Home

Next gen reveal?

This is a discussion on Next gen reveal? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 10:58 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Next gen reveal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray_iv_m3rcy
With each passing day it's appearing more and more as if it's going to be an identical port. There really is nothing to market that hasnt already been marketed before with the capabilities of next gen consoles.
Ironically I remember when Madden 25 came out for the X1. The game's base download size was 8GB (Same as the Xbox 360). As we went on to see it was def a reskin with "true-step" and "living-worlds" being the latest catch phrase marketing at that time. True-Step all but died after that year and living worlds never became a thing. In the Madden Next Gen trailer you can spot multiple issues as is even within the small window.

1. During the Cristian Mcaffrey run the OL and DL are still in-gaged (WHY?) behind him (D-lineman should have disengaged at this point and joined pursuit), yet right as he reaches the pile on they freeze (which lets you know its not organic and is all animation based - but it still glitches).

You can go here to view the gif
On the reveal website

Here is a still pic I snagged.

2. Bent knees are still an issue and locomotion is 100% the same (based on what we've seen). Locomotion needs a major re-haul and has for quite some time, its a shame to still see these issue on next gen. Players just don't move realistically which as ALWAYS been a Madden issue.

3. Cardboard sidelines still exist.

These are all based on the promo. I'd love to be 10000% wrong on these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #66
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray_iv_m3rcy
With each passing day it's appearing more and more as if it's going to be an identical port. There really is nothing to market that hasnt already been marketed before with the capabilities of next gen consoles.
My view has always been that they wouldn't be offering a next gen upgrade for free if it wasn't just a port with better graphics.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 10-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #67
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGreat
I’ll say I don’t expect more than a port either (albeit a bit prettier and smoother MAYBE some ray tracing), but it’s not technically a “patch”. It’s called “Smart delivery”, meaning whatever device you download the game for will be the appropriate version for said device.
Smart delivery is only for Xbox, but it really just a buzzword for a "patch" or "update." Either way, the next gen version will be available as an "update" to the current-gen version for both systems. It will just automatically update on the Xbox Series X. PS5 may and probably will do something similar.

But in the end, it's really just a patch or update.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I think that first major Franchise update has to come in time for next gen at this point. It wouldn't be a good look to release next gen Madden and still have to wait a week or two before the first major update is there. Worse scenario, it is a higher fidelity port. I still hope that they sure up these bugs and glitches. I don't want to see the same bugs and constant need for updates on Next Gen. So even if it a port, I want a smooth experience out of the box.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #69
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Why not at least announce when they are going to start releasing next gen info?
I've been a around a long time, do not expect any surprises from EA concerning Madden, they never attempt to exceed expectations, they do the bare minimum. Imo, I really hope they don't release a next gen Madden 21, they should just focus on Madden 22. But again, I've been around a long time, it ain't gone happen.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Why not at least announce when they are going to start releasing next gen info?
I've been a around a long time, do not expect any surprises from EA concerning Madden, they never attempt to exceed expectations, they do the bare minimum. Imo, I really hope they don't release a next gen Madden 21, they should just focus on Madden 22. But again, I've been around a long time, it ain't gone happen.
You've been around long enough, when has "focus" on the next Madden ever done anything beneficial? Look how they phone'd in Madden 21. Literally copy and paste job. They've had there hands on next gen dev kits for well over 2 years. The focus should have BEEN there my guy.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:18 PM   #71
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Smart delivery is only for Xbox, but it really just a buzzword for a "patch" or "update." Either way, the next gen version will be available as an "update" to the current-gen version for both systems. It will just automatically update on the Xbox Series X. PS5 may and probably will do something similar.

But in the end, it's really just a patch or update.
Nah, smart delivery isn’t a patch. Or an update. Like I explained, it just ensures you download the right bits for the device you have.

Also, my reply was to someone who mentioned Xbox. I know PS5 really doesn’t call it that, obviously. But since many games are saying if you buy current gen version you can get the upgraded version free on both consoles I’m sure it won’t matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 06:41 PM   #72
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Forget getting your hopes up. A free upgrade = same game ported over with bow on top! Same BS every upgrade
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »