running this mode) is not an endorsement to remove the mode all together. I guess responding in a thread dedicated to improving franchise mode and not explicitly stating that I want franchise mode completely removed is not enough to make this clear for some of our community members, so I will add this footer to avoid future misunderstandings.
While the focus on additional clarity is laudable, it's probably sufficient to simply not say "They need to scrap the career/character mode garbage".

Takes up far less space, and is more in line with the request made to let it go now that the misunderstanding has been clarified.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #30
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I love the whole look of this screen. I think we didn't realize how good we had it at the time with the old franchise modes.

I really miss all that detail in just the weekly schedule. Now it's so weak. And I hate the fact that the way I play one of my franchise saves is 32 team where I play every game every other week and every game is listed as User Game. It really kills immmersion.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #31
Rookie

NickyJay's Arena

The old gameplay is a pill now, but the most fun I had in my franchises was being able to play through my season, then step back to look at the schedule. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are playing each other on Thanksgiving night, I'll just go and play it. No fuss, no pointless effort of making yourself the owner. Even without the gloss that the newest Maddens have, it was still loads of fun. Madden also used to automatically export the statistics from all the games I played; I can still load those up and remember how thrilling those games were, 5 years after the fact.

I'm spoiled by defenses that can play zone now instead of constantly calling man-to-man. I'm spoiled by the team management mods that stop AI from playing 36 year old safeties with 78 speed. I can't go back to 08, and Madden has gotten so much closer but so much farther from perfection. If EA really did put all its effort into one season of rebuilding franchise mode, it could do so much to repair its image.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2020, 10:07 PM   #32
MVP

So we all agree they should do this? When do we get the hash tag trending?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »