Home

Next gen reveal?

This is a discussion on Next gen reveal? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 08:03 PM   #73
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Next gen reveal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGreat
Nah, smart delivery isn’t a patch. Or an update. Like I explained, it just ensures you download the right bits for the device you have.

Also, my reply was to someone who mentioned Xbox. I know PS5 really doesn’t call it that, obviously. But since many games are saying if you buy current gen version you can get the upgraded version free on both consoles I’m sure it won’t matter.
I know what it is. It's a service that makes sure you have the latest version of games. It's basically DRM. It's gonna be for all first party and some games like Cyberpunk and AC. With more on the way, I'm sure.

But at it's core, it's literally an update tool. It updates games it supports to the newest version so you don't have to buy the next-gen version.

Madden 21 does not support Smart Delivery. I don't know how Madden will update to the next-gen version. I don't think anyone does right now.

But I think it's safe to say that it will be some sort of "update" or Patch" for both PS5 and Series X.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:19 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 0

Kind of off subject, but related to next gen reveal - I'm curious about framerate. Will the game run 4k@120fps, or will it be 4k@60fps? And what affect, if any, will ray tracing have on framerate?

I've been spending a lot of time reading/watching videos on various 4k/next gen tv's (upgrading from my 2015 Vizio) and ran across a video that said the PS5 Spiderman game could only do 4k@30fps with ray tracing on. Obviously every game is different, but it made me wonder about Madden and if hdmi 2.1 is even relevant year 1 of next gen?

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

EA really Dropped the ball, how could they not have MADDEN or FIFA out at console launch? Microsoft and Sony can't be too happy about it. Prolly won't see anything till December..lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 10:34 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Kind of off subject, but related to next gen reveal - I'm curious about framerate. Will the game run 4k@120fps, or will it be 4k@60fps? And what affect, if any, will ray tracing have on framerate?

I've been spending a lot of time reading/watching videos on various 4k/next gen tv's (upgrading from my 2015 Vizio) and ran across a video that said the PS5 Spiderman game could only do 4k@30fps with ray tracing on. Obviously every game is different, but it made me wonder about Madden and if hdmi 2.1 is even relevant year 1 of next gen?

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Operation Sports mobile app
I feel like when it comes to non-racing console sports game, they never really discuss frame rates. I would love higher frame rates for smoother performance.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:01 PM   #77
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim316
EA really Dropped the ball, how could they not have MADDEN or FIFA out at console launch? Microsoft and Sony can't be too happy about it. Prolly won't see anything till December..lol
There has been no confirmation that the game won't be out at release of the consoles.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:11 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

IGN posted the 30 Release games for XBOX and Madden or Fifa wasn't on the list
Old 10-16-2020, 11:35 PM   #79
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim316
IGN posted the 30 Release games for XBOX and Madden or Fifa wasn't on the list
EA hasn't shared their details for the games yet with anyone, including IGN.

I'm not saying the game will for sure be out at launch, but that list isn't really indicative of the games not coming out.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:46 PM   #80
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
There has been no confirmation that the game won't be out at release of the consoles.
There has been no confirmation that it will be out at release of the consoles.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »