Home

Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.14 Available - Updates For Gameplay, MUT, Franchise & Presentation - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.14 Available - Updates For Gameplay, MUT, Franchise & Presentation - Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #41
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.14 Available - Updates For Gameplay, MUT, Franchise & Prese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Deleted the game (left my profile and other saves alone)....then I reinstalled it. And MUCH better (it was stable anyways). Too early to tell about if this is a good/bad patch; but fingers crossed. But I will say that after reinstalling, this patch, combined with my setup, the CPU QBs looked a lot better.
I guess I will have to try this. Are there any special steps that have to be taken to ensure you don't delete your profile or franchise saves?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #42
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 21 Patch 1.14 Available - Updates For Gameplay, MUT, Franchise & Prese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I guess I will have to try this. Are there any special steps that have to be taken to ensure you don't delete your profile or franchise saves?
Not on PS4 at least, you just hit the options menu from the main screen and select delete and then go to your library and reinstall (I normally shut down my system after deleting just in case).
Old 10-16-2020, 10:52 AM   #43
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagan
Good info. I had deleted/reinstalled and only downloaded 1.12 then kept playing while putting 1.13 on top of it and had no issues besides the audibles making the camera hang high glitch.

Are most of you guys deleting/reinstalling with every patch? I'm curious which patches aren't compatible with others or how many.
Given that Madden has a relatively small install size (and I have no limitations on downloads from my ISP), I'm basically doing it for every patch these days.

YMMV though...
Old 10-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #44
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

Hmm... what's the theory on what deleting and reinstalling with the fresh patch actually does (vs. just installing it new)? I'd never heard that this should make any difference (but it sounds like it does?).
Old 10-16-2020, 11:48 AM   #45
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
Hmm... what's the theory on what deleting and reinstalling with the fresh patch actually does (vs. just installing it new)? I'd never heard that this should make any difference (but it sounds like it does?).
I think it's more of a "copying and pasting over old files" type of thing than anything else. I can't prove this; but I sometimes wonder if files become de-fragmented a bit during patching; which COULD cause the game to behave oddly due to longer/shorter times to access certain files (or lines of code), which for a game this complex, could result in things acting oddly.

Downloading fresh means one complete package; which always seems to be a bit more stable.

I could be totally wrong as to the explanation - but I've never regretted doing a full reinstall either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 11:51 AM   #46
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

This is why I wait until all patches(at least major ones) are out to get the game. Plus it’s usually cheaper by then or in the vault. I’m not fussy about having to play it during the real season. In fact I have trouble squeezing gaming in this time of year between life, sports and shows on tv that I like.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:04 PM   #47
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
One of the big reasons I've put Madden 21 down until it's able to be modded. The brainless zig zagging by RB's. Playing a modded version of M20 were the modding community fixed this issue. It's glorious seeing cpu runners run forward without all that nonsense. Yet EA still doesn't fix this in M21.
I've always wondered if there's any way that modders can report to the devs precisely what they are changing under the hood so that it can be incorporated into patches.

It's like getting free testing and work from the community.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 10-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I've always wondered if there's any way that modders can report to the devs precisely what they are changing under the hood so that it can be incorporated into patches.

It's like getting free testing and work from the community.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I’ve sent as well as others dealing with the values and visual gameplay of the improvements of said changes to Clint.

Some changes are Play Style specific that can be done, but others would impact the game as a whole, which then spills over into MUT/Comp play and runs contrary to what those communities want during their experience.

That’s the catch-22 he has to deal with as the Gameplay Lead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »